Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Dear Senior Members,

My father got his COPR and he has submitted his passport for Visa stamping @ VFS Delhi. I am planning to book his travel as soon as we get his passport back from VFS. I have the following questions with respect to the landing process on his arrival in Canada.

1. What documents he should carry at the time of landing other than a passport and a copy of the COPR document?
2. I believe he needs to declare the list of the items (cash, gold jewelry, any personal items, etc) at the time of landing. Any other items we need to disclose?
3. How early he can apply for an OHIP card? I believe there is a waiting period of 153 days after his arrival in Ontario. He was regularly visiting us from time to time on a visitor visa but I am not sure if those days will be considered for OHIP eligibility?

Thank you for your valuable advice in advance. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the final result.

Thanks, Raj
right off the bat.. there is no waiting period for the OHIP card. 153 days out of 180 days is the residency requirement.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Hi All my parents got an invite as part of 2020 draw, for one of my friend there was a delay on medical test perspective where the clinic didnt contact with him for additional test and because of other issues from the clinic perspective the process got delayed by almost a year. wanted to check if any one from mumbai can confirm a good place to get medicals done

Thanks

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
@robertp @serious_cheese @laxsun

I wanted to ask about virtual landing. My brother is a dependent on the file and is currently in Canada. I have submitted a webform to IRCC infirming of his current address but so far I have not received any reply from them.

Can someone please share their experience on the process. It's almost 5 days since I received the Passport request but no follow up on virtual landing ? Is there any course of action I will be doing ?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi All,

received my Portal email from Virtual Landing Unit on 28/Oct/21 and remainder email on 29/Oct/2021.

I responded to them on 28/Oct itself. And again today(29/Oct) received remainder email. I just received a third one today. Does anyone had similar experience. After sending reply also getting remainders from Virtual Landing Unit(
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)
Hi, when did you submit the webform informing current address ?
I did 2 days ago, no reply so far. I had to submit within 5 days of receiving passport request.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Dear Senior Members,

My father got his COPR and he has submitted his passport for Visa stamping @ VFS Delhi. I am planning to book his travel as soon as we get his passport back from VFS. I have the following questions with respect to the landing process on his arrival in Canada.

1. What documents he should carry at the time of landing other than a passport and a copy of the COPR document?
2. I believe he needs to declare the list of the items (cash, gold jewelry, any personal items, etc) at the time of landing. Any other items we need to disclose?
3. How early he can apply for an OHIP card? I believe there is a waiting period of 153 days after his arrival in Ontario. He was regularly visiting us from time to time on a visitor visa but I am not sure if those days will be considered for OHIP eligibility?

Thank you for your valuable advice in advance. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the final result.

Thanks, Raj
(1) COPR and Passport with Visa is sufficient for landing. They might have asked photos for PR card.
(2) If he is bringing big amount of cash or bank draft, he has to declare and also or any non-accompanying shipped goods.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, the application for my parents' PGP is under progress. It has cleared all security, criminality, medical checks and should be in final stages. Meanwhile, they got approved for a regular visitor visa (not super visa). Now, the question is whether to do a one-way ticket or a return ticket? I would want to do a one-way ticket in case the PGP gets finalized while they are here. But people are suggesting to do a return ticket since its a tourist visa otherwise my parents will face trouble with the immigration officer. Any thoughts are appreciated. My parents have been to Canada and USA before and I and my wife are canadian citizens.
Ask the airline if they can issue one way ticket for the visitor visa.

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
for parents coming to canada 1st time as landed immigrants (after receiving passport from VFS india)- what are some things to keep in ind when declaring personal assets at the airport? What if the parents are not bringing the gold/cash during this first visit?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
anyone has experience with parents vaccinated with non-approved vaccines coming over recently? are they getting tested again at the airport? has hotel quarantine been lifted and they only require the 14 day quarantine?
Fourteen days home quarantine for travelers with vaccines not approved by Health Canada and they receive test kit for 8th day.
No hotel quarantine though.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
for parents coming to canada 1st time as landed immigrants (after receiving passport from VFS india)- what are some things to keep in ind when declaring personal assets at the airport? What if the parents are not bringing the gold/cash during this first visit?
It must be similar to our condition during landing. If they are bringing a lot of assets they have to declare otherwise there is no real need.
The objective to my understanding is that CRA may question later if the PR shows a lot of assets in Canada during tax filing. They can bring
unlimited wealth during landing if allowed by the country where they are coming from.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If tourist visa, return tickets are needed... If not, your parents will probably be facing troubles, even send them back to their country.
Be careful.
if they come as visitors, one way is fine if they have visa prior. Immigration officers would not care if you have a one-way or two-way. We have done it many times in the past.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi
Anyone whose file got transferred to local visa office after initially being assigned to CPC-M, do we have any timelines for these cases?

My case is:
Application received - May 10, 2019
SA - Jan 2020
Medicals/ PCC - Sent Feb 2020
July 2021 - Medicals extended
Oct 07, 2021 - File sent to LVO-New Delhi

What timeline I should expect?
I knew a few people got this situation in the past but i am unable to find those old posts to see their timeline!

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Thank you for your prompt response. Any comment about the documents to be carried at the time of landing?
I am not very sure about that. I believe the passport (with the single entry visa) and COPR should suffice. I think they should also carry another form of identity proof from their country like a drivers license or social security card.

rox123

May 15, 2014
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my parents from India. We just received letter asking for few documents and biometrics with a 30 day deadline. My questions are-
1) All vfs global offices show no appointments available. How to go about booking appointment?
2) For proof of relationship to my parents- requested for "5th class, middle standard, matriculation/secondary school certificates". Does this mean I have to submit marks sheet for class 5? What is middle standard?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.