+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Can someone please share with me the process of getting BC health card and SIN number once parents land in Canada? Thanks.
For BC health card, you need to fill up the application form that needs a copy of COPR. It is online form and your parents will receive a letter to go to ICBC to take photos after few weeks.
For SIN, you need to get appointment with Service Canada.
Both are easy process-wise but sometimes the first one needs time as PR card has to come before your go to ICBC.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all, please update Line638 in the tracker. re-medical request Jul 11, 2021, Medical Pass Jul 29.

Really hope that is it and now keenly waiting for the good news to get the golden pass to reunite with our parents!!!
The medical pass date is Mar 13, 2020 in the tracker. Is that true?
What is the country of your parents citizenship to put in the tracker?

tcinto

Jul 28, 2021
I got email to redo my mom's biometric yesterday due to poor quality. We went today but they can't get better finger prints. Does anybody else know about similar situation? She is in Canada on visitor visa and first one was also done in Canada.i hope this doesn't cause any issue with her eligibility to get approves
When I was applying for permanent residency, I had to go back 3 times for fingerprints. Turns out I have very faint whorls, so the prints never got any better. After the third try, I think CIS just decided to go based on what they had. There might have been a slight delay, but the approval came through.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when you check ecase, who's account do you use?
I have been using my parent's name and number, but today, I logged in with my account for the first time and it say DM
on my parents account does not have DM. only "in process"...
I don't know when I got DM, since I never received any notification.
What does DM mean? how do I know if it's approved or not?
It doesn't give me much info

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on June 21, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on March 12, 2020.

what is next step?

thank you

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when you check ecase, who's account do you use?
I have been using my parent's name and number, but today, I logged in with my account for the first time and it say DM
on my parents account does not have DM. only "in process"...
I don't know when I got DM, since I never received any notification.
What does DM mean? how do I know if it's approved or not?
It doesn't give me much info

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on June 21, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on March 12, 2020.

what is next step?

thank you
For me after a week of DM this line added.
3. We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2021 about the decision on your application.

However still not received anything and contacted 5 times and I was told wait at least 4 weeks from july 06 then contact again and request another one to be sent.

Its so frustrating that for any reason they mailed it instead of email.
We leave 30 min from Mississauga and never recieved the SA letter
Why every single step of the process take so long... even easy step such as mailing get complicated and follow up is required...

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
My cic changed to We are processing your background check after medicals were passed on july 19,2021 . What does this means.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone, Please Please Please help if you have any information that might help me.
My application was received by CIC on May 14, 2019 and they started processing my application September 4, 2019. Since then, I have not received any further progress on my application status. Based on notes on my file as of today, I am “In process”, no further action is currently required on my end, no additional documents have been requested as well.
Even my eligibility has not been approved. I am eligible based on all requirements.
I don't understand why that might have happened and how to follow up.
I followed up with 2 MPs in my area and they just confirmed all the above. Though did not give me any further updates or reasons.
I highly appreciate your time.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Hi everyone, Please Please Please help if you have any information that might help me.
My application was received by CIC on May 14, 2019 and they started processing my application September 4, 2019. Since then, I have not received any further progress on my application status. Based on notes on my file as of today, I am “In process”, no further action is currently required on my end, no additional documents have been requested as well.
Even my eligibility has not been approved. I am eligible based on all requirements.
I followed up with 2 MPs in my area and they just confirmed all the above. Though did not give me any further updates or reasons.
What does your background check says in cic !

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Zahra
Are you an Iranian applicant? If so, do you know if your application has been transferred to Ankara?
I'm May 9 applicant and got sponsorship approval in October 2020 and my file was transferred to Ankara in November. My parents submitted Medical and PCC in February and June 2021.
I have followed up with my MP (Richmond Hill) and he was actually helpful at the beginning as my application was stuck for almost a year and I think his follow up helped to move it.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
Hi Zahra
Are you an Iranian applicant? If so, do you know if your application has been transferred to Ankara?
I'm May 9 applicant and got sponsorship approval in October 2020 and my file was transferred to Ankara in November. My parents submitted Medical and PCC in February and June 2021.
I have followed up with my MP (Richmond Hill) and he was actually helpful at the beginning as my application was stuck for almost a year and I think his follow up helped to move it.
Hi Roya,
Yes I am Iranian. I don't know if my application has been transferred to Ankara or not. My MP did not mention this. The office I sent my documents to was the Mississauga office. Thanks for your response, I will definitely ask about that.

The main issue is that even my eligibility step has not been reviewed yet :(

eyerish

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,
Visa office -Delhi India
My mother for medical request along with some Additional document request on 07/26/2021.
Bio metrics done :02/12/2021.
PCC appointment pending :08/14/2021.
They asked for her 10th and 12th marksheets and copy of my Indian passport.
I am Canadian citizen now but I will submit my suspended Indian passport as I am OCI holder.
my mom did her medical and doctor gave her paper to submit online.
I will submit that and all other Documents which they asked but I was not able to connect her file on my cic -GC login so how I can send this documents ? Do I need to mail them to Delhi office or I can submit via webform ?