Oct 13, 2011
Hello @laxsun @robertp

Please update my info on tracker

Username: mubashirathar56
Line: 754
Parents Country of Citizenship: Pakistan
Province: Alberta

2020/04/01 - AOR Letter Received
2020/04/15 - Request to submit fee for Biometric (Visit visa biometric were already there so now they have accepted that but I submitted the fee anyways)
2021/05/21 - Sponsor Eligibility In Process
2021/08/25 - Biometrics Requested for Dependent
2021/09/10 - SA Letter Received
ECAS status for SA: Decision Made
LVO for PR Processing: London :(

PCC was submitted with the application in the beginning so I guess they would ask that again sometime. No Medicals requested so far. In my ECAS, it shows the application was submitted on June 19, 2019 however on my CIC account it shows it was submitted in May 2020.

Also on ECAS it says we started processing your application on 21st May, 2021. Can anyone please tell me what are the next steps from here and how long should I expect before the case is finalized? do they do similar background check processing times for parents as Spouses? because my spouse took like 1 year just for bgc :(

Thank you guys for maintaining this excellent forum!

Last edited:

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp
Got an email from New Delhi cic for my dad to do further medical test. He has scheduled appointment to do it tomorrow.
Hi, was wondering what is the reason for the 2nd medical test? Did you see "passed medical test" after the 1st medical test?

My parents medical test has been uploaded, and it says "passed medical test", Im wondering if that means that they have passed the medical test, or if the medical test has just been uploaded?

Many thanks

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi, I have a similar situation here. My parents passport will expire soon, they will need to renew their passports.

Were you successful in submitting your passports through the webform? How do you know if they have received it?

Many thanks
Yes you can submit the webform, they sent an acknowledgement email a couple of days later confirming they've received the new passport copies.

Reactions: gen_z

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Have you tried logging in using an incognito tab? You can also try using different browsers, chrome, firefox or safari?
I have tried using all browsers, clearing the browsing data, cookies, but it still keeps looping back to language selection :(
Did anyone get two consecutive messages for passport requests? I got another message that there is another message waiting for me just now but again can't open the website :rolleyes: not even on the phone :rolleyes:

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hello prontissimo,

Sorry for the delay in response. I agree with you on the timeline, the sooner the better. I would submit the documents as a Sponsor.

I do have some question on the required documents. I have the extract from the letter and my questions/ thoughts in line:

Requirements for Processing

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family
members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as
possible:
Updated residential address: - Principal Applicant is my mom and she is in India. So will this be her Indian address?
Immigration Medical Examination: She completed her medicals on Sep 03rd. The ecas is not updated. Should I send a receipt for medicals from the hospital as proof of medical completed?
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): Already submitted originally when application was submitted. Not sure what to do here.
Passport/Travel Document: Will attach copy of passport again.
Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant): Already submitted Birth certificate earlier. Will submit it again.
 Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law
Partner)
: Not Applicable in my case

 If previously married or widowed, your relative and their dependant family
member (if applicable) must provide a legal divorce or death certificate as proof of
dissolution for all previous marriages.
- Will share again.

 Biometrics (if applicable): Completed on Aug 17th.
Police Certificate: Will request one and submit. This is a new request.
Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562): Submitted earlier, will resubmit.
Details of Military Service – IMM 5546 (if applicable): Not Applicable
CV/Resume: Never heard about this before. She is retired and above 65 years of age. Will draft one for their requirement.

Is there anything I am missing or should consider please advise.
Hi Sid,

Wow - your list of requested documents looks nearly identical to mine. I will double check tonight and get back here if anything is different. But at first glance, everything you listed above is asked in my SA letter, too.

If you're planning to submit as the Sponsor, will you submit it via Webform?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Hi Sid,

Wow - your list of requested documents looks nearly identical to mine. I will double check tonight and get back here if anything is different. But at first glance, everything you listed above is asked in my SA letter, too.

Hi prontissimo,

Seems they have a standard format here which they sent as a part of SA approval letter. On a side note, I am thinking to send the documents through both the web form and email too such that they recieve it one way or the other.

Yes, whenever you get a chance, if we can compare notes before sending the documents, that shall be great.

Reactions: prontissimo

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
can anyone help me with this. My parents got PR card but the portal still shows application is in progress. Any idea why ?
They also didnt receive eCOPR they only received a letter saying you are now permanent residen like virtual landing and requested to submit that letter with photos for PR card, that was completed and PR card was received but the online account still shows application in progress. Not sure why ? Any expert advise please ? Do I need to do anything ? Or call IRCC ? Do I need eCOPR for any reason ?

Thanks,

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I had the same issue before. You can try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser, this should reset it. Alternatively, you can try logging in through an incognito window, that should also resolve this issue.
Neither of these work on any computer or mobile device I used. Once in awhile I’m able to get it to work.

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Good morning, we received the email requesting to submit PCC and medical for my parents, and they only gave us 30 days. I have sent emails and web forms requesting more time and haven't heard from them. Should I be worry, how long do they actually take to answer back? There is no way my parents can have their PCC or my dad his medical done before the dead line. Thank you so much.

texmex2020

Sep 16, 2020
Hi, seeking help again. I have been asked to submit sponsor's birth certificate which i don't have. I submitted 10th education certificate and expired Indian passport as proof of relationship to my mom. is there any alternate for it? Thanks

farshid55

Jul 4, 2019
Hi Sid,

Hi there,
Please review the request email once more. This email is generic email, send out when they are accepting the sponsor eligibility and does not means you have to submit any documents. look at the email subject, I think it has (SPR eligibility Decision Letter #"Application number") at the end of subject. This email is just for information and does not requires any document for now. You have to be prepared for when they will ask in future. and yet if you go to your linked account you can not even upload any documents as it is not requested. Sit tight for now and wait. ;)