+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

Does the PA have to do the landing before the dependents, in my case- PA and one dependent is in India and one dependent is in Canada (work permit). PPR received for all of them.

Please advise.

Thanks
That is my understanding: PA has to land before any dependent or together. However, you may consult other who are experts on this or immigration consultants.

pundhi

Nov 24, 2019
hello
My Mom's application for PGP 2019 will now be transferred to NDVO as per the latest document that i received from IRCC today.
I am just wondering , i submitted everything, PPC, Biometrics, Medical, Other additional documents that they had requested back in September.
Is it just the norm for every file to get transferred. My mom is currently in india.
Do they ever interview a parent?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
hello
My Mom's application for PGP 2019 will now be transferred to NDVO as per the latest document that i received from IRCC today.
I am just wondering , i submitted everything, PPC, Biometrics, Medical, Other additional documents that they had requested back in September.
Is it just the norm for every file to get transferred. My mom is currently in india.
Do they ever interview a parent?
Hi

My parents pcc medicals everything was provided to CPC-M in Jan 2020
On Oct 07 2021 they transferred the file to Delhi, on Nov 13 I got DM2 and on Nov 18 PPR.
So maybe you would see progress in NDVO soon.
Good Luck

newton2020

Dec 20, 2020
Hello Senior Members,

Finally, I got the COPR and passport back from VFS Delhi after 15 days and my father will be arriving here in Canada end of this month. Thank you for all your help, guidance, and support. I wish good luck to all my friends who are waiting for the final result.

I have a question related to "ArriveCAN" app. I need to select one of the Categories for the purpose of travel and I am not sure which one is the correct one for my father. He will become a permanent resident after his landing here in Canada so I am not sure if option 1 (Returning to Canada) can be used. The other option I see is "7. Family reunification" which I think is the closest one as per my father's situation. Can you please advise what should be selected in this case? Thank you in advance.

1. Returning to Canada
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person registered under the Indian Act returning to Canada. This group of people can always enter Canada if they meet the requirements.

2. Discretionary/optional travel by fully vaccinated foreign national(s)
This option is available only to fully vaccinated foreign nationals who intend to enter Canada for the purpose of business, tourism, recreation and/or entertainment.

3. Foreign worker
A foreign national who seeks to enter Canada to work and who either holds a valid work permit, has received approval of their application for a work permit, or who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit.

4. Study (international student)
A foreign national who holds a study permit, whose application for a study permit was approved, or who is entitled to apply for a study permit at the port of entry, and who seeks to enter Canada to study at a designated learning institution listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

5. Study (US-Canada cross-border student)
Students, from kindergarten to post-secondary, who cross the Canada-US border regularly or daily to attend school.

6. Compassionate grounds
Persons who have a valid letter issued by the Minister of Health or her delegate allowing them to enter Canada for compassionate reasons, in accordance with Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act.

7. Family reunification
A foreign national who intends to enter Canada to be with a family member and can prove the intent to stay at least 15 days. For further information and requirements, see uniting with family members.

8. None of the above

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello Senior Members,

Finally, I got the COPR and passport back from VFS Delhi after 15 days and my father will be arriving here in Canada end of this month. Thank you for all your help, guidance, and support. I wish good luck to all my friends who are waiting for the final result.

I have a question related to "ArriveCAN" app. I need to select one of the Categories for the purpose of travel and I am not sure which one is the correct one for my father. He will become a permanent resident after his landing here in Canada so I am not sure if option 1 (Returning to Canada) can be used. The other option I see is "7. Family reunification" which I think is the closest one as per my father's situation. Can you please advise what should be selected in this case? Thank you in advance.

1. Returning to Canada
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person registered under the Indian Act returning to Canada. This group of people can always enter Canada if they meet the requirements.

2. Discretionary/optional travel by fully vaccinated foreign national(s)
This option is available only to fully vaccinated foreign nationals who intend to enter Canada for the purpose of business, tourism, recreation and/or entertainment.

3. Foreign worker
A foreign national who seeks to enter Canada to work and who either holds a valid work permit, has received approval of their application for a work permit, or who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit.

4. Study (international student)
A foreign national who holds a study permit, whose application for a study permit was approved, or who is entitled to apply for a study permit at the port of entry, and who seeks to enter Canada to study at a designated learning institution listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

5. Study (US-Canada cross-border student)
Students, from kindergarten to post-secondary, who cross the Canada-US border regularly or daily to attend school.

6. Compassionate grounds
Persons who have a valid letter issued by the Minister of Health or her delegate allowing them to enter Canada for compassionate reasons, in accordance with Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act.

7. Family reunification
A foreign national who intends to enter Canada to be with a family member and can prove the intent to stay at least 15 days. For further information and requirements, see uniting with family members.

8. None of the above
Congratulation!
I think Family Reunification would be the best one in this case.
I used Family Reunification for parents who came on super visa.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hello. I have received a letter from IIRC-New Delhi to submit passport for stamping within 30 days but we are not in possession of the passport. Let me explain from the beginning what happened.
So, In March 2021 we received the very 1st passport submission request along with photos and we submitted the passport within deadline(30 days). A month later passport came back (without stamp) to us saying photos were not taken as specified. There was no other explanation in the returned package as to what step needs to be taken next. So we re-do the photos and sent the passport back 2nd time to NewDelhi with the same March letter. Again passport came back to us (without stamp)without any explanation letter as to what next step to be taken. Then we sent the passport a 3rd time in Oct 2021 and its still in New Delhi and hasn’t arrived back yet

Now, yesterday (19th Nov) I received an official letter from IRCC Delhi asking to submit passport with new photos within 30 days. My problem is that passport is not in my possession. What kind of step can be taken?

-Should i wait for passport to arrive back (assuming it will be returned back w/o stamp) and then send it back the 4th time? But this time with an official letter asking for it?
-Should I contact IRCC Delhi to explain everything? If so, how? via email?
-Should i inform them via WebForm?
Please advice. Thank you.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello. I have received a letter from IIRC-New Delhi to submit passport for stamping within 30 days but we are not in possession of the passport. Let me explain from the beginning what happened.
So, In March 2021 we received the very 1st passport submission request along with photos and we submitted the passport within deadline(30 days). A month later passport came back (without stamp) to us saying photos were not taken as specified. There was no other explanation in the returned package as to what step needs to be taken next. So we re-do the photos and sent the passport back 2nd time to NewDelhi with the same March letter. Again passport came back to us (without stamp)without any explanation letter as to what next step to be taken. Then we sent the passport a 3rd time in Oct 2021 and its still in New Delhi and hasn’t arrived back yet

Now, yesterday (19th Nov) I received an official letter from IRCC Delhi asking to submit passport with new photos within 30 days. My problem is that passport is not in my possession. What kind of step can be taken?

-Should i wait for passport to arrive back (assuming it will be returned back w/o stamp) and then send it back the 4th time? But this time with an official letter asking for it?
-Should I contact IRCC Delhi to explain everything? If so, how? via email?
-Should i inform them via WebForm?
Please advice. Thank you.
I would recommend, contact IRCC Delhi explaining the situation.
You can submit webform or email or do both.

Reactions: MineshPatel

sunkansal

Nov 20, 2021
Hello Everyone, Little help please, Got PPR request for my parents on NOV 18th, 2021, finally. Both parents currently in INDIA. I filled out the web form on VFS Global website for a two way courier service for submitting the passports but i had to fill out two separate forms for Mom and Dad. Afterwards received confirmations for both web forms,
My questions is:
Would I have to submit the passports in separate packages and would the payment links be generated separately for individual passports. Somehow the PPR request says to submit the whole package together but i am confused as the VFS website does not allow to fill the webform for two passports?

Anyone with any recent experience with passport submission services at VFS INDIA offices please?

Here is the time line for reference to other members here:

File submitted: May 31, 2019
Second Medical Requested: July 25, 2021
Medical Passed: Aug 31, 2021
Additional Docs Requested: Sep 28, 2021
PPR and Pre arrival: Nov 18, 2021

Thanks