App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Would make sure you have the extra funds to care for your father if they do come to Canada. Many are not aware that for anursing home alone you are looking at around $1200/month out of your pocket plus additional expenses. Many assume that the majority of healthcare for seniors (or any other patient) is covered until you live through it and realize that many things are not covered or partially covered. Many families end up spending a considerable amount of money taking care of family when their health deteriorates. You mention your other family wasn’t supportive about them moving to Canada. Many family members end up not being supportive once they realize the actual cost of care and medical equipment/supplies and that families end up providing all or most of the care even if that means having to quit their job. The services you are entitled to and what you actually receive are often quite different and you aren’t entitled to a lot if you start looking into this. The LICO amount would not be able to cover the costs of caring for most parents which is why I wish the government was more clear about the actual expenses involved with caring for a senior with health issues in Canada. People look at free hospital care and most medication at low cost but that is a very small fraction of normal care.
This is really good to know. Thank you so much for writing all these down.
Our application is not there yet so I never give it a thought or looked into these. But $1200 was quite a surprise to be honest.

The parents have pensions in their country too so we should be able to manage the expenses.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How my parents can get a letter from IRCC described below:
The letter must:
be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
state IRCC has confirmed you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you have not yet been denied.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun

For User rax7187 #2 in Tracker - PGP 2019 for Parents In Laws
- Decision Made since March 2020
- Requested in January 2021 for Update
- In February 2021 request for re-medical
- In March 2021 re- medical done
- In April 2021 - re-medical passed.
- Got Request for PPR on May 27, 2021
- Informed after two week that due to Lock Down and VFS closure passport can't be sent.
- Got extension till 28th August 2021 to submit passport.
- VFS sent email a week before 7th July 2021 to submit passport and sent two way courier link.
- Submitted both passport on 14th July 2021
- Passport received by VFS India Delhi on 15th July 2021 morning 9:40 AM

Waiting for passport to get stamped and deliver back.

No update on User rax7187 #1 application for my Parents which is still with CPC Delhi since March 2020.
Asked via WebForm for update.
Good to know VFS in India has resumed.
What is the exact date of second medical pass.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Friends,
We sent our pp page copies and pictures and prepaid return Fedex envelope to Ottawa almost two weeks ago, for COPR to be sent back to us in the USA. Today I got an update and the new line for application status says:
"July 14: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."
But there are no new messages! Wonder what this means. Should we expect them to be sending us the COPR in a few days?
Normally COPR comes with the passport (in your case visa is not needed). The approval line in MyCIC must have included the validity of COPR.

kankan3344

Jul 16, 2021
Hi friends:my application dated 23 June2019 I saw applicant status changed to decision made in 8th June 2021 but until today no PPR.Parents are in China.is it normal?is PPR on hold ?thanks

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Has anyone experienced this with their online application. I have my mum's application linked to her CIC account since 2019 and for the past 2 years, I am able to view the status of her application and when the biometrics was updated. But in the last couple of weeks her linked application disappeared from her account. I have being trying to relink the application to her account and I keep getting an error message linking the application. I have no clue why the application disappeared from her account.

What should i do?? Any help would be appreciated.

PB65 Mohali

Feb 17, 2017
Hi guys, my parents COPR was expired in September 2020 cause they couldn’t travel due to Covid. I got email from CIC saying that whenever they are able to travel; they can reply on their email and they’ll re-issue visa to finalize the landing procedure. Since then I’ve been asking CIC so many times to give us further instructions but haven’t heard anything back. Is anybody having same issue or any suggestions for this situation please? Thanks

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
Is anyone able to answer when can I expect the review to start for sponsor eligibility. Status changed to in process on july 12,2021
I have a similar timeline as you; I called the CIC Call Centre this morning for very similar questions, as it was already passing the "20-24 months" timeline. The "in process" date most likely was when they started to evaluate the sponsorship eligibility. It has been "in process" for just about a month for me now, and the call centre agent advised me that it would take about two months for me to get the sponsorship approval, but it could get even faster as more CIC employees now are back to work. The agent further addressed that after that, the Sponsorship Approval letter (SA, or Decision Made #1 / DM1) would be sent both electronically and via mail to both us and our parents. After the SA/DM1, the file would then be transferred to each local office. The rest of the process would then start concerning the applicants, i.e. our parents, for their background checks, medical exams, etc. The agent that answered my call today was very friendly and forthcoming, but understandably that he could only reveal what was already there.

Since submitting my application in 2019-6, it went quiet for just more than a year, until the AOR arrived in 2020-9. Ever since then, it has been quiet again, until the recent "in process" notion seen on ECAS. The PGP programme, particularly if parents are currently not in Canada, likely has the lowest priority. There is not much we can do other than waiting for the approvals.

Best wishes.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi guys, my parents COPR was expired in September 2020 cause they couldn’t travel due to Covid. I got email from CIC saying that whenever they are able to travel; they can reply on their email and they’ll re-issue visa to finalize the landing procedure. Since then I’ve been asking CIC so many times to give us further instructions but haven’t heard anything back. Is anybody having same issue or any suggestions for this situation please? Thanks
Could you post whole letter ? need some information to confirm somethin for you. thanks

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
@laxsun @robertp
Please update tracker received biometric request for my parents on July 16. As per letter’s 30days time frame we are not able to book appointments. What shall I do please advice?
thanks

Reactions: laxsun

sidhubi

Jan 24, 2017
Received medical request again. May 27 2019 applicant. CPC-M office. Re medical means file close to final decision? Please comment.