+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

agyyds

Aug 8, 2021
Is there anyway to check the status or follow up the application process, except the online status check, for parents sponsorship? It has been more than 29 month for my application and also haven't heard anything back since I provide them updated document in beginning of September, so really want to find if there a way to check.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
Hi
Can you please advise if the parents have to go and drop the passport to the VFS centre. My parents have been asked to submit the passport but the details are not clear whether they have to send it by courier or ho in person, if in person do they have to take appointment .their closest VFS centre is Chandigarh.. any clarification would help
Now's days only option to submit passport is through two way courier.just fill two way courier webform in VFS website n rest follow instructions received in emails from VFS. Their r tons of videos on youtube for details.

Bnds

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi;

My parents received passport request I have raised a webform through VFS and paid the fee. Just want to confirm can i send my father and mother passport together for stamping? my mother is a primary and my father is secondary. When i filled the VFS webform it asks each passport has to submit one webform.

My father didn't receive any letter from IRCC as he's a secondary applicant. Please any one share any thought really appreciate.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Well said! The application will be processed even though it is slowed by COVID-19.
What documents they asked?
They asked for Medicals (they were done and passed on Feb 20,2021 for visa extension, hopefully they will accepted) Schedule A Background/Declaration Form, Additional Family Information Form, Divorce Certificate, my Canadian Citizenship Proof.

Reactions: laxsun

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi;

My parents received passport request I have raised a webform through VFS and paid the fee. Just want to confirm can i send my father and mother passport together for stamping? my mother is a primary and my father is secondary. When i filled the VFS webform it asks each passport has to submit one webform.

My father didn't receive any letter from IRCC as he's a secondary applicant. Please any one share any thought really appreciate.
May I ask which VO?

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi
Can you please advise if the parents have to go and drop the passport to the VFS centre. My parents have been asked to submit the passport but the details are not clear whether they have to send it by courier or ho in person, if in person do they have to take appointment .their closest VFS centre is Chandigarh.. any clarification would help
They cannot go in person. They have to courier them to VFS office

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
My parents got a request for police certificate and medical exames yesterday (we are going through Mexico). Can someone remind me what information needs to be provided to update the tracker?
Also, they requested their fingerprints to be sent to RCMP - has anyone done this from South America? What's the process?

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Hello @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese Please update my info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: 681
  • Sponsored People: Parents (2)
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 26, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 14, 2019
  • AOR Received (DATE): October 23, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Ecas Available and linked account on Oct 23, 2019
  • Sponsorship In process Date: July 21, 2021
  • Biometric request date : February 05, 2020, Completed on February 07,2020
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : July 21, 2021
  • Medical Pass: August 16, 2021
  • Pre Arrival Letter Received: September 28, 2021
  • Passport Request Received: October 21, 2021
  • Passport Sent for Stamping: November 3, 2021
  • PR Status changed to approved: November 19, 2021
  • Stamped Passport Received with CORP letter: November 23, 2021
My parents are in India. Thank you so much everyone for all your help.
Congratulations for successful PR application of your parents. Don't know where our application stuck. Our application date is also june 14, 2019
Our AOR is also same 23rd October 2019. Sponsorship in process date is 28th January 2020.
Moreover my parents are also from India
No progress after that

Last edited:

sgniceman

Dec 16, 2012
i have a problem to sign in portal account to view and consent for a representative to submit online application. IRCC sent the link and temporary pass (when representative to start the application) to access the account but can not use it. It said the account already created (with email) but can not log in- if i click to forget pass , it said a verification code has been sent but not at all (both inbox and junk!)

Anyone with the same problem and how to correct it?

thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My parents got a request for police certificate and medical exames yesterday (we are going through Mexico). Can someone remind me what information needs to be provided to update the tracker?
Also, they requested their fingerprints to be sent to RCMP - has anyone done this from South America? What's the process?
Put the exact dates of requests and also the dates when they are done.
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Sukhkijiji

Feb 2, 2019
Looks good progress in your file.
Do you know the date of file transfer to NDVO.
Didn't IRCC ask for additional documents like CV, travel history? If yes, when?
Went through my SA letter, It was mentioned about moving file to NDVO.
Also Update, Today eCAS shows Decision made for PR Application also. I checked my email, but NO PPR.
Luckily they didn't ask for any CV/travel History stuff.

Also, the My Account is still showing normal stuff. Hopefully its on the way :)

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

Vbp86

Aug 17, 2021
Application reached on June 11/2019
2nd medical passed Aug 31/2019
VO— Mississauga
Nothing after that.. amid there anybody in a same boat ?? It’s so frustrating and MP can’t help too.
is there any other option? Please guide.