+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nizam0317

Jun 20, 2018
Hi
I'm sponsoring my Parents, got the invitation and my income for the year 2020 is less, so my wife is co-signing the application. I sponsored my wife and she came to Canada in August 2019. Is she eligible to co-sign. Please reply ASAP I don't have much time to make changes.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I have a question:
My dad is principal applicant and mother and brother are dependent.
Is it possible that my mother travels to canada now as she has super visa and later on she can get Ecopr? While my dad and brother can have their passport stamped with the visa when they request for it?

vineshdparekh

Oct 16, 2021
Hello,
For minimum income requirements to sponsor parents is LICO + 30% so is it 30% of the minimum requirement on the top of minimum required income? For example, if the family size is 3 then for 2019 and 2018 you should have $50+ $15k and $49k+ $14k respectively?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello,
For minimum income requirements to sponsor parents is LICO + 30% so is it 30% of the minimum requirement on the top of minimum required income? For example, if the family size is 3 then for 2019 and 2018 you should have $50+ $15k and $49k+ $14k respectively?
No, LICO is different than MNI.
MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) is LICO + 30%.
The numbers you have mentioned for 3 people, those already include 30%.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

Check this link, it has MNI already calculated as per different family sizes/per year.
So this is the final you will need, no need to add extra in it.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
I'm sponsoring my Parents, got the invitation and my income for the year 2020 is less, so my wife is co-signing the application. I sponsored my wife and she came to Canada in August 2019. Is she eligible to co-sign. Please reply ASAP I don't have much time to make changes.
I think you can add her, but i believe she will need 3 years NOA even without any income.
But there are other members in the forum who has more experience about this, if they can help you with this.
Also, for 2020 the income requirement was reduced due to covid impact, have you checked if you meet with the reduces amouny by yourself?

NV1986

Nov 13, 2017
Hello,

My parents have booked their medical exam in coming days.
My father faced an accident in 2018 where he had hematoma and went through surgery in head (brain surgery). After 2018 he has never faced any epilepsy issue but doctor has suggested epilepsy medication and my father is taking is Oxetol 300 once everyday.

Also he takes sleeping pills from last 20 years.

Does this thing can lead to refusal? or as condition is stable and medical dose is reducing should be mentioned in medical examination?
Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello,

My parents have booked their medical exam in coming days.
My father faced an accident in 2018 where he had hematoma and went through surgery in head (brain surgery). After 2018 he has never faced any epilepsy issue but doctor has suggested epilepsy medication and my father is taking is Oxetol 300 once everyday.

Also he takes sleeping pills from last 20 years.

Does this thing can lead to refusal? or as condition is stable and medical dose is reducing should be mentioned in medical examination?
Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
If the cost of this does not exceed the threshold (which is aprox $20k per year), it should not be any problem.
Ask your father to take all his reports and maybe a letter from the doctor who’s been treating him, to panel physician.
But i don’t think it would be any problem.
Good luck

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, Little help please, Got PPR request for my parents on NOV 18th, 2021, finally. Both parents currently in INDIA. I filled out the web form on VFS Global website for a two way courier service for submitting the passports but i had to fill out two separate forms for Mom and Dad. Afterwards received confirmations for both web forms,
My questions is:
Would I have to submit the passports in separate packages and would the payment links be generated separately for individual passports. Somehow the PPR request says to submit the whole package together but i am confused as the VFS website does not allow to fill the webform for two passports?

Anyone with any recent experience with passport submission services at VFS INDIA offices please?

Here is the time line for reference to other members here:

File submitted: May 31, 2019
Second Medical Requested: July 25, 2021
Medical Passed: Aug 31, 2021
Additional Docs Requested: Sep 28, 2021
PPR and Pre arrival: Nov 18, 2021

Thanks
Although this should be one package but for any reason, VFS wants to send passports in two separate packages. I suspect just a way to make more money. You will need to submit VFS webform for both passports and they will send you a link for payment in email.
Keep in mind link is valid for 12 hours only. I would suggest regularly checking email or you will miss the payment timeline.

Reactions: laxsun

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello Members,

With god's grace we finally received our PR card. This process is now officially over for us.

All the best for eveyone out there. All the very best.

Signing out

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi

I got the PPR today, just wanted to ask you when you sent the webform to inform about applicants being in Canada, did you get an acknowledgement of that they received rhe webform.
I just sent the webform and wondering if i will be getting any acknowledgement.
No webform acknowledgement was received and this is very painful because you are wondering if they received the form or not. Don't worry you should hear back in 2 weeks.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I submitted a web form to the london office almost 1.5 months ago but have not received any response/acknowledgement. Is anyone in a similar situation? Is there an email which we send our queries to for the london office?