+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
PPR received today :)

Iranian Applicants, LVO Ankra, Turkey
Application received : June 19, 2019
Initial Biometrics requested: Aug 2019 --> Father-in-law could not do biometrics due to covid. Mother-in-law has valid biometrics from 2017 (visitor visa).
Application In process (ECAS): August 8, 2020 --> Application sent to Ankra
Medical requested: Jan 30, 2021
Medical submitted: Feb 22, 2021
Police Cert for both applicants and biometrics for father-in-law requested: May 22, 2021
Father-in-law Biometrics done on June 14, 2021
Pre-arrival letter: Jul 6, 2021
Application DM (ECAS): Jul 9, 2021
PPR: Jul 12, 2021
Congratulations!

I'm also an Iranian applicant and my application is being processed in Ankara.
May I ask if you received all of the correspondences from Ankara via email?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
They don't mail to Iran. You can either pick them up in person or get the pick up service from travel agencies.
My parent had done biometrics back in 2014 so they were exempted from new biometrics and my application's status was in background check for almost a year (2019-2020).
I wonder if your parents did the biometrics for this application recently or not?
Thanks

bama1

Jul 7, 2021
hi everyone!
After I Submitted My Passport For Visa Stamp I Received PFL then I Response To PFL. Now I Received An Email saying That An Envelop Has Been Despached To VAC.
And i didn't receive any Refusal letter by Email from them.What does It Mean Is My Application Approved?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone!
After I Submitted My Passport For Visa Stamp I Received PFL then I Response To PFL. Now I Received An Email saying That An Envelop Has Been Despached To VAC.
And i didn't receive any Refusal letter by Email from them.What does It Mean Is My Application Approved?
meaning you are getting passport back with visa.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, @YULIA-2016, @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese
please update the tracker line # 763
BIO done on 5 July, 2021 (finally)
passport request received on 12 July, 2021
As parents are already in Canada, we do not need to send their passports anywhere, just inform visa office through webform, pay fees for permanent residence ($1050 for each person) and wait for COPR, correct? Please confirm
Congratulations!
Did you notice your grandparents(?) case changed to DM2 in ecas? Do you know the date to put in the tracker?
I think the RPRF is reduced to $575 each person.

Reactions: OlyaMK

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Congratulations!
Did you notice your grandparents(?) case changed to DM2 in ecas? Do you know the date to put in the tracker?
I think the RPRF is reduced to $575 each person.
Thank you! Yes, case status has changed to Decision Made in Ecas, same day, July 12, I believe. Did they really have reduced RPRF fee?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
My parent had done biometrics back in 2014 so they were exempted from new biometrics and my application's status was in background check for almost a year (2019-2020).
I wonder if your parents did the biometrics for this application recently or not?
Thanks
Yes they were exempt as well

Reactions: Roya-FSW

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hi everyone!
Don't worry. If your applications is refused, they don't bother to ask your passport. The approval notice includes validity of your COPR.

Reactions: morinda