+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

PreetSembhi

Jul 27, 2021
Hello members,
I would really appreciate if anyone help me in PGP application. The application was received at Delhi Visa office Mid of October 2020, First medical and PCC has already been done last year, but when i checked the online status today it is saying that " We sent you medical instructions on July 21, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." The problem here is that we have not received any email or mail from them on any of our email addresses or mailing addresses. Can some one suggest me that if i should raise the webform and ask them about this or there is any other solution as well?

Maddy1041

Jan 30, 2020
@robertp @laxsun
HI Team, I applied PGP 2019. Till today on my parents PR application status it was showing " inprocess" but today it got changed to " application received "

Am really worried and confused.

Can anyone suggest me what does this mean now.
Please note Sponsorship status shows same as DM.

Please please suggest

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello members,
I would really appreciate if anyone help me in PGP application. The application was received at Delhi Visa office Mid of October 2020, First medical and PCC has already been done last year, but when i checked the online status today it is saying that " We sent you medical instructions on July 21, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." The problem here is that we have not received any email or mail from them on any of our email addresses or mailing addresses. Can some one suggest me that if i should raise the webform and ask them about this or there is any other solution as well?
Have you linked your application to mycic account? If so, the medical request forms should be there. If not, then check email (junk folders too) and if you still don’t have it, submit the webform raising this concern to them so that they can send you the request.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
@robertp @laxsun
HI Team, I applied PGP 2019. Till today on my parents PR application status it was showing " inprocess" but today it got changed to " application received "

Am really worried and confused.

Can anyone suggest me what does this mean now.
Please note Sponsorship status shows same as DM.

Please please suggest
I am not 100% sure, but i think this happened with some people last year too and that was like an update, you may see some update in next few days.

Reactions: Maddy1041

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I think ours was processed in Mississauga as well (noted in my sponsorship approval letter). However, they asked for my parents’ current address after the 2nd medical request. Perhaps, it was sent to Ankara at that point.
Congrats for PPR !
Could you share with us the date for the request of your parents current address please ?

Thanks

manaal4

May 11, 2019
@lenalucky They have asked me to fill Imm 0008 form again and I see an option for grand child as a dependent on there. I also come across the following info
Requirements for parents and grandparents
Assessing dependants
When a sponsored parent or grandparent includes a dependant on their permanent residence application, there must be acceptable evidence of the relationship between the sponsor and the parent or grandparent, as applicable. There is no requirement for an officer to establish a relationship between that dependant and the sponsor – a sponsored parent or grandparent may include a dependent child or grandchild who is not related by blood to the sponsor.
An officer must be satisfied that there is a genuine relationship between the principal applicant parent or grandparent and any spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent grandchild they include on their permanent residence application.
Share this page

Reactions: lenalucky

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Hello folks,

My parents' application received date is June 06, 2019. They completed their medical exam and medical passed in Feb 2020. Had nothing until yesterday when they received another medical request and a request to update a couple of documents. My question is:

Their last medical test was done in Canada and they haven't left Canada since then.

According to this article they don't need another medical request:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

What is the best approach to proceed? Just finish another medical(avoid further delays) or send a web form asking details about this(the deadline is in about a month - not sure if they will respond before that).

Any inputs/suggestions appreciated. TIA!

Reactions: Blue_bird19

manaal4

May 11, 2019
@lenalucky They have asked me to fill Imm 0008 form again and I see an option for grand child as a dependent on there. I also come across the following info
Requirements for parents and grandparents
Assessing dependants
When a sponsored parent or grandparent includes a dependant on their permanent residence application, there must be acceptable evidence of the relationship between the sponsor and the parent or grandparent, as applicable. There is no requirement for an officer to establish a relationship between that dependant and the sponsor – a sponsored parent or grandparent may include a dependent child or grandchild who is not related by blood to the sponsor.
An officer must be satisfied that there is a genuine relationship between the principal applicant parent or grandparent and any spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent grandchild they include on their permanent residence application.