+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
@serious_cheese , @laxsun , @RQ2012 or any member - could you please advise on the above situation? You prompt response will be much appreciated! Also, another thought should I send the NOA from 2019 and 2020 as well when I report the addition of family member?
This letter is basically addressed to the Principal applicant, spouse, and accompanying dependents. Just go ahead with the Passport submission process.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Got this reply from London when enquired by principal applicant, my father he manage MyCic himself and received advise of transfer letter from mississauga to London on his own email address. Please comment.
"Dear sir/madam,
Please be advised that your email address is not associated with a file at our office. Please communicate with us via the email address associated with your application. Please note that if you have appointed a representative, you must communicate with us via your representative."

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
When did your MIL receive her Decision Made? What was her LVO? Medical request and approval date? PCC request date?

I am not sure when it changed to decision made. The ECAS is not showing anything. its all blank for some reason.

She only recvd her medical request once.

June 11, 2021 - Medical request
June 15, 2021 - Medical completed
Visa Office - Mississauga (mainly because she was in canada at the time of submission)

Reactions: serious_cheese

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
For Alberta Health Care:

My parents just got portal credential email today. I am preparing ahead for the health care cards etc.
What address proof can be showed in Alberta?
Bank statement will take some time come, can I make a lease agreement of my house?
Or what else could be done for address proof?

Reactions: anshuman

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
For Alberta Health Care:

My parents just got portal credential email today. I am preparing ahead for the health care cards etc.
What address proof can be showed in Alberta?
Bank statement will take some time come, can I make a lease agreement of my house?
Or what else could be done for address proof?
You can show your parents as your tenants and prepare a rental agreement for this. Without COPR, registries won't accept the application for health card even if you show PR application approval letter (portal email). Get insurance for your parents until you get COPR.
Portal credentials and E-COPR are luck based as it could take few hours to few months. There is no processing time for this and even call centre agents have no answer for this.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
You can show your parents as your tenants and prepare a rental agreement for this. Without COPR, registries won't accept the application for health card even if you show PR application approval letter (portal email). Get insurance for your parents until you get COPR.
Portal credentials and E-COPR are luck based as it could take few hours to few months. There is no processing time for this and even call centre agents have no answer for this.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I already have insurance for my parents since they came here, i’ll just have to cancel it once we get health cards.
I’ll make tenancy agreement, just preparing ahead of time, hopefully will get eCOPR soon.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone, a bunch of questions for anyone who recently travelled from Delhi to Toronto via another stop in Canada (in my case Montreal)

My parents are coming in three days - Delhi to Toronto via Montreal.

I have a few questions for you if you could please answer at earliest:
1. The immigration formalities will happen at Montreal or Toronto Airport ?
2. The covid test that happens at landing, will be taken in Montreal or Toronto ?
3. The flight layover at Montreal is 3 hours - and they have to take the luggage from the first flight and submit for the next one as well in this time window ? Is that quite possible based on your parents experience (the other option I am thinking for is go to Montreal airport for them)
4. For Arrive CAN app - in airport for arrival - should we register - Montreal or Toronto ?
5 If the testing, immigartion and luggage everything is happening at first port of entry - that is montreal, what order do these three go in ?

I know these are a lot of questions, but any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi my mom came a month ago and she did same route except it was delhi to Montreal to calgary.
1. Immigration formality will be at Port of entry which in your case is montreal so thats where everything will happen.
2.my mom didn't had to take any test in canada. She just did her rt pcr in New Delhi 6hrs before flying and she didn't have to do test as she was fully vaccinated. Make sure they have report handy with all the info printed on the paper.
3.for luggage change,call the airline call centre as they can guide you better. For eg in our case air canada didn't do Direct transfer,my mom had to collect it from Montreal airport after immigration etc was done and drop it off for domestic flight. So double check with the airline some might do Direct transfer of luggage. Three hrs may be okay. If not and if picking them is not a hassle then do that.
4.in airport arrival for Arrive CAN would be Montreal even though they are going to Toronto. Once you put in flight details it will automatically use Montreal if it doesn't let you put it in directly.
5. So double check the testing part if it's required or not. They would do immigration first and once they get the stamp they would go collect their luggage and drop it off for domestic flight at their counter and then proceed to the gate.
I hope this helps. Enjy time with your family

Reactions: reezam

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, may I have your help please.

my father received a "medical surveillance undertaking" form, which indicates government will monitor his health and he needs to agree to report to a health clinic 30 days after his admission to Canada. it requires signature, but didn't specify where to return the form

for those whose parents received same form, could you please advise what I should do? should I send a signed form together with their passport to get their visa?

many thanks.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Thanks so much @desi_munda, oh, wow, I didnt realize you need to keep it for that long.

Would you still need the CSQ after becoming a Canadian citizen?

Many thanks
You only need it at the beginning of your PR journey. Once you are in the system with your PR card and RAMQ, I don't think anybody asked for it since then. I have kept it just because I don't feel like throwing it :). After Citizenship, your passport and Citizenship certificate become important and most of the PR documents become irrelevant except for landing paper which you might need to get services from India (OCI etc)

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi to all, is there any one with similar experience. My father emailed about his case to London visa office and they said they don't have his email associated with any file and he should communicate through his representitive if appointed any. I have submitted representitive form with application so do they mean they will only communicate with me on my email address? Will highly appreciate your input. Thanks

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi my mom came a month ago and she did same route except it was delhi to Montreal to calgary.
1. Immigration formality will be at Port of entry which in your case is montreal so thats where everything will happen.
2.my mom didn't had to take any test in canada. She just did her rt pcr in New Delhi 6hrs before flying and she didn't have to do test as she was fully vaccinated. Make sure they have report handy with all the info printed on the paper.
3.for luggage change,call the airline call centre as they can guide you better. For eg in our case air canada didn't do Direct transfer,my mom had to collect it from Montreal airport after immigration etc was done and drop it off for domestic flight. So double check with the airline some might do Direct transfer of luggage. Three hrs may be okay. If not and if picking them is not a hassle then do that.
4.in airport arrival for Arrive CAN would be Montreal even though they are going to Toronto. Once you put in flight details it will automatically use Montreal if it doesn't let you put it in directly.
5. So double check the testing part if it's required or not. They would do immigration first and once they get the stamp they would go collect their luggage and drop it off for domestic flight at their counter and then proceed to the gate.
I hope this helps. Enjy time with your family
Thank you so much. Wishing you and your family a happy stay in Canada as well