+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Garry! Great to know that, appreciate it! I've provided the medical requests, biometrics and previous set of additional documents several month before, so when I got the pre-arrival service letter, thought I get close to it, but guess still a bit way to go.
Well, it's positive news that they are working on your application. As long as you will provide the required documents on time you should be fine.

Reactions: agyyds

bezman

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,

I sponsored my in-laws from the USA in 2018 and they were approved in 2019. They were set to travel in April 2020 but Covid-19 hit which they couldn't travel because of all the restrictions and uncertainty of the virus. Fast forward to 2021, they were told their medical is extended to August 2021 and they should send their copy of their passport and photos for the new CoPR, and return envelope in May, which they did and it was received. We are still waiting to get the new CoPR. We have reached out to our MP and even for them they got different answers. Does anyone know what else we can do? Does getting a lawyer help? Everybody is in limbo...

vic20

May 17, 2019
@laxsun @robertp @serious_cheese

An update - but not very favourable sadly :(:(
Line 567
Received Procedural Fairness Letter on August 5th 2021 . This is relating to my father ( my mother is principal applicant )
Reasons given - Possible Medical inadmissibility - Excessive Medical demands . - Kidney Disease
File Transferred to Niagara Visa office ( was previously in Pretoria )

We were given 90 days to respond - which is alot longer than the usual 30 days - I assume due to Covid ?

I was expecting this , but hoping for a better result from medical ( wishful thinking )

I will be talking to an immigration lawyer this week .
I just haven't decided who yet .

Sukhsehj50

Mar 21, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
05-07-2010 Real in Process 18-01-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Submitted alongwith initial app.
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
25-01-2013 (bulk mail not received)
Med's Done....
5th June, 2013
Interview........
Probably waived with grace of Waheguru
Passport Req..
Passport & other documents sent on 5th June,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 13th September, 2013 PPT received by my consultant on 19th September,2013
LANDED..........
10th November, 2013
HI everyone,
I also need to apply expression of "INTEREST TO SPONSOR" my parents during this year 2021. I am disappointed to understand that this year during 2021 no new applications are being called from eligible applicants. Can you please clarify on the following issues?

1) Is is true that quota for 2020 draw has been increased from 10000 to 40000 (additional 30000).

2) Is this implies that the draw being taken out of 2020 applicants pool will be 40000?

3) When expression of "INTEREST TO SPONSOR" for eligible applicants for the year 2021 will be called?

Shall be thankful.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI everyone,
I also need to apply expression of "INTEREST TO SPONSOR" my parents during this year 2021. I am disappointed to understand that this year during 2021 no new applications are being called from eligible applicants. Can you please clarify on the following issues?

1) Is is true that quota for 2020 draw has been increased from 10000 to 40000 (additional 30000).

2) Is this implies that the draw being taken out of 2020 applicants pool will be 40000?

3) When expression of "INTEREST TO SPONSOR" for eligible applicants for the year 2021 will be called?

Shall be thankful.
1) IRCC aims to receive up to 40,000 complete applications in 2021—10,000 from the 2020 intake process and 30,000 from 2021.IRCC invites more people to apply than the number of applications we aim to receive because not all sponsors who are invited to apply submit an application.

2) This is going to be a new pool but the people who already submitted. If you were able to submit the interest to sponsor form in 2020, you saw a page with a confirmation number. We asked you to write down this number so you can use it later.

We also sent you an email with the confirmation number to let you know we got your form. Once we send out invitations, you can use it to check if you’ve been invited to apply to the 2021 program.

3) Date will be announced soon for new applicants. Invitations to apply will be sent over the course of 2 weeks, starting the week of September 20, 2021.
Source
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
hi everyone! can someone please share your experience with Covid 10 isolation for parents when they land here in BC? I have 2 options here
1- Rent a place for 14 days and deliver food to my parents everyday
2- My parents can quarantine with us at home where they have their own washroom and own room. We supply food. We live in a townhouse.

Please let me know if option 2 is also allowed in BC.

Thanks,
My parent stayed with me on basement with own washroom. Food put at frontdoor.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

BeingRamy

Jun 20, 2019
Does anyone know whether the IME expires after 30 days deadline listed on the medical instruction form. The medical exam form for my parents said have medical done by August 8 but due to Covid, earliest appointment they got was August 9th. they were able to get the medical exam done but i am worried if IRCC will get it or not ?What if their IME number is expired after 30 days? Anyone had experience with this?

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi everyone, Please Please Please help if you have any information that might help me.
My application was received by CIC on May 14, 2019 and they started processing my application September 4, 2019. Since then, I have not received any further progress on my application status. Based on notes on my file as of today, I am “In process”, no further action is currently required on my end, no additional documents have been requested as well.
Even my eligibility has not been approved. I am eligible based on all requirements.
I don't understand why that might have happened and how to follow up.
I followed up with 2 MPs in my area and they just confirmed all the above. Though did not give me any further updates or reasons.
I highly appreciate your time.
Were you sponsored or did you sponsor anyone in the past?

konnichiwa12

Jan 2, 2018
@laxsun @robertp @serious_cheese please update on parents application:
Just received email today that they now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. Parents in Canada right now under supervisa. Can someone advise what's the next step for PR request? Police clearance, bio were all done a few months ago.

Is Call for virtual landing next step? But for parent already here, are they rather asked to send the passport to somewhere here in Canada? Curious about what's the next step.
Ecas say In Process. Application location: Delhi.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
1) IRCC aims to receive up to 40,000 complete applications in 2021—10,000 from the 2020 intake process and 30,000 from 2021.IRCC invites more people to apply than the number of applications we aim to receive because not all sponsors who are invited to apply submit an application.

2) This is going to be a new pool but the people who already submited.If you were able to submit your interest to sponsor form in 2020

If you were able to submit the interest to sponsor form in 2020, you saw a page with a confirmation number. We asked you to write down this number so you can use it later.

We also sent you an email with the confirmation number to let you know we got your form. Once we send out invitations, you can use it to check if you’ve been invited to apply to the 2021 program.

3) Date will be announced soon for new applicants. Invitations to apply will be sent over the course of 2 weeks, starting the week of September 20, 2021.
Source
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html
My understanding is that they will not open the form in 2021.

The 2020 interest to sponsor form is now closed
The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is filling out the interest to sponsor form. The form was available:

• from noon EDT on October 13, 2020
  • to noon EST on November 3, 2020
The form is now closed and will stay closed.

The steps to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents are a bit different for the 2021 process. We’ll invite enough people from the remaining 2020 pool of potential sponsors with the goal of accepting 30,000 new applications. We won’t open a new interest to sponsor form in 2021.

If you were able to submit your interest to sponsor form in 2020
If you were able to submit the interest to sponsor form in 2020, you saw a page with a confirmation number. We asked you to write down this number so you can use it later.

• Sad
Reactions: nguyentu2001

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun @robertp @serious_cheese please update on parents application:
Just received email today that they now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. Parents in Canada right now under supervisa. Can someone advise what's the next step for PR request? Police clearance, bio were all done a few months ago.

Is Call for virtual landing next step? But for parent already here, are they rather asked to send the passport to somewhere here in Canada? Curious about what's the next step.
Ecas say In Process. Application location: Delhi.

Thanks.
Wait for your parents' medical to be passed. Keep checking ecas

Reactions: konnichiwa12

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
Hello,
Was anybody asked to send following information? It is first ever I saw this, I had already attached marriage certificate for my parents with application.

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar
and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship. This
must be received at this office by: 2021/08/15.