+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
I got a similar email from LVO. I was surprised as well but decided to submit it via email to them anyways.

Mine was a bit weird, I was asked to upload the forms in My cic account, after a few days got a similar email form LVO asking us to submit forms and PCC via email.
Thanks. I guess I will email too.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
@Roya-FSW I see you got PPR, congratulations!!! Have you posted the passport yet. Curious how long it takes to receive the passport back? We sent my mom's yesterday.
Hi dear, thank you!
Yes we submitted passport on the same day lol! MYCIC account shows that visas have been issues but we have not got them back yet. It took 8 days to issue visas.

Reactions: Godzilla9

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello,
My Mam Passport is stamped with "IM-1 Immigrant Visa." in Amman at 6 Dec 2021
Valid until 21 Oct 2022

No New Email from CIC what to do next.
Is this enough for landing or she need other documents??
I read that she need COPR ??
Thanks
I think the visa is enough for her to travel and land in canada. She will get the COPR upon landing.

If she is already in Canada, then there is an option for virtual COPR

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Im having trouble to link application to my account, What I have to answer about "Number of family members",

Its application for 1 person , My Mother.??

When I answer 1 , its not linking, says no application found.

Thnaks
this one is tricky. there was a link to a help page for this from somewhere in the shared tracker sheet

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Finally received passports for my parents back after stamping PR visa along with COPR letters for both.but they marked medical surveillance for my father due to History of Tuberculosis.
Any1 have any idea how does surveillance thing goes n will be this Medical surveillance paid or free...? his medical for PR was passed only after he underwent most accurate/invasive (FNAC ) test to rule out active Tuberculosis.
Still y they want surveillance...???

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
Hello,

I just received a letter on Dec 8 from CIC Mississauga office asking for the following and with a response within the next 30 days:

- Current Address of Principal Applicant
- Instructions asking to pay Biometrics fees and provide confirmation
- Proof of Relationship (for myself): As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school
records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).

1. Regarding Biometrics, my parents already completed their Biometrics in March 2020. Does this mean they need to do it again? I read on their website
that is valid for 10 years. As FYI, they had to complete Medicals first in March 2020 and then again in July 2021.
2. Regarding proof of relationship, since I am a Canadian citizen, I don't have a Voter ID card or Aadhaar card. The only thing I can provide is the 10th and 12th Grade marks card, Birth certificate or OCI page. Which one of these should I send?

Could someone please clarify my above questions so that I can decide on my next steps?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Would really appreciate if someone could provide clarification!!!

Avii297

Jul 26, 2019
Hello,

I just received a letter on Dec 8 from CIC Mississauga office asking for the following and with a response within the next 30 days:

- Current Address of Principal Applicant
- Instructions asking to pay Biometrics fees and provide confirmation
- Proof of Relationship (for myself): As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school
records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).

1. Regarding Biometrics, my parents already completed their Biometrics in March 2020. Does this mean they need to do it again? I read on their website
that is valid for 10 years. As FYI, they had to complete Medicals first in March 2020 and then again in July 2021.
2. Regarding proof of relationship, since I am a Canadian citizen, I don't have a Voter ID card or Aadhaar card. The only thing I can provide is the 10th and 12th Grade marks card, Birth certificate or OCI page. Which one of these should I send?

Could someone please clarify my above questions so that I can decide on my next steps?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I was asked as well the proof of relationship. I don't have all three, as well so I just shared my 10th Class certificate which has my Father name.

Reactions: karthit

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Would really appreciate if someone could provide clarification!!!
1. If you paid biometric fee during application submission just send that payment receipt.
2. Regarding relationship proof
INDIAN VOTE CARD:it becoms legal obligation to surrender vote card once you obtain Canadian citizen,hence u can't have it
AADHAAR CARD: u need atleast 182 stay in India for OCI to have AADHAR card so many NRI don't fullfill criteria
So you only are left with SCHOOL certificate,birth certificate and Marriage certificate to prove relationship.

I personally used above points for vote card and AADHAR card in letter of explanation also attached10th,12th ,degree certificate and Birth, marriage certificate to prove relationship
It worked...

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
We have received eCOPRs for parents and got an email for medical surveillance information.
We have not got any IMM 0535 (Medical Surveillanxe Undertaking form) to go with it?
But i think the public health will require this form.
Also, for medical surveillance, do we recieve a call from Public Health or do we have to call them.
If anyone did it, can they please share the process?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
yes i am in the same situation. exact same timelines as you have shared. my parents arrived here on trv last month. You could contact local MP office. although they can enquire with ircc on your behalf, they say they cannot do anything to expedite it

did you update parents address in Canada?? any update since they arrived in canada??