+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
I just got the email after submitting webform indicating applicant is here in Canada. Email says visa officer will contact us regarding this. Does anyone know how long does it take and do they call from private - Unknown number?

tracy0831

Sep 16, 2015
I received the passport request letter. Since my mother is in Canada, I’m sending the web form to update her residency. May I know how to submit the photo/ eye color height info through webform? Or is it not required for virtual landing?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
For Permanent Resident visa application from India, I'm finding it difficult to book appointment with VFS office. Can someone please guide me on what kind of appointment I should book?
For VFS India, you cannot book an in-person appointment, you need to use 2-way courier to drop-off the passport for stamping. Good luck.

Kaur13

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Permanent Resident visa application from India, I'm finding it difficult to book appointment with VFS office. Can someone please guide me on what kind of appointment I should book?
You can book the appointment for Biometric request on following link https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin
I was able to rebook today for Oct 12 (Chandigarh) previously it was booked for Dec 09 since there was nothing available prior to that. But I received the email from VFS on Oct 2nd that they added additional spots starting October, so I was able to reschedule earlier. You may need to try every day since it's pretty busy.

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I received the passport request letter. Since my mother is in Canada, I’m sending the web form to update her residency. May I know how to submit the photo/ eye color height info through webform? Or is it not required for virtual landing?
YOu can just add a note when you submit the passport stating the height and eye color. It is a simple letter with her name, application ID and responses to what they have asked for. Good luck!

Kaur13

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can book the appointment type "Biometric Enrolment" on following link https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/Account/RegisteredLogin
I was able to rebook today for Oct 12 (Chandigarh) previously it was booked for Dec 09 since there was nothing available prior to that. But I received the email from VFS on Oct 2nd that they added additional spots starting October, so I was able to reschedule earlier. You may need to try every day since it's pretty busy.

Reactions: dinesh.kumar

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Hello, 14 May 2019 applicant here. So my parents got the remedical in July this year which was cleared in mid-September. They got the medical survilence notice next day and since they are already here on visitor visa, we received the letter from medical clinic for the checkup related to medical survilence.

I have checked the forum, in almost all the cases, these tests are done after applicant lands as a Permanent resident here. But in our case the application is still in process, so we don't have health card. How does it work then? I need to pay for this medical survilence?

tracy0831

Sep 16, 2015
YOu can just add a note when you submit the passport stating the height and eye color. It is a simple letter with her name, application ID and responses to what they have asked for. Good luck!
Thank you for the response! I’m not required to submit the passport since my mother is in Canada. I just found out the answer from other posts saying that she will receive a virtual landing portal access where she can upload her photos. Thank you!

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hello @admin please update Line 643, my parents finally got the visa stamped.

Decision made-Sep 14, Passport request and pre-arrival service letter
Passport stamped: Sep 30

I want to ask if anyone has suggestions for insurance to purchase till their medical cards are made, there is 90 day waiting period :confused: which is so lame. Please advise. Also, does anyone have any experience with what questions/documentation may be required at the port of entry? What happens next?

Thank you all for your kind contributions, advice, suggestions, and listening to each other as we all have waited for a really long time. Special thanks to admins who have been diligently updating the tracker for everyone to follow the progress!!

Looking forward to bring my parents as soon as possible by God's blessings :)!! My best wishes to each and every one of you to soon be reunited with your parents/grandparents.

Reactions: serious_cheese

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM

I want to ask if anyone has suggestions for insurance to purchase till their medical cards are made, there is 90 day waiting period :confused: which is so lame. Please advise. Also, does anyone have any experience with what questions/documentation may be required at the port of entry? What happens next?

Thank you all for your kind contributions, advice, suggestions, and listening to each other as we all have waited for a really long time. Special thanks to admins who have been diligently updating the tracker for everyone to follow the progress!!

Looking forward to bring my parents as soon as possible by God's blessings :)!! My best wishes to each and every one of you to soon be reunited with your parents/grandparents.
Hello,
If you are from Ontario, you don't need to wait for 90 days in order to get a health card. I confirmed with health Ontario, they have waived off this requirement for now.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

In BC, you need to have private insurance for less than three months to cover any medical emergencies.
For example: If they land in end of October, MSP coverage can start on Jan 01, 2021 provided application is made timely.
Following may help:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, 14 May 2019 applicant here. So my parents got the remedical in July this year which was cleared in mid-September. They got the medical survilence notice next day and since they are already here on visitor visa, we received the letter from medical clinic for the checkup related to medical survilence.

I have checked the forum, in almost all the cases, these tests are done after applicant lands as a Permanent resident here. But in our case the application is still in process, so we don't have health card. How does it work then? I need to pay for this medical survilence?
Medical surveliance is free in most of the provinces. In your case ask the clinic if you have to pay. If you have to pay, request them to postpone the appointment after your parents can land.

Reactions: harrygne