+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
They didn't ask for medical. It says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
What’s your sponsorship status? Have you received approval for it? If not, you are not going to see much progress in permanent residency application and your application will stay in Mississauga office.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
What’s your sponsorship status? Have you received approval for it? If not, you are not going to see much progress in permanent residency application and your application will stay in Mississauga office.
My eligibility is in process. My eligibility has not been approved yet. Means even the first step has not been done.
The latest letter I received was the AOR which said your application to sponsor was accepted.
Is there anything, like a letter or form that I can send to get some answer?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
My eligibility is in process. My eligibility has not been approved yet. Means even the first step has not been done.
The latest letter I received was the AOR which said your application to sponsor was accepted.
Is there anything, like a letter or form that I can send to get some answer?
You can either try sending a webform or ordering gcmc notes since you already tried your MPs.

renukavasanth

Nov 3, 2019
Hi
Usually when parents have a valid biometric they don't ask for a new one. Did your mother complete biometric for her visitor visa and dose the biometric valid ?
No, my mom did not do biometric for Visitor Visa. But she did medical twice this year for Visitor Visa.
We received Biometric letter for PR Application and completed, It is valid for 10yrs.

Best Regards
RenukaVasanth.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For BC health card, you need to fill up the application form that needs a copy of COPR. It is online form and your parents will receive a letter to go to ICBC to take photos after few weeks.
For SIN, you need to get appointment with Service Canada.
Both are easy process-wise but sometimes the first one needs time as PR card has to come before your go to ICBC.
Thank you very much!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone! can someone please share your experience with Covid 10 isolation for parents when they land here in BC? I have 2 options here
1- Rent a place for 14 days and deliver food to my parents everyday
2- My parents can quarantine with us at home where they have their own washroom and own room. We supply food. We live in a townhouse.

Please let me know if option 2 is also allowed in BC.

Thanks,

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hi everyone! can someone please share your experience with Covid 10 isolation for parents when they land here in BC? I have 2 options here
1- Rent a place for 14 days and deliver food to my parents everyday
2- My parents can quarantine with us at home where they have their own washroom and own room. We supply food. We live in a townhouse.

Please let me know if option 2 is also allowed in BC.

Thanks,
According to Federal entry requirements https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation?_ga=2.80492436.269977603.1628388627-1072865868.1626296871&_gac=1.208390694.1628040333.EAIaIQobChMIvozw5ZqW8gIVBPjICh2riAC8EAAYASAAEgILivD_BwE
Option 2 seems to apply

If someone can confirm.

While in quarantine
  • Do not leave your place of quarantine unless it is for a medical emergency, an essential medical service or treatment, to obtain a COVID-19 molecular test, or it is pre-authorized by a Quarantine Officer
  • Use only private outdoor spaces (i.e. balcony)
  • Do not have any visits from family or guests
  • Do not use shared spaces such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms or pools
Quarantining with others in the same household
Mandatory quarantine only applies to travellers who have entered Canada.

Travellers who are under quarantine must avoid contact with anyone they did not travel with:

• stay in separate rooms
  • use separate bathrooms (if possible)
  • keep surfaces clean
  • avoid sharing personal items
  • limit interactions with others in the household
Co-habitants should also follow the guidance of their local public health authorities.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Federal entry requirements https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation?_ga=2.80492436.269977603.1628388627-1072865868.1626296871&_gac=1.208390694.1628040333.EAIaIQobChMIvozw5ZqW8gIVBPjICh2riAC8EAAYASAAEgILivD_BwE
Option 2 seems to apply

If someone can confirm.

While in quarantine
  • Do not leave your place of quarantine unless it is for a medical emergency, an essential medical service or treatment, to obtain a COVID-19 molecular test, or it is pre-authorized by a Quarantine Officer
  • Use only private outdoor spaces (i.e. balcony)
  • Do not have any visits from family or guests
  • Do not use shared spaces such as lobbies, courtyards, restaurants, gyms or pools
Quarantining with others in the same household
Mandatory quarantine only applies to travellers who have entered Canada.

Travellers who are under quarantine must avoid contact with anyone they did not travel with:

• stay in separate rooms
  • use separate bathrooms (if possible)
  • keep surfaces clean
  • avoid sharing personal items
  • limit interactions with others in the household
Co-habitants should also follow the guidance of their local public health authorities.
I think so, too. Just wanted to see if anyone has similar experience.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Hi everyone. If anyone has recently sent documents to VFS Delhi please can you let me know if both parents passports are sent in one package? Or is it two packages?
Also at what address is this mail addressed to?

Thank you.

agyyds

Aug 8, 2021
Hi Everyone! I applied for my parents for the PGP around June 2021, in end of July I received the Pre-arrival service letter, however, recently I got emails from CIC to ask for additional documents for IMM5562 and IMM5669 (I have submitted them before), is this normal?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone! I applied for my parents for the PGP around June 2021, in end of July I received the Pre-arrival service letter, however, recently I got emails from CIC to ask for additional documents for IMM5562 and IMM5669 (I have submitted them before), is this normal?
Most people are in the same boat when they expected a passport request after Pre-arrival service letter but IRCC asked for some additional documents such as Travel History or Residency History. Some have received medical requests and biometrics.

agyyds

Aug 8, 2021
Most people are in the same boat when they expected a passport request after Pre-arrival service letter but IRCC asked for some additional documents such as Travel History or Residency History. Some have received medical requests and biometrics.
Thanks Garry! Great to know that, appreciate it! I've provided the medical requests, biometrics and previous set of additional documents several month before, so when I got the pre-arrival service letter, thought I get close to it, but guess still a bit way to go.