amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I have a similar timeline as you; I called the CIC Call Centre this morning for very similar questions, as it was already passing the "20-24 months" timeline. The "in process" date most likely was when they started to evaluate the sponsorship eligibility. It has been "in process" for just about a month for me now, and the call centre agent advised me that it would take about two months for me to get the sponsorship approval, but it could get even faster as more CIC employees now are back to work. The agent further addressed that after that, the Sponsorship Approval letter (SA, or Decision Made #1 / DM1) would be sent both electronically and via mail to both us and our parents. After the SA/DM1, the file would then be transferred to each local office. The rest of the process would then start concerning the applicants, i.e. our parents, for their background checks, medical exams, etc. The agent that answered my call today was very friendly and forthcoming, but understandably that he could only reveal what was already there.

Since submitting my application in 2019-6, it went quiet for just more than a year, until the AOR arrived in 2020-9. Ever since then, it has been quiet again, until the recent "in process" notion seen on ECAS. The PGP programme, particularly if parents are currently not in Canada, likely has the lowest priority. There is not much we can do other than waiting for the approvals.

Best wishes.
This helps but sponsorship eligibility has not even started yet. This is so upsetting

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hi All,
June 17 applicant. File shows in progress, still waiting for Biometrics and medical request!
Asked twice about the file status but got same generic reply back that "We have received the required documents and nothing else is required at this stage. Processing is slow due to COVID."

How many are on the same boat ? Please advise

Do we know application in progress by date ?
I am nothing other than AOR

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Don't count on days, it'll drive you nuts. Every case is different.

My mom had her 2nd ME done at the end of April and she received pre-arrival letter and PPR just last week, so almost 3 months apart.

60 days and counting here... :( not even DM2

Reactions: ColinZeal

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
@laxsun For User rax7187 #2 in Tracker - PGP 2019 for Parents In Laws. Visa Office NDVO.

- Decision Made since March 2020
- Requested in January 2021 for Update
- In February 2021 request for re-medical
- In March 2021 re- medical done
- In April 2021 - re-medical passed.
- Got Request for PPR on May 27, 2021
- Informed after two week that due to Lock Down and VFS closure passport can't be sent.
- Got extension till 28th August 2021 to submit passport.
- VFS sent email a week before 7th July 2021 to submit passport and sent two way courier link.
- Submitted both passport on 14th July 2021
- Passport received by VFS India Delhi on 15th July 2021
- Passport stamped on 22nd July 2021
- Passport received of dependant on 31st July 2021. waiting for status update on CIC as well as weird that principal applicant passport is not stamped yet.

but finally after 2 year and 2 months wait is over.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys... I just realized that I never noted my mother's maiden name in the original application. Its been such a long time she used her maiden name that I never gave it much thought. As I was applying for her supervisa and going through the forms again, I realized that it is required.

Can I advise IRCC through webform? Would it impact my sponsorship application?

Note that we never noted it in previous applications as well - simply because of an oversight.

very concerned about this - kindly advise.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hello Friends,
hope every one is doin fine and waiting for next steps in Parents PR process. In the month of April I received an request for PCC and Supplement travel information which my parents completed but as per original request letter , I email all the documents to NDVO rather than upload on ircc online account , but Today when I login into my IRCC online account , I saw documents upload section shows overdue notice for documents to upload

Can some knows or advise , what should I do now in this situation ? @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-03-2017 - Travel History IMM5562E
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2016; Med's passed - 23-03-2017
Hey guys... I just realized that I never noted my mother's maiden name in the original application. Its been such a long time she used her maiden name that I never gave it much thought. As I was applying for her supervisa and going through the forms again, I realized that it is required.

Can I advise IRCC through webform? Would it impact my sponsorship application?

Note that we never noted it in previous applications as well - simply because of an oversight.

very concerned about this - kindly advise.
I strongly recommend you to consult an Immigration Lawyer in Canada for this query.

takinghits16

Apr 12, 2015
Can anyone clarify if this how much sponsorship fee I should be paying for the following:

Parent- $1050
Spouse-$1050
Dependent under 18- $150
Dependent under 18- $150
Dependent under 18- $150
Biometrics fees- $170

Total= $2720

So far I have paid them $2800.

However i got a request to pay RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee with no clarification from the embassy. The only item i can think is one of the dependents turned 18 a couple months ago but not sure how this affects the potential fee? Is there something i am missing?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I strongly recommend you to consult an Immigration Lawyer in Canada for this query.
The immigration consultant advised to just sent a webform notice. I never paid attention to it as it had noted nickname, alias etc. completely missed maiden name there.

My mother must have used it 41 years ago i.e. before marriage, however all official documents (passport, birth certificate etc.) has no mention of it. Hence it never came to mind. The name in the application matches exactly with the official documents.

Happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this or if anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: mjadawala

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
The immigration consultant advised to just sent a webform notice. I never paid attention to it as it had noted nickname, alias etc. completely missed maiden name there.

My mother must have used it 41 years ago i.e. before marriage, however all official documents (passport, birth certificate etc.) has no mention of it. Hence it never came to mind. The name in the application matches exactly with the official documents.

Happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this or if anyone else experienced this?
Just send a webform explaining the situation. I don’t think it should be an issue.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Just send a webform explaining the situation. I don’t think it should be an issue.
Thank you. Yes, thats what the immigration consultant told me - to inform them that I need to add pre-marital name.

Also, upon another review of the documents I submitted back in 2019, it included my parents Marriage Certificate (as a supporting document) which had my mother's maiden name. Its just that I simply missed adding it in the IMM form. I suspect having that Marriage Certificate is as part of original submission is a good thing in a way to underscore that I never meant to withhold any information.

Happy to hear anyone else's opinion.

As always, thank you to this helpful community.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Friends,
hope every one is doin fine and waiting for next steps in Parents PR process. In the month of April I received an request for PCC and Supplement travel information which my parents completed but as per original request letter , I email all the documents to NDVO rather than upload on ircc online account , but Today when I login into my IRCC online account , I saw documents upload section shows overdue notice for documents to upload

Can some knows or advise , what should I do now in this situation ? @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese
If you upload the scan copies now, that should be fine for peace of your mind.
NDVO must have received your documents already as they have just opened up, it may take some time for them to respond.

Reactions: migratecanada2012

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Thank you. Yes, thats what the immigration consultant told me - to inform them that I need to add pre-marital name.

Also, upon another review of the documents I submitted back in 2019, it included my parents Marriage Certificate (as a supporting document) which had my mother's maiden name. Its just that I simply missed adding it in the IMM form. I suspect having that Marriage Certificate is as part of original submission is a good thing in a way to underscore that I never meant to withhold any information.

Happy to hear anyone else's opinion.

As always, thank you to this helpful community.
I have a completely opposite situation as you. I‘m one of the parents was also under the PGP 2019 sponsorship. My application was under my maiden name and marriage name according to the passport during our submission. Apparently my marriage name with a newly given name(name change with legal deed poll done about 38 years ago) was in bracket on my passport issued by my home country. In my home country, all married name is considered an alias and therefore cannot replace the principle/maiden name. So the principle/maiden name will be printed as usual in the new passport - the married name will appear in parentheses below the principle name.

When my PR application was completed, the COPR was issued under my maiden name without my married name followed by the PR card. I couldn’t get a health card and driving license in British Columbia because my name on the PR card and COPR do not match both names on my passport. So to resolve the complexity of my case, I have to do another legal name change with British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency as my deed poll in my home country is not acceptable. Then I have to apply for a replacement of my PR card with a legal name change in Canada. So finally with the Canadian legal name certificate, I’m able to get my a PR card, BC health card and driving license.