+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Hi, seeking help again. I have been asked to submit sponsor's birth certificate which i don't have. I submitted 10th education certificate and expired Indian passport as proof of relationship to my mom. is there any alternate for it? Thanks
You can submit a affidavit stating you don't have a birth certificate.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Moderator

RAIHIKER Line 851,

Can you please update the sheet with following status:

Biometrics Request Date was August 9, 2021 and Completion Date August 17, 2021

Medical Request Date was August 13, 2021 and Medical Results Date September 6, 2021.

Just a question, I have asked my Parents to go ahead and get the Police Clearance Certificate. Will CIC be requesting it get it done ? Should I wait for that ?

Thanks.
Your information is updated in the tracker.
Next time please tag @robertp @serious_cheese @laxsun .
Can you please check your "in process" date from the ecas.
You must have received sponsorship approval (SA) letter stating local visa office that will process your parents' application.
Can you post the date of SA letter here.

Last edited:

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
Hi everyone,
hope all are doing well.

I am looking for advise in my parents case.

1. my parents are waiting for “medical passed” since Nov 2019. Currently not sure if the case is in Mississauga or New Delhi or Ottawa.
2. All necessary documents are already submitted.
3. parents are still in India waiting to hear the decision
4. parents have visitor visa, which will expire in Jan 2022.

When I enquired I get a defaulted message ”Due to COVID there is a delay in decision making… “

since there is no traction on the case, after the direct flight restriction is lifted I am thinking to bring my parents here sometime late November before the visa expires. And later will apply for visa renewal from Canada. Or at least can let IRCC know that parents are in Canada and they can process the file quicker.

i really appreciate if some of your thoughts/inputs are shared, if you were in my situation.

looking forward for responses. TIA.

CCM

Dec 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew - Could you please update row#555 (username: CCM) as follows:

July 26th - Received letter from IRCC to do the second medical and submit Resume for PA.

Aug 3rd - Medicals passed updsated on IRCC site.

Aug 26th - Receiver Pre-arrival services letter & Passport (package) submisson letter

Aug 27th - Submitted to VFS Global (India)

Sep 3rd - Reach Canada High Commission (New Delhi)

Sep 13th - Received the passports back with PR visa stamped

Glad that the long wait has ended and want to thank you ALL for contributing the details along the way. Good luck, everyone!!

The above info is for row-555 (Username: CCM). Cheers!

Reactions: gen_z and laxsun

CCM

Dec 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew - Could you please update row#555 (username: CCM) as follows:

July 26th - Received letter from IRCC to do the second medical and submit Resume for PA.

Aug 26th - Receiver Pre-arrival services letter & Passport (package) submisson letter

Glad that the long wait has ended and want to thank you ALL for contributing the details along the way. Good luck, everyone!!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

Congratulations!

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
how did they send/recived the passports and how long it took after pre arrival letter. thanks
They send passports via VFS Global. My parents received pre-arrival letter with medical & pcc in March 2021 & then received passport request on Aug 20.

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi @aumraiya We also received Biometrics for my mother where the letter was dated Sep 1 2021 but on CIC login it showed that it was sent on Nov 5 2020.
Basically in Nov 2020 that was supposed to be sent but IRCC decided to exempt people from Biometrics as all centers were closed.
However, now centers are open and they have requested biometrics for files that arent processed yet.
So in conclusion, you can give your biometrics now. Our letter says within 30 days so I would assume thats what is the normal timeline.
Hope this helps
Thank you, this helps !

gen_z

May 23, 2018
thats right. you will get the upload section when you move ahead!

Hi, sorry for bugging you again.

There is a field in the webform named 'Consultant ICCRC number', do you know if we have to fill this out? This is not my UCI number, is it?

Many thanks again

gen_z

May 23, 2018

Congratulations!

Just wondering was there a reason for the second medical? Also, after submitting the first medical, did you see "medical exam passed" in the myCIC account? My parents completed their medicals and it's not showing in the system as "passed medical exam". I just wanted to check if this means that they have passed the medical exam, or that the medical exam results have been uploaded.

many thanks and congratulations again :)

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
So, we are in same boat Jittu, we sent pp last week, should be getting it back anytime now.
Correct, i also thought copr is given upon landing. But i guess covid changed everything.
its good though, copr will help with travel if they have travel through Europe and have to obtain transit visa for testing and staying over.
There is no stamp or signature from immigration officer on COPR, so I believe it s not valid until they land in Canada.