+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deep90

Feb 13, 2015
Hello Everyone,

We are PGP (June 2019) Applicants . Our file was at CPC-M for two years.
Got letter in August 3rd week (2021) that file is moved to NDVO because parents are currently in India .

Biometrics are Completed
Medicals are Completed
PCCs are Completed

Sponsorship status - Decision Made (for almost 1.5 years) now.

But today status of Permanent resident changed form "in process" to "Application received".

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Please advise!

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
yes, BlueDart-DHL courier service picked up my parent's passports yesterday (Saturday Evening Indian time). Just followed the instructions in the Information letter we received form IRCC- I went to https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and requested/registered passport pick-up drop/ (2 way courier). They sent confirmation emails when we register (Had to register separately for each person), then received emails with payment link, I paid (approx.. 1700 INR each) then received AWB (Air Way Bill #s). For safe side, we have updated using webform stating that we are using VFS service. Packed passports and other requested docs. Only took less than a day for requesting, payment and package pick-ups. They are sending to Bengluru VFS, asked for the name the VFS office where we did bio-metric, that is Bengluru. So, I believe we have to use same VFS office where we did biometrics. Had to send separate packages for each person .For my case, shipped 2 separate packages, one for my father and another for mother.
Fill the Fill webform , you will get a confirmation email first (will take few hours). Then another email with a payment link. Once your payment is done, will get another email with an AWB (Air Way Bill #) & instructions, then BlueDart-DHL courier service will call you to confirm pick-up. Our case, VFS-Bengaluru, I assume we are sending passports to same office where we did biometric. Only took less than a day to fill the weform, payment and pick-up.

Docs we sent
1. Original Passport
2. PPR Request letter (Information Letter)
3. PR Photos (If requested only, my case they requested)
4. VFS Consent form (Check the instructions in the email confirmation with AWB #)
5. SMS/Courier return from (Check the instructions in the email confirmation with AWB #)
6. Covering letter (I just draft one, not mandatory)
Hi @jittujobyjohn_1985

I also just got PPR for my mom. VO is CPC-M and she's in Delhi. Your instructions for sending passport are very helpful, thank you kindly.

What did you send for "The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant"?

Did your parents receive the passports back with the visa?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: jittujobyjohn_1985

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
It took 10-12 days for my parents
thanks, and then you upload on cic account or webform ?
Also I have 2 questions about the visit -
1. What all documents to carry ? (I know passport. adhaar please let me know if anything more needed)
2. They are fully vaccinated - do they need to take covid19 negative report (PSK Chandigarh).

Much appreciated

HP_CAN

Feb 17, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Seeking your advise. My parents are planning to come to Canada next month via UK. Do they need to take Covid test in UK as well as India? Please advise. Thanks

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Is anyone received a request to submit a voter ID card and Aadhar Card from CPC-M ?
Yes, we got a request to submit my parents voter ID and Aadhar card as part of additional documents request. It was mentioned as documents needed for proof of marriage.

Reactions: skFSW

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Thank you for your response. Did they requested any other document after that from you?
Np :) !
In the same request, we were asked to submit "Proof of address" and PCC for both Mom and Dad - this was on Jul 19th 2021.
After that we got a Biometrics request on Aug 25th.

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone, do any of you know what's the process after the Medical exam for the PGP applicants? My parents had their medical request on Sep 3 and they've already taken it. Anyone know what'd be the next steps? Will they need the Police Clearance certificate?

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Is anyone received a request to submit a voter ID card and Aadhar Card from CPC-M ?
yes i received for parents as well as sponsor on aug 25. We have provided the marriage certificate and birth certtificate with the application but still they requested. Look like it's time pass for them

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
Hi, Want to ask a quick question.. I want my parents to visit me in November from Pakistan.. They got sinopharm covid vaccine.. Which I don't think Canada accepts it.. So will they be allowed to enter Canada? Do they need to stay in hotel for quarantine? I have a finished basement with seperate entrance.. Will they be allowed to stay in our basement? Thank you in advance
Hotel stay rule has been scrapped. Your parents can visit you even with Sinopharm and quarantine in your basement.