+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
@laxsun @robertp
Got passport request today :)

Does Anybody know how many days it takes for Delhi office to return stamped passport in current situation, from Ahmedabad.
We are our parents to travel as my wife is expecting in first week of October.

With only 20 - 25 days left for due date, its very confusing (considering direct flights opens on 21st) what to do next

Option 1, send their passport through VFS (not sure how many days it will take it to come back) and once its back book their ticker, which may push their arrival after due date

Option 2, book ticket after September 21st and come here on visitor (hopefully visitors are allowed after 21st), then inform CIC about address change and complete landing virtually

Option 1 may push their arrival and for Option 2 I am not sure if there will be some different treatment for visitors, also need to inform CIC about change

Any help would be appreciated.
Delhi IRCC- took 2 weeks (To sent and receive from Kerala)
Tickets costs are high, but try India-AbuDhabi-Canada. They have rapid PCR test available at AbuDhabi airport (50 USD) if needed.
We received PPR request on August 26
VFS webform filled and payment done on August 26
AWB # Received on August 26
(BlueDart) passports picked-up on August 27 and Delhi VFS received package on Sept 1
Application approved on Sept 9th
Passports Received back on Sept 13th.

Reactions: YRJ

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Congratulations!

Just wondering was there a reason for the second medical? Also, after submitting the first medical, did you see "medical exam passed" in the myCIC account? My parents completed their medicals and it's not showing in the system as "passed medical exam". I just wanted to check if this means that they have passed the medical exam, or that the medical exam results have been uploaded.

many thanks and congratulations again :)
We have the same situation, nothing about medicals submitted on August 2. VO is Mississauga.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when linking application to mycic, what is family number?
me sponsor
dad + mom being sponsored
wife, two kids,
enter 6 or 2?
TIA

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Does it mean, there is no more requirement to do PCR in third country ? Coming through indirect route is not an issue if there is no compulsory stay there.
I am not sure about the requirement to come through 3rd country. But I believe you still need to get testing done in 3rd country in order to come indirectly.

ramko

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
hi folks
My mother ( Father passed away 6 years back) was asked to re-do medicals, which she passed again ( Aug 23)
Yesterday, we got additional documents request.

>>>>>>
Travel history

Birth registration/certificate: Please provide a photocopy of your sponsor's birth certificate clearly
indicating their relationship to you, the Principal Applicant. If you cannot provide this, please provide additional
supporting documents proving your relationship. Any documents are not in English or French must include a
notarized and certified translation with a copy of the original document This must be received at this office by:
2021/10/14
> Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school
certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1) Birth registration/certificate : I do not have birth certificate. Planning to produce my grade 10 certificate + plus affidavits. Hope this will be sufficient.
2) Proof of Relationship: I have Aadhar card, but it has my father's name. Same with my grade 10 cert, which has my father's name . Same with PAN card.

The only documents I have which have my both parents name are : My Indian passport ( i am Canadian citizen now, but I have copies of old Indian passport) , my marriage certificate,

Anyone faced with this situation. Any ideas to deal with it?
Thanks
Ram

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

Im trying to upload my parents PPC through the webform.

It asks for details of the applicant and the enquirer information. I guess in this case, should I fill out my mom's detail as the applicant information and mine in the enquirer information?

Many thanks
Hi,

1. How long did it take to receive the PCC ? My parents got their PCC done (PSK Chandigarh - India) on Sept 13, and I am waiting for their PCC to arrive.
2. Are you also sending the hard copies by mail ?

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
Hello Members,
I am May 10th 2019 applicant for both my parents. Everything was running good before COVID started and we had medical, PCC(2 request) and resume request done. and after that there is no update at all on the file. I have tried contacting them few times and also tried with local MP to get update but nothing is happening. I have submitted web forms too. Seems like my case officer is moved to different department and the whole file is stuck under a pile. do you know what we can do to get attention on the file? My parents medical expired in NOV 2020.

thanks in advance.

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Decision made on parents side this morning but still did not receive any email yet to submit a passport. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to get Passport request after Decision made?

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi,

1. How long did it take to receive the PCC ? My parents got their PCC done (PSK Chandigarh - India) on Sept 13, and I am waiting for their PCC to arrive.
2. Are you also sending the hard copies by mail ?
Hi, I didnt receive a letter just for PPC, but rather I received the letter confirming eligibility for the sponsor. On that letter, they asked to submit a list of documents (including the police certificate) if it wasnt already submitted.

I didnt send it a hard copy, i think you can just email them or send a webform enquiry.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hello Members,
I am May 10th 2019 applicant for both my parents. Everything was running good before COVID started and we had medical, PCC(2 request) and resume request done. and after that there is no update at all on the file. I have tried contacting them few times and also tried with local MP to get update but nothing is happening. I have submitted web forms too. Seems like my case officer is moved to different department and the whole file is stuck under a pile. do you know what we can do to get attention on the file? My parents medical expired in NOV 2020.

thanks in advance.
Oh Gosh that sucks!
I'm May 9 applicant but I received medical and PCC request early this year (for the first time) and my application was stuck for a while in Mississauga. Have you ever requested GCSM notes?
That might be helpful

• Haha
Reactions: amesh and gen_z