+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For the virtually landed parents, how can we declare the properties/bank balance back home?
Also, we dont want to sell it in the nearest future but later in the future for sure,
How can we declare it now and later don’t get taxed on it?
They can decalre those on their first tax return. (foreign property)
They will still have to report and get taxed (since once they move to Canada, that's not their primary residence any more in the future.) for any capital gain from the sale. Most will get the current evaulated fair market value when they immigrate and the capital gain is calculate from that date/time. (not from the original purchase price). You should consult an accountant (in Canada).

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/newcomers-canada-immigrants.html#PBC

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
They can decalre those on their first tax return. (foreign property)
They will still have to report and get taxed (since once they move to Canada, that's not their primary residence any more in the future.) for any capital gain from the sale. Most will get the current evaulated fair market value when they immigrate and the capital gain is calculate from that date/time. (not from the original purchase price). You should consult an accountant (in Canada).

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/newcomers-canada-immigrants.html#PBC
Thank you
So we don’t need to declare anything to CBSA, right?
We can just discuss this with a CA and declare it in taxes?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
How can we declare the jewellert etc, when parents are already in Canada and landed virtually rceently?
Not sure how it's done for virtual landing. But the paperwork is "goods to follow". Not bringing in right now.
I think there's way to send in the form later. But I don't know the details.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
All London Office Applicants - looking at the tracker sheet, the last two ECAS status "Decision Made" were back in July and Oct. Any updates worth adding to the tracker @afged, @ranasahib, @rockwidme, @asad4455, @misterbmw, @mbshez and @hjstannum

@Iryna K - I see your biometrics request comments.

We got biometrics along with pre arrival letter on Nov 18. No update since then.

Amazing to see no movement at all from July/Oct timeframe.
I think there was some movement at London LVO but none for applicants from Pakistan being processed at London.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
All London Office Applicants - looking at the tracker sheet, the last two ECAS status "Decision Made" were back in July and Oct. Any updates worth adding to the tracker @afged, @ranasahib, @rockwidme, @asad4455, @misterbmw, @mbshez and @hjstannum

@Iryna K - I see your biometrics request comments.

We got biometrics along with pre arrival letter on Nov 18. No update since then.

Amazing to see no movement at all from July/Oct timeframe.
Last update we got from LVO was on Nov 26th. Were asked to submit PCC and updated Forms again.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I think there was some movement at London LVO but none for applicants from Pakistan being processed at London.
One of my friend who is not in tracker got the passport request nov 13 and got decision made on oct 29. They got prearrival one month before (sep 29) decision made
London office.

I know many who got prearrival in nov but no decision made until now.

Reactions: Hamied

amax

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

I had a question for this group. I am June 2019 applicant and finally seeing some movement. Parents are in Delhi, India and got the request for Biometrics and medical.

A few days after that I got a PDF letter saying my eligibility is approved as a sponsor and if I have not submitted then I should submit all documents, which I did at the time of file submission. The one question is they're asking for PCC in that request, but I have not gotten a request for PCC in a separate email or message.

Shall I move forward with PCC requirements for the parents or wait till they request it through an email?

Mani2019

Nov 25, 2019
Hello,

I had a question for this group. I am June 2019 applicant and finally seeing some movement. Parents are in Delhi, India and got the request for Biometrics and medical.

A few days after that I got a PDF letter saying my eligibility is approved as a sponsor and if I have not submitted then I should submit all documents, which I did at the time of file submission. The one question is they're asking for PCC in that request, but I have not gotten a request for PCC in a separate email or message.

Shall I move forward with PCC requirements for the parents or wait till they request it through an email?
They did the same on my application, a PCC was requested as a part of the sponsorship approval, not as a separate.

Reactions: amax

Prayas

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has recently booked tickets from India to Canada and what their experience has been . I see that the tickets are either not available or are super expensive , not sure what the process has been at the layover airports after the recent PCR test requirements.
Appreciate your response/direction.

Thanks

amax

Jun 25, 2014
They did the same on my application, a PCC was requested as a part of the sponsorship approval, not as a separate.
thank you - they've asked for some other documents as well, but again I have already submitted these? Did you fulfill all of these or you also got some request for docs pre-submitted?

Thanks again.