+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi everyone, I just received the biometrics instruction letter for my mother's PR. Apparently it was sent out last year but we never received it, so they have sent the same letter again dated November 2020. Can we still use this to do biometrics ? Or we need to have a new instruction letter generated ?
Hi @aumraiya We also received Biometrics for my mother where the letter was dated Sep 1 2021 but on CIC login it showed that it was sent on Nov 5 2020.
Basically in Nov 2020 that was supposed to be sent but IRCC decided to exempt people from Biometrics as all centers were closed.
However, now centers are open and they have requested biometrics for files that arent processed yet.
So in conclusion, you can give your biometrics now. Our letter says within 30 days so I would assume thats what is the normal timeline.
Hope this helps

Reactions: aumraiya

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hello My Friends, I need help in question about details of government service form. I recieved a letter and they are demanding ""Details of Govt Service: You are required to provide a completed Details of Government Service form (enclosed) containing the specifics of your duties in your government position.""
There is no form enclosed. I have been calling cic since 1 week. Everytime they say they will put a request to the office to send you that document.
Anyone knows which this form is "Details of Govt Service" ??? your help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

amity21

Oct 9, 2019
@laxsun @robertp You can update my status as we have received "medical request" as of August 20th which my parent did on 4th Sept. We also received another email on 10th Sept that our processing office is CPC-Mississauga.

Question: Should I scan and upload all previously submitted documents on cic website or only if anything has changed?
Also, do we need to wait for PCC request or is there a Pro-active way to get and submit it (Country: India)

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
can anyone help me with this. My parents got PR card but the portal still shows application is in progress. Any idea why ?
They also didnt receive eCOPR they only received a letter saying you are now permanent residen like virtual landing and requested to submit that letter with photos for PR card, that was completed and PR card was received but the online account still shows application in progress. Not sure why ? Any expert advise please ? Do I need to do anything ? Or call IRCC ? Do I need eCOPR for any reason ?

samxin

Sep 15, 2021
Hi
Need help here:
Today CPC-M asked for below from my mother:

“ Current residential address for yourself and dependent
Question: Do they need a proof, or just a statement to confirm the address of my mother? She is in China, I am in Canada. If they do need a proof, what should I provide? Do I need to translate from Chinese to English, or have it done by a certified translator?
Thank you!

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
@laxsun @robertp
Got passport request today :)

Does Anybody know how many days it takes for Delhi office to return stamped passport in current situation, from Ahmedabad.
We are our parents to travel as my wife is expecting in first week of October.

With only 20 - 25 days left for due date, its very confusing (considering direct flights opens on 21st) what to do next

Option 1, send their passport through VFS (not sure how many days it will take it to come back) and once its back book their ticker, which may push their arrival after due date

Option 2, book ticket after September 21st and come here on visitor (hopefully visitors are allowed after 21st), then inform CIC about address change and complete landing virtually

Option 1 may push their arrival and for Option 2 I am not sure if there will be some different treatment for visitors, also need to inform CIC about change

Any help would be appreciated.
They can come to Canada as visitors, since Sept 9th it doesn't matter. Anyone who is vaccinated can come to Canada. Direct flight ban is a separate issue.

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi
Need help here:
Today CPC-M asked for below from my mother:

“ Current residential address for yourself and dependent
Question: Do they need a proof, or just a statement to confirm the address of my mother? She is in China, I am in Canada. If they do need a proof, what should I provide? Do I need to translate from Chinese to English, or have it done by a certified translator?
Thank you!
I believe you have to update the latest address for PA and dependent with current address, as a statement. I submitted webform for same.
Havent heard back anything after that, its been 7 days.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am stuck at in process since July 12,2021.
File sent June 17,2019. Over 2 years and not even sponsorship approval anyone else is in same position? I got mp to send letter too nothing still. Like literally nothing. How long we gotta wait. No webforms answer either

YRJ

Jun 6, 2015
They can come to Canada as visitors, since Sept 9th it doesn't matter. Anyone who is vaccinated can come to Canada. Direct flight ban is a separate issue.
Does it mean, there is no more requirement to do PCR in third country ? Coming through indirect route is not an issue if there is no compulsory stay there.

samxin

Sep 15, 2021
I believe you have to update the latest address for PA and dependent with current address, as a statement. I submitted webform for same.
Havent heard back anything after that, its been 7 days.
Thank you , I sent them an email to the address indicated on the letter