+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
My parents 2019 PGP application is in process and medical has been completed. They arrived in canada on visitor visa last month. In case, their PR gets finalized while they are still in Canada, and they have stayed in canada on visitor visa for more than 3 months, then will OHIP 3 month waiting period be satisfied due to their stay? Or they will have to wait an additional 3 months before they can qualify for OHIP ..?

frange

May 25, 2018
My parents 2019 PGP application is in process and medical has been completed. They arrived in canada on visitor visa last month. In case, their PR gets finalized while they are still in Canada, and they have stayed in canada on visitor visa for more than 3 months, then will OHIP 3 month waiting period be satisfied due to their stay? Or they will have to wait an additional 3 months before they can qualify for OHIP ..?
I realized that some forum members ask questions that they already know the answers.
1- Your parents come as visitors.... A visitor is NOT eligible for OHIP.
2- They will be eligible when they become officially PR and their 3 months waiting period will START at day 1 after they sign for OHIP after PR status granted. In this case no OHIP without PR status. As long as your parents status remain visitor, they are not eligible and 3 months period couldn't apply.

Thanks.

Reactions: YVR123

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Does anyone know if copies need to be certified ?

Thanks

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I realized that some forum members ask questions that they already know the answers.
1- Your parents come as visitors.... A visitor is NOT eligible for OHIP.
2- They will be eligible when they become officially PR and their 3 months waiting period will START at day 1 after they sign for OHIP after PR status granted. In this case no OHIP without PR status. As long as your parents status remain visitor, they are not eligible and 3 months period couldn't apply.

Thanks.
Ok thanks

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
Hi everyone, i‘m 2019 applicant, row 418 in tracker. My parents file is not moving at all since a year. in Dec 2020 ircc asked for address confirmation and some documents which I have already submitted, but the online profile did not get updated. But when I enquired, I get email that documents are received, and IRCC will contact us if more information is needed.
It is really frustrating waiting for updates from IRCC.
how long can we wait for ircc to process the file?

• Sad
Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi everyone, i‘m 2019 applicant, row 418 in tracker. My parents file is not moving at all since a year. in Dec 2020 ircc asked for address confirmation and some documents which I have already submitted, but the online profile did not get updated. But when I enquired, I get email that documents are received, and IRCC will contact us if more information is needed.
this is really sad. looks like medical cleared , PCC provided. wonder what's the hold up. you could contact local MP for follow up

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi there, at least there is one case delayed like mine, application submitted on June 04 2019, sponsored parents, presently in Pakistan, medical passed in Jan 2020, biometric sent in December 2019. All other documents sent incl pcc, resume, pp copy, demanded with SA letter. All documents
Sent till March 2020 in installments. After that silence, requested atip notes on 16 August 2021, on 18 August file transfered to London from CPC-M. Atip notes not received yet.. Four months passed. They are not asking any thing not providing any update. Just covid and Refugees, I don't mind but when I see even 27 June case receiving pp requests and 2020 case getting copr I wonder what's missing in the file. Next step should be remedical and pcc as they are expired.. Now the last resort is MP inquiry.
All old friends have left this room one by one. It's very gloomy and deserted.

Last edited:

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello.
We got request for biometric request last and did that with couple of days.
The biometric id is now visible on the ircc account in the linked application(got updated next day of doing biometric)
But today I saw that in the list of steps, it says we have not received your fingerprints. Should I send something from my end?

Same here, and that issue will linger on till they will finalize the case, they never answered to my query. May be its due to disappeared lines due to aging. Some posts say it was software glitch. Some posts say they had to redo. Only time will tell.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi everyone
Seeking some advice, hopefully someone can help. They ask for copies of additional documents ( PCC, divorce certificate). Do this copies need to be certified by a notary? They didn’t mention it on the letter. Anyone that went through this already?

Thanks

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
everybody said we should contact our local MP, but I don't know how can I find mine, Which local MP is that? can anyone please advice? I am living in calgary, I don't know should I ask city's MP or my Community's MP? I am confusing :(

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
everybody said we should contact our local MP, but I don't know how can I find mine, Which local MP is that? can anyone please advice? I am living in calgary, I don't know should I ask city's MP or my Community's MP? I am confusing :(
Just google you MP of your community name, it should show you the informarion.
Once you find the name, then search for that MP and call their office explaininh your concern and the help you need.
In case you are nearby Skyview, your MP would be George Chahal.

Reactions: mintmint