+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Does anyone know if parents on supervisa need 1 year insurance at the border these days to have 2 year entry or they are not checking it and giving 2 years entry to people on super visa?
I am planning to get 6 months insurance and then extend if PR is not approved by then
Parents were here since Dec 2019 and they just went back hone for 1.5 month.

Vbp86

Aug 17, 2021
We are 11th June 2019 applicant.
Second medical passed on August 31st 2021
Nothing heard back…

Hello Guys,

We are 18th June 2019 Applicant.
First Medical and PCC done April 2020
Second Medical Passed in Aug 2021.
CPC-Mississauga.

After that no update? Anyone in Same situation?

Thanks

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
Hi All, need some advice.

Applied for my mother as the principal applicant with my father as a non-accompanying dependent back in 2019. In 2020, they both had their medicals completed, however, in the past year my father has fallen really sick and is bedridden. We received the request to complete the medical again, but my father cannot get out of bed due to his condition.

Should I ask for an exemption or is that a guaranteed case rejection? I've read other people's post where they mention both parents need to pass the medical exam.

What is your suggestion? How should I approach this?

Thanks.

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
Hi, Today I got a request to submit my parent's police certificate and also to update the background declaration form etc.
My parents are in Canada with us on a super visa since May-2016.

Question: Do they need a police certificate from Canada only or do they also need one from the backhome? getting a police certificate from back home will take 3 -4 months but IRCC has given us only 30 days, thanks.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi, Today I got a request to submit my parent's police certificate and also to update the background declaration form etc.
My parents are in Canada with us on a super visa since May-2016.

Question: Do they need a police certificate from Canada only or do they also need one from the backhome? getting a police certificate from back home will take 3 -4 months but IRCC has given us only 30 days, thanks.
they dont need for canada. they need it for all other countries they have stayed in for more than 6 months

rorai

Nov 9, 2017
hey guys, got a passport request for my parents today who are already in Canada from last couple of years on supervisa. The email says they can landed virtually and we need to update them via web-form. Does someone knows who to send this update? Canada or the office who processed the application. What type of query to use? Do I still need to send the pics/height and eye color info??

Thanks!

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hey guys, got a passport request for my parents today who are already in Canada from last couple of years on supervisa. The email says they can landed virtually and we need to update them via web-form. Does someone knows who to send this update? Canada or the office who processed the application. What type of query to use? Do I still need to send the pics/height and eye color info??

Thanks!
Send IRCC Webform request. You need to send photos.

Reactions: rorai

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019

Thanks!
send the web form to ottawa .(FROM THE PPR LETTER HAVE A LINK FOR WEB FORM.USE THAT ONE TO SEND WEB FORM TO IN SIDE CANADA IRCC )

Reactions: rorai

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Does anyone know if parents on supervisa need 1 year insurance at the border these days to have 2 year entry or they are not checking it and giving 2 years entry to people on super visa?
I am planning to get 6 months insurance and then extend if PR is not approved by then.
It will be their 3rd entry. Parents were here since Dec 2019 and they just went back home for 1.5 month.
Does anyone knows about this?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
They look for 1 year insurance regardless of the number of entries.
My parents got a stamp on their last entry in dec 2019, for stay upto Dec 2021.
Now if on their return, they don’t stamp the passport with a date, their 2 years stay starts from the day they enter, the previous stamp would have become invalid when they left Canada, is that right?