+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hey Everyone, my apologies if this question has been asked and answered before. I am looking for any first hand experiences traveling Delhi to Toronto in Air Canada direct flight for a covid-19 recovered person. The official guidelines say either
1) Produce a negative test from IGI airport genestrings lab - Both RT PCR and Rapid PCR are acceptable I suppose.
2) OR if already recovered, present the covid positive report (14-180 days).

Has anyone travelled here or intends to travel here with option 2 above?

Thanks
Hi
My parents traveled on 27th Sept. First of all they got a covid test done within 72 hours of flight and then at airport they had to get done another test which is supposed to be within 18 hours of flight time. You can get either PCR and Rapid at the airport but PCR test results aren't guaranteed to be on time. So we choose to do the rapid test instead.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Finally got PPR an email from New Delhi Visa office. There was no update on ECAS or my CIC. Any guidance on passport submission will be highly appreciated. Where do we mention the height and colour of eyes? The application is for both my parents so does everything go in one package or will there be two separate envelopes? Do we fill one web form on VFS global’s website or will it be two separate forms? Once the two way courier is booked on VFS’s website, how long do they take to get in touch or pick the passport? Anybody who has gone through the process, kindly shed some light. Thanks in advance

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Finally got PPR an email from New Delhi Visa office. There was no update on ECAS or my CIC. Any guidance on passport submission will be highly appreciated. Where do we mention the height and colour of eyes? The application is for both my parents so does everything go in one package or will there be two separate envelopes? Do we fill one web form on VFS global’s website or will it be two separate forms? Once the two way courier is booked on VFS’s website, how long do they take to get in touch or pick the passport? Anybody who has gone through the process, kindly shed some light. Thanks in advance

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
You are required to make 2 packages. 1 passport= 1 package. I had a similar confusion about height and eye color since VFS instructions said not to put anything other than the passport and the letter. So we did not mention that info. We received our passports today. However, you are free to put that info on a piece of paper and put it separately in each package. Passport was picked up the next day via bluedart and it took 10 business days for it to come back to our new delhi address.

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Hello Fellow Members,

It's raining PPR from NDVO. Just received magical email. It's PPR. I had Decision made on Sep 28 and got PPR today. So relaxed and excited. Thank you all for your support, prayers and support throughout the journey. Wishing you all a good luck and all the best. May God Bless you all.

Thank you All

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Is there a forum where we can find info about arrival in canada for vaccines still not approved by health canada? My parents recd their ppr and will be planning to come by mid-oct from india. They recd covaxine back home which is still under review with health canada. Does anyone have info if they will be allowed to board the flight?

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Is there a forum where we can find info about arrival in canada for vaccines still not approved by health canada? My parents recd their ppr and will be planning to come by mid-oct from india. They recd covaxine back home which is still under review with health canada. Does anyone have info if they will be allowed to board the flight?
they can board the flight, no issues with it. But they will have to do 14 days quarantine.

Reactions: scylla

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
You are required to make 2 packages. 1 passport= 1 package. I had a similar confusion about height and eye color since VFS instructions said not to put anything other than the passport and the letter. So we did not mention that info. We received our passports today. However, you are free to put that info on a piece of paper and put it separately in each package. Passport was picked up the next day via bluedart and it took 10 business days for it to come back to our new delhi address.
Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it. How do we apply with VFS for the pick up? Is there a link on their website or do we have to email them? If you could tell me something about the process that will be really helpful. Thanks

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Hello Fellow Members,

It's raining PPR from NDVO. Just received magical email. It's PPR. I had Decision made on Sep 28 and got PPR today. So relaxed and excited. Thank you all for your support, prayers and support throughout the journey. Wishing you all a good luck and all the best. May God Bless you all.

Thank you All
Congratulations!

Reactions: vs1980

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Congratulations!