+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi All, I got passport request for my parents today. I am trying to figure out a way to send their passports via a courier. Can anybody tell me if I can pay for that online on VFS? So it is picked up and dropped off from our home?

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Just google you MP of your community name, it should show you the informarion.
Once you find the name, then search for that MP and call their office explaininh your concern and the help you need.
In case you are nearby Skyview, your MP would be George Chahal.
thank you

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
thanks so much!
Did your parents did another PCR test at the transit airport (in may case it's Vienna)?

@rj04 says that they need it!
no they didn't. They didn't even get tested upon arrival or asked to quarantine. I think the additional test at transit airports is only for travelers from those 10 something high risk countries.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
no they didn't. They didn't even get tested upon arrival or asked to quarantine. I think the additional test at transit airports is only for travelers from those 10 something high risk countries.
@Roya-FSW As far as I know, a PCR test needs to be done in a third country, in your case that is Vienna.

Testing requirements before returning to Canada
You must obtain a negative COVID-19 molecular test result in a third country, within 72 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada or arrival at a land border. A temporary exemption from third country testing is in effect for eligible passengers leaving from or transiting through South Africa.

For example: If you are flying from Malawi to Canada, you must stop in a third country, such as Germany, and then get a negative COVID-19 molecular test in Germany before flying on to Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/omicron-variant#countries

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
@laxsun , @serious_cheese
Please update line 564 - received a request for biometrics from London LVO on Dec 17th.
If only it was easy with the London office... They sent us a request to do biometrics within 30 days with the letter date as of November 12, thus the deadline is December 13 but the request came to us on Dec 17th... *face palm
So you got biometrics AFTER medicals and pre-arrival letter?

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi I’m still waiting for ppr (all docs, medical, biometrics have been done and send) and today I got an update “biometric completed” on mycic.
Does it mean something? (PPR soon?)
Thanks

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Many Congratulations.

Which Visa Office was processing your application? did you submit any additional documents?
Thanks @rockwidme . It is in CPC Missisuaga. Yes, they had asked me for a Government service form for my mum and my parents Voter cards ( as a proof of their relationship since we did not have a marriage certificate)