+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
My parent's application is in Application received status with all the imp dates listed below. I have been patiently waiting for the process to pick up its pace but it seems like nothing is happening. Can someone help me with some idea on when we can expect this process to complete?

Invitation received: April 28, 2019
Application received: June 19, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
DM as per Ecas: Pct 29, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 28, 2019
LVO: New Delhi
Same situation here. its killing us.

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Hi folks,

I applied for my mother in 2019 under this program. A week or so ago, I got an update from IRCC Missisauga that since their office does not send any paper correspondence to applicants to addresses outside Canada, they wanted an email address or Canadian mailing address. I provided them with my local mailing address as well as an email for correspondence and today IRCC e-mailed me the IMM1017 form which provides the 'Medical Examination Instructions'. My mother is currently in India and so I just want to make sure that she can take this form to one of the panel doctors there and get her medical examination done. I am a little confused about the address mentioned on the form as it has C/O my local address here in Canada. I just want to make sure that this is normal and will not cause any problems in the process. I will appreciate if someone who has been through a similar scenario can confirm this. Thank you in advance for your help!

kishna

Dec 5, 2008
Hi folks,

I applied for my mother in 2019 under this program. A week or so ago, I got an update from IRCC Missisauga that since their office does not send any paper correspondence to applicants to addresses outside Canada, they wanted an email address or Canadian mailing address. I provided them with my local mailing address as well as an email for correspondence and today IRCC e-mailed me the IMM1017 form which provides the 'Medical Examination Instructions'. My mother is currently in India and so I just want to make sure that she can take this form to one of the panel doctors there and get her medical examination done. I am a little confused about the address mentioned on the form as it has C/O my local address here in Canada. I just want to make sure that this is normal and will not cause any problems in the process. I will appreciate if someone who has been through a similar scenario can confirm this. Thank you in advance for your help!
Are you her representative? Same happened to me but with biometrics letter.

kishna

Dec 5, 2008
Yes I sent them IMM5476 form last week and put myself as the Representative. Please can you share your experience regarding this. Thanks.
I had filled out the representative form last year. I hadn’t heard back from ircc since March 2020 when they had asked for additional docs. So I was just waiting and a few weeks ago I got an email with biometrics request letter and in the address section it had c/o and had my address on it. I think it’s because they send correspondence to representative if the file has one.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I am very disturbed. there is no movement on my file.
Application received by CIC Mississagua - 02 May 2019
Other documents sent as requested - August 2019
Biometric, Medical and PCC completed - November 2019
Sputum test for father done - January 2020

No update after that.
Parents came to canada on visitor visa in November 2020, I am paying medical insurance of 1K every month after that. there is no movement of the file. I have applied for visitor visa extension.
What should I do? Please advise.
Somewhat similar situation here, file with CPC-M, May 29, 2019, BM & PCC done in Jan/Feb 2020, medical+sputum passed in June 2020, and now medical expired. It's very frustrating and depressing. Mom is widow living alone in India.

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
@laxsun @robertp Received just now Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process email. asking for various information like last time entry date in Canada, first time entry date in Canada. etc.

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

 You will confirm you currently live in Canada

 You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

 You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

 IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

Important notes:

 You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

 You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved.

 A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependants. Profiles for your dependants, who were under 18 years of age at the time you applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.

 Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent residence, can either:

o Allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account. You will then act on behalf of them.

or

o Give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to create a new account and complete the steps on their own.

Let us know:

You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:

 marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation

 death of

o the sponsor

o the principal applicant or

o any accompanying family member

 birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children

 you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

What you need to do next:

 Reply to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.

 Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other dependant(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence):

o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.

o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).

 In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and location):

 Name:

 UCI:

 Email (as set out in this message):

 Original entry date:

 Date of last time entered Canada:

 Location(Port of Entry):

If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
I had filled out the representative form last year. I hadn’t heard back from ircc since March 2020 when they had asked for additional docs. So I was just waiting and a few weeks ago I got an email with biometrics request letter and in the address section it had c/o and had my address on it. I think it’s because they send correspondence to representative if the file has one.
Thanks. Yep it's the same in our case too. The IMM1017 form has my local address as C/O in the address section. So is this normal then? and would that still mean that my mother can proceed with her medical exam in India with one of the doctors on the IRCC panel?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

Its normal and it is the same for us.

Reactions: intel2

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hi, those who've sent the scanned additional documents through emails to the Visa offices, did you send multiple pdfs or just one pdf with all documents but less than 5mb in size? Thanks
I send each document separately in PDF - multiple attachments and listed all in e mail body

Reactions: taherkhan

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
I have few questions
Our visa office- LVO
I have send all additional documents via reply on same e mail as advised
Do still I have to submit documents on web form as well ?
Usually the advise don’t send documents multiple way - Please ady

manaal4

May 11, 2019
Hi, Status was updated to Decision made on my sponsorship application on March 11 and it says a correspondence was sen to you on March 16th on ecas. Are they talking about the same sponsorship email that I got on March 11th in my email or some other letter. I am confused.
After that the PR application status changed to in process and my application file was transferred to London office. Recently some changes like we are reviewing your eligibility, background check etc. Could someone tell me what happens after this.

Reactions: laxsun