+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello team,
Kindly update the sheet.

Medical request - May 31, 2021
Medical complete: Aug 21, 2021 (medical passed)
Biometrics done: Sep 13, 2021

Additional docs requested (Sep 27, 2021)
1. Proof of relationship
2. Travel History
3. Employment history (government employee)
4. PCC

Seniors - please help

Team,
This is the second time I have received request for "Proof of relationship". I have already submitted twice.

1st submission (with application): My Passport + My Education Doc
2nd submission. My education certificates and pan card

The challenge is that my father's middle name on his documents is "Govind" and his name on my documents is "Gobind". I have submitted letter explaining the reason for this difference and how both names are the same in India. I also submitted my Pan card that has correct name of my father (Govind). Even then I received the request of proof of relationship. What could be the reason for this repeat request? What else can I submit?

Can one difference in letter in the name be a big thing?

Also, my father has already completed the medical. I assumed that since he has received medical request, proof of relationship must be satisfied now.

I am a bit concerned now. I have requested GCMS notes but that may take some time to come.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
what office is processing your application? Delhi or Mississauga?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What questions do they ask of parents at the airport? My mom is over 70 and will be traveling alone in the near future. Thanks
I have to ask my parents, as they answered all in their own language. But simple questions such as
- marriage
- depepant

Komarick

Jan 4, 2021
Hi folks,

I've applied to sponsor my Mom 2019 and sent her docs in June 2019. Haven't heard much from CIC until Sept 30, 2021 when we received a letter saying that I met sponsorship eligibility requirements and she can apply for Permanent Residence. I've spent 45 minutes this morning trying to link her paper application on CIC website using application number, UCI number and all other info which I am 100% certain is correct. However the website tells me that the application cannot be found. Tried to call CPC Mississauga and the call drops every time as no representative is available.

Did anyone come across this issue? Were you able to resolve it? How?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi folks,

I've applied to sponsor my Mom 2019 and sent her docs in June 2019. Haven't heard much from CIC until Sept 30, 2021 when we received a letter saying that I met sponsorship eligibility requirements and she can apply for Permanent Residence. I've spent 45 minutes this morning trying to link her paper application on CIC website using application number, UCI number and all other info which I am 100% certain is correct. However the website tells me that the application cannot be found. Tried to call CPC Mississauga and the call drops every time as no representative is available.

Did anyone come across this issue? Were you able to resolve it? How?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Many had to try multiple times. Following may be useful:
Tip-1After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
Tip-2
Tip-3Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
Tip-4In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
Tip-5Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
Tip-6The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. Most likely it work for 4 leaving the number of children. You can also try leaving the field blank.
Tip-7As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I had applied for PGP in June 2019 for parents in India. My parents biometrics and medical was completed in Feb 2020. Re-medical was completed in August 2021. How much time would it take for next steps (DM) ? Did anyone get any progress after re-medical?

salllyyeye

May 16, 2020
Hi all, I applied for my parents in June 2019. Just received an email from IRCC saying they will suspend my sponsorship application. Not sure if anyone has similar situation. My parents applied for PR about 15 years ago and voluntarily gave up their status about 10 years ago. However, IRCC determined the application to give up PR status between 2002-2014 as not legal. So they asked me to submit a new application to apply for a travel document and verify my parents residency status. The issue is my parents didn’t live in Canada for 2 years, so their PR card is expired 10 years ago and my mom is now in Canada coming as a visitor, but the travel document is for people traveling outside of Canada and submit to Visa office abroad. So ai don’t know what to do next. Tried to call IRCC a few times, but it got hanged up every time because no representative available. Anyone know any other way to contact IRCC or any way to get the verification of residency status for inland people?