+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks!
Oh gosh my BG check still shows "not started yet"... This is so frustrating that they work in such a random and negligent way :(
Don’t worry it could take a couple of days for them to start processing. You will probably see a ghost update on mycic when they start.

#EEC

May 19, 2019
My application status recently added new line in status"medicals have been received"
Any idea at what stage is application at....?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening All,

I have received the invitation today and honestly i wasn't expecting it to come. I applied for it last year as my friend was applying for his parents. I know its late but i have a questions in terms of income requirement. For the year 2018 my income was $66k and i have a family of four. Since i will be applying for my parents visa do i need to consider them in my 2018 income as well which will make my family to 6 or should i only consider them for the 2020 income as i am applying for them in 2021. The only reason i am asking this question is because if i consider my parents in 2018 then i donot meet the income requirement however my income was high in 2019 and 2020 ? what are your thoughts .. do you think it is worth applying as CIC may show some flexibility ?
Yes, you will have to make a family of 6 for 3 consecutive years including 2018. Do not apply if you don't meet the income requirement as your case will be rejected and you then lose your application fee.

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Received 2nd medical request today from London visa office. Original medical was done in Feb 2020. I guess they need another one now. Any data points on how long it takes after 2nd medical for DM and PPR for main applicant?

@serious_cheese @laxsun pls help update tracker.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else.
Tracker updated.
Not much can be said about the timeline but DM2/PPR is happening in short time after second medical pass for many.
Let us be positive.

Reactions: forsaken11

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
Hi All, do you typically receive a second request for PCC before decision made? First one was done in Feb 2020 and just received a request to redo medical,

Thanks.

immigiration1

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Yes, you will have to make a family of 6 for 3 consecutive years including 2018. Do not apply if you don't meet the income requirement as your case will be rejected and you then lose your application fee.
so when you say loosing application fees $75 only or or $550 including the applicant processing fees for each person ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
so when you say loosing application fees $75 only or or $550 including the applicant processing fees for each person ?
Also possible cost for medical, police certificate and other cost to obtain translated documents and mailing/sending documents (could be lower now since it can be done online/email...etc

And possible cost of appeal with lawyer if you want to go down that way as well.

Check the cost yourself.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=fc2

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Received 2nd medical request today from London visa office. Original medical was done in Feb 2020. I guess they need another one now. Any data points on how long it takes after 2nd medical for DM and PPR for main applicant?

@serious_cheese @laxsun pls help update tracker.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else.
From 2nd medical, cases appear to be expedited, approx. 1-3 months generally. So, all the best!

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
If you can accompany them, that would be great. Not sure it if is hard with the Covid situation. I don't think it is necessary.

My parents did not speak English, I just typed out their information on a piece of paper and ask them to give it to the customs officer. Later on when they went into the Immigration office, they were given a document in Vietnamese and they just read and answered questions in their own language.
What questions do they ask of parents at the airport? My mom is over 70 and will be traveling alone in the near future. Thanks

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Only few have received PCC request second time.
i hope eror in the ircc system.me too 2 nd time requested pcc from visa office.i send them old one.
then visa office reply to me its a mistake.they want to send it to us ppr leter.but systen send us pcc requst .this is happen to me last week.next day they send me ppr through my eccount and email.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
I did Biometric on Monday 27th September 2021 and today in myCIC under Biometric it said
Biometrics
  • May 2, 2019 Completed.
Does this update happen for everyone and not sure why there is Random date in front of completed. Any idea??