+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hi everyone, I got a letter(mail) or my address in Canada approving me as sponsor for my Parents.
it said they will send me request for medical and I haven’t received anything yet. I checked online tool for application status and it says the medical request was sent out in 28th November 2021.

I noticed that the PA email was incorrect in the 008 form and wondering if I will get a physical letter since the email ID given was invalid(I sent test mail to check and and ended up creating that email ID)

I am wondering what could be my best next steps or if I should wait for few days tosee if I get the medical letter by mail to my address in Canada.
My parents are in India.

Your feedback will be highly valuable for me and much appreciated

thanks in advance!
You can send cic a message using the web form advising them of the wrong email address situation and ask them to update the with your new email address. You can also let them know to resend the medical request letter to the new email address, coz you haven’t received it yet.

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
It is hard to estimate timeline. In some cases it happens within few days but some are waiting for months also.
It is now sure that PPR will happen. Be cool and imagine that you will have parents with you soon.
thank you, we actually received ppr on 19th nov, both applicants are in canada and hence we requested virtual landing as notified via webform, this was done on 20th november and since then we are yet to hear anything. any idea how virtual landing is handled and how long this takes? thanks again

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
@robertp - please update the sheet

#420 - dhillozcanada22#2 - Mother in LAW

May 27, 2019 - Application Submitted
Aug 13, 2019 - AOR recvd
NO communication or movement for 2 years.

Request Letter - August 31, 2021 - requesting further documentation to prove relationship with the sponsor. Submitted 10th, 12th grade certificate. - IRCC accepted.
Oct 14, 2021 - Invitation to pre arrival services
Oct 14, 2021 - PPR - Passport request recvd

Oct 22, 2021 - Passport sent VFS 2 way courier (New Delhi)
Nov 10, 2021 - Gckey Updated - Application Approved.
Nov 12, 2021 - Passport & COPR recvd via courier
Dec 16, 2021 - MIL will be completing her landing

Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited:

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
#408 - dhillozcanada22#1 - Parents

Sep 4, 2019 - AOR recvd
Oct 6, 2019 - PCC & Additional Docs request
Nov 13, 2019 - Biometrics Request
Dec 18, 2019 - PPR Request
March 12, 2020 - COPR issued. But passports got stuck at embassy and didnt get it back until late may 2020.

My parents couldn't complete their landing due to COVID-19 and their COPR expired 23 Dec 2020.

Aug 3, 2021- Still want to immigrate email recvd
Aug 6, 2021 - Responded with all the info requested.
Sep 13, 2021 - Request for Re medicals recvd
Sep 14, 2021 - Medicals completed
Sep 30, 2021 - PPR Request recvd

My parents landed and completed landing on Nov 3, 2021.
Still waiting for PR card in the mail.
Good Luck to Everyone

Reactions: serious_cheese

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hey my moms application is June 7 2020. Pretty much Similar timeline as yours. Second Medical done in July 2021and nothing since then rest everything else completed in Jan 2020.its indeed frustrating. My mom is here on trv so hopefully her passport call comes soon.

u mean to say 7th June 2019??

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@robertp - please update the sheet

#420 - dhillozcanada22#2 - Mother in LAW

Aug 13, 2019 - AOR recvd
NO communication or movement for 2 years.

Request Letter - August 31, 2021 - requesting further documentation to prove relationship with the sponsor. Submitted 10th, 12th grade certificate. - IRCC accepted.
Oct 14, 2021 - Invitation to pre arrival services
Oct 14, 2021 - PPR - Passport request recvd

Oct 22, 2021 - Passport sent VFS 2 way courier (New Delhi)
Nov 10, 2021 - Gckey Updated - Application Approved.
Nov 12, 2021 - Passport & COPR recvd via courier
Dec 16, 2021 - MIL will be completing her landing

Good Luck to everyone.
When did your MIL receive her Decision Made? What was her LVO? Medical request and approval date? PCC request date?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good day,

I received the PPR for my mother this morning. Thank you god!

Going through the letter it mentioned one of the following step:

I had my second daughter born in May 2021 but I think I did not inform IRCC about it. Do I inform them now through webform? Would this delay processing of stamping of my mother's passport? Our family income should still qualify to support her even if we added my second daughter but curious if I should not be opening another can of worms.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member,
you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation,
annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a
child born to your accompanying dependent child,

 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring
relative;
 Change in health, including pregnancy;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a
criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your
permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members
inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently
exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Good day,

I had my second daughter born in May 2021 but I think I did not inform IRCC about it. Do I inform them now through webform? Would this delay processing of stamping of my mother's passport? Our family income should still qualify to support her even if we added my second daughter but curious if I should not be opening another can of worms.

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member,
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation,
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a

 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring
relative;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a
criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your
inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently
Congratulations. What is the timeline - particularly, date of re-medicals, and the visa office?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Congratulations. What is the timeline - particularly, date of re-medicals, and the visa office?
Hello @RQ2012 - thank you so much! she got her medicals completed in September 2021, PCC and additional documents in October 2021 and visa office is NDVO (assuming she is in India). We are getting communications through CIC - Mississauga though.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
You're welcome. Thanks for sharing what IRCC told you. It's good to know to keep all the relevant documents for landing and CSQ is such an important one. It will probably come in handy for RAMQ and perhaps other Quebec services. I still have mine from more than 15 years ago :)
Thanks so much @desi_munda, oh, wow, I didnt realize you need to keep it for that long.

Would you still need the CSQ after becoming a Canadian citizen?

Many thanks

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone, a bunch of questions for anyone who recently travelled from Delhi to Toronto via another stop in Canada (in my case Montreal)

My parents are coming in three days - Delhi to Toronto via Montreal.

I have a few questions for you if you could please answer at earliest:
1. The immigration formalities will happen at Montreal or Toronto Airport ?
2. The covid test that happens at landing, will be taken in Montreal or Toronto ?
3. The flight layover at Montreal is 3 hours - and they have to take the luggage from the first flight and submit for the next one as well in this time window ? Is that quite possible based on your parents experience (the other option I am thinking for is go to Montreal airport for them)
4. For Arrive CAN app - in airport for arrival - should we register - Montreal or Toronto ?
5 If the testing, immigartion and luggage everything is happening at first port of entry - that is montreal, what order do these three go in ?

I know these are a lot of questions, but any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good day,

relative;
criminal offence
inadmissible to Canada.
@serious_cheese , @laxsun , @RQ2012 or any member - could you please advise on the above situation? You prompt response will be much appreciated! Also, another thought should I send the NOA from 2019 and 2020 as well when I report the addition of family member?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@serious_cheese , @laxsun , @RQ2012 or any member - could you please advise on the above situation? You prompt response will be much appreciated! Also, another thought should I send the NOA from 2019 and 2020 as well when I report the addition of family member?
i would send an update via webform just to be on the safe side. I did the same when my family size changed. In my case, I attached a birth certificate as well. You dont have to send a NOA. I dont think it will delay anything.