+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

tracy0831

Sep 16, 2015
Quick question - my mom just received her medical exam notice. I assume her application is on the right track. She’s in Canada but her passport is expired. And the consulate has paused all passport services since pandemic. What should I do if CIC asks for her passport? Thank you!!

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
@laxsun or everyone please advise

How much time CPC M is taking these days to call for virtual landing after we see DM2 visible on Ecas. My CIC account is not showing anything. The case is being processed at NDVO

Reactions: laxsun

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone.

I just received a request for PCC for my parents. They have a PCC from India from January 2020, I am wondering if it would be still valid as it has no expiry and they have not visited India since then or should I apply for a new one? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you !
I strongly suggest getting a new one.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun or everyone please advise

How much time CPC M is taking these days to call for virtual landing after we see DM2 visible on Ecas. My CIC account is not showing anything. The case is being processed at NDVO
I think NDVO has resumed processing PGP cases. You may see another step soon. DM2 will not be seen in myCIC.
If your parents are in Canada NDVO's PPR will have option to send passport to Ottawa.
In that case, call CIC call center as the passport will be returned without doing anything.

Last edited:

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi all, got re-medical request for parents. I see the option of uploading documents in my online application but I understand that medicals are sent directly by the physician. Do we need to submit anything ourselves? Doctor has signed off the form but it doesn’t have any results as they mentioned all the results are sent to CIC directly. Please advise if we need to also submit the IME signed form from physician. Thank you and wishing us all to be connected and reunited soon with our loved parents and grandparents

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
My father got a request to resubmit his biometrics today. We got this request 2 years after we submitted our application. We have also done our 2nd medical exam in April this year... Has anyone have the similar experience? I don't understand why they waited so long to request this...

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
Got parents biometric email today. It says it should be done with in 30 days. But I am getting the earliest appointment on Oct 14, 2021 at the location where my parents are living. Any suggestions?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
My father got a request to resubmit his biometrics today. We got this request 2 years after we submitted our application. We have also done our 2nd medical exam in April this year... Has anyone have the similar experience? I don't understand why they waited so long to request this...
That is very odd, biometrics are valid for 10 years. There should be no need to get these done again. I am so disappointed by so much extra financial and physical burden on our parents in this old age in the name of all these revalidation tests :(

Debdas1

Oct 10, 2020
Hi All, I have a few questions and really appreciate your valuable input:
1. We just received a new passport for my mom as her old one is going to expire in Feb 2022. Do we need to update CIC and how?
2. She has been in Canada with a super visa since Oct 2019 and I assume she has to leave within 24 months as per the guideline of a super visa. How she can get an extension so she can avoid going back in this pandemic time (and hope that her sponsorship will be approved by then)? BTW, her original super visa was issued until Feb 2022 (as per her old passport expiry date).
Thank you in advance.

Kelly0127

Jun 30, 2021
Hi, I just received PPR for my parents. Do they also need to provide their old passports in the package? Someone says they need the old passport too but the letter doesn’t request old passport. Please help.
Thank you!

Reactions: Hamied

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
How long should it normally take for COPR to be issued after pp page copies and photos have been received by the Ottawa office? The Fedex delivery confirmation shows these were received on July 6. There was an update on July 14 on CIC under Final Decision (last line): "July 14, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." There were no new messages, the last one was the letter that requested that we send the pp page copies and photos and a return prepaid Fedex envelope. Is this a normal delay or should I try to contact them? (We, PA and spouse, are in the USA)
@YULIA-2016 , @laxsun and @robertp Please update tracker

We got the COPR finally, today. Original application was received in Ottawa on June 12 2019, so 25 months to COPR.
Thank you for the help, support and information that forum members have been providing. If you are still waiting, hang in there, and all the best to all of you!

Reactions: laxsun