+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Please update tracker in line 812:
IME request Aug 16, 2021

How can I find which office is reviewing my application.?
They mention the VO in sponsor approval letter. If your parents are in Iran, it's Ankara.
What does your background check line say in myCIC account?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Received visa in Aug, no flight is available for August. We booked the first one in Sept
Don’t worry if there are restrictions preventing your parents from flying out in August they will be able to get another COPR for a later date. It would be best for them to try to fly out because a new medical may be required if their COPR expires and they have to apply again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

- 1st Medical request for parents received on 2021-May-14 and completed on 2021-Jun-14
- 2nd Medical request for my mother received on 2021-Jun-16
- Further medical request came on 2021-Aug-14. this is for both the parents

Any idea what they will test in the "Further Medical Request"

Line# 497 @YuliaYulia @robertp

Thanks in advance
Are they aware of certain health issues like heart or kidney disease? If not likely TB and they’ll need to do a sputum culture and repeat x-ray.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don’t worry if there are restrictions preventing your parents from flying out in August they will be able to get another COPR for a later date. It would be best for them to try to fly out because a new medical may be required if their COPR expires and they have to apply again.
Thank you. Yes, we are trying everything we can to fly out, and hopefully, everything will be ok. When you said apply again, you meant medical test retake and submit passport, right? Not the whole sponsoring thing. I hope.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. Yes, we are trying everything we can to fly out, and hopefully, everything will be ok. When you said apply again, you meant medical test retake and submit passport, right? Not the whole sponsoring thing. I hope.
Just repeating the medical if expired and resubmitting passport but the remedial can sometimes be waived depending on their health, age and time since their COPR expired.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

db5234

May 27, 2011
Hello everyone, I am sponsoring my parents. A request was made for police certificates. CIC asked for the original. CIC also provided a link to the webform for us to attach any requested document, but also said to contact the VAC office in Accra to send originals. I'm a bit confused. Do I send the link through the web form only or do I mail a hard copy to the VAC office in Accra or do both? Anyone come across this scenario and can provide some advice? Thanks in advance.
I think you should do both...just to cover all basics. When was your application sent to Accra?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

My PGP application has my mom dad and my brother as applicants. They just received their PCC request today. My brother has already got his invite for PCC under express entry and he got his PCC done a few days back.
My question is if he needs to do PCC again for PGP or he can submit the same one.

TIA