+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello @laxsun
How are you?

Can I please request for your inputs.

Recently, I had received a letter from IRCC addressed to my father asking for additional documents - proof of relationship, travel history, government positions and PCC.

The letter was addressed to my father.

Section from the letter:
<Father's UCI> - <Father's name>:
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide
your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school
certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.

Everything was clear except for proof of relationship asked. I was confused whose document was asked.

First I thought they were asking my documents but I have already submitted them my passport and school documents. I mentioned I did not have birth certificate.

Reading the letter later sounded like they asked my father's documents. Now I am confused why would they ask my father's voter id, aadhar card and education documents as proof of relationship to principal applicant.

Based on my understanding, I have submitted my father's voter id, aadhar and education certificates. Did I make a mistake in my submission?

They also asked to confirm if the residence address has changed since the application was submitted.

Any inputs from your end will be extremely helpful.

Thank you.
Normally they ask to prove relationship between PA and sponsor as you have not sent your birth certificate.
In my opinion, if you re- send your certificates indicating your father's name, it may do.

Last edited:

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Normally they ask to prove relationship between PA and sponsor as you have not sent your birth certificate.
In my opinion, if you re- send your certificates indicating your father's name, it may do.
Thank you @laxsun.

Lat week I did send IRCC my birth certificate that I found in my own PR file from 2011. This birth certificate was issued by indian consulate, NY. I did not know I had it. I hope it is applicable.

From the letter addressed to my father, it said “your” aadhar card, voter id and education docs. So I sent my father’s wondering why he is asked. When IRCC asked my documents last year, they addressed the letter to me.

Should I also send my aadhar card and along with it I can send my education doc again? I have voter card but it has a lot of typos. I do not want to send it as a result.

Thank you so much

Maddy1041

Jan 30, 2020
@robertp @laxsun
Hi Team of experts, I need urgent advice as my parents got biometrics on 29th Oct in India and now they have a ticket on 8th Nov to Toronto and we are not getting any slot to get biometrics done in india.

I have booked an appointment in Brampton, ON for them but still not sure if they can get biometrics done here as they will be on visitor visa.

Please help me on this

Thanks

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@robertp @laxsun
Hi Team of experts, I need urgent advice as my parents got biometrics on 29th Oct in India and now they have a ticket on 8th Nov to Toronto and we are not getting any slot to get biometrics done in india.

I have booked an appointment in Brampton, ON for them but still not sure if they can get biometrics done here as they will be on visitor visa.

Please help me on this

Thanks
They can get Biometrics done here in Canada on a visitor's visa.

Reactions: laxsun

shivi1234

Jan 2, 2020
I am planning to call my Mum PA and Dad is still back home. Would it be possible if they get passport request that they can do it separately?? And dad can come later?

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello, the application for my parents' PGP is under progress. It has cleared all security, criminality, medical checks and should be in final stages. Meanwhile, they got approved for a regular visitor visa (not super visa). Now, the question is whether to do a one-way ticket or a return ticket? I would want to do a one-way ticket in case the PGP gets finalized while they are here. But people are suggesting to do a return ticket since its a tourist visa otherwise my parents will face trouble with the immigration officer. Any thoughts are appreciated. My parents have been to Canada and USA before and I and my wife are canadian citizens.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello, the application for my parents' PGP is under progress. It has cleared all security, criminality, medical checks and should be in final stages. Meanwhile, they got approved for a regular visitor visa (not super visa). Now, the question is whether to do a one-way ticket or a return ticket? I would want to do a one-way ticket in case the PGP gets finalized while they are here. But people are suggesting to do a return ticket since its a tourist visa otherwise my parents will face trouble with the immigration officer. Any thoughts are appreciated. My parents have been to Canada and USA before and I and my wife are canadian citizens.
If tourist visa, return tickets are needed... If not, your parents will probably be facing troubles, even send them back to their country.
Be careful.

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
I have a question for people travelling from India. Canada is only accepting covid tests from a laboratory located inside Delhi airport. My parents will be travelling to Delhi from another city to do this test. The test results are provided in 8-10h . Is it allowed to go outside the airport after getting test done? So that they can stay in a hotel and rest? The covid test is at night and flight is next day in the morning. Does anyone know about this?
The lab guys don't care where you go after the test. The rapid test results you can get after 1-2 hours and another one may upto 8 hours.

Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents always bought two way ticket but the officer never asked for their return ticket, they usually ask for how long you will stay and under six month is ok with visitor visa

samxin

Sep 15, 2021
Hi

On Friday I got an email saying successfully received my documents. I uploaded my mum’s divorce Certificate last month. Then I logged in MyCIC account and I saw “profile updated”. And today I logged in again the status changed to “submitted ”. Was that a ghost update? Also I noticed previously background check has been in process since 2019, but now it says “We will send you a message when we start the background check”. What’s going on?

Reactions: mydesire

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On super visa you don't need to have two-way ticket since you are responsible to send them on time. On a visitor visa usually, it is recommended to have two-way ticket. Buy a ticket from an agent who can refund for the one way if they will use only one way. Some agents cab refund you with some deduction for cancellation or date changes. Two-way ticket is not required but recommended.

newton2020

Dec 20, 2020
Dear Senior Members,

My father got his COPR and he has submitted his passport for Visa stamping @ VFS Delhi. I am planning to book his travel as soon as we get his passport back from VFS. I have the following questions with respect to the landing process on his arrival in Canada.

1. What documents he should carry at the time of landing other than a passport and a copy of the COPR document?
2. I believe he needs to declare the list of the items (cash, gold jewelry, any personal items, etc) at the time of landing. Any other items we need to disclose?
3. How early he can apply for an OHIP card? I believe there is a waiting period of 153 days after his arrival in Ontario. He was regularly visiting us from time to time on a visitor visa but I am not sure if those days will be considered for OHIP eligibility?

Thank you for your valuable advice in advance. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the final result.

Thanks, Raj

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
anyone has experience with parents vaccinated with non-approved vaccines coming over recently? are they getting tested again at the airport? has hotel quarantine been lifted and they only require the 14 day quarantine?