+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

having a hard time to get medical appointment for parents from Lahore pk. Anyone facing same difficulties to get medical appointment. Please share your experience.
They said send us email and they will only response over the email with appointment date. Send emails 3 times last week. No response yet
Any update for your Medical appointment - I am waiting same in Karachi, send e-mail with all details no response yet - try to call but no response , wait for few day more.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any update for your Medical appointment - I am waiting same in Karachi, send e-mail with all details no response yet - try to call but no response , wait for few day more.
Many are getting automatic extensions. Would book the earliest appointment and send an email information IRCC or if you are not wanting to do the medical until covid rates have increased I would send an email indicating this and request and extension. An answer usually takes multiple weeks. IRCC seems to have been very flexible when requests are reasonable.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hmm possibly? my understanding is that any place they stay for over 6 months (With the exception of CAN) needs a PCC but I will leave this one to the seniors :)

on a side note, I wouldn't make anybody travel just to avoid having to request a PCC. Seems like things in India are not good so if your parents can stay with your brother, leave them there! ;)
Just getting selected is a win. :) Some people lose sight of the fact that getting to sponsor your parents for PR is a privilege that many immigrants around the world don't have and many have not been selected for PGP even after multiple attempts.

Reactions: HKIMM

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents were here in Canada on Visitor Visa back to 2019while we applied and sent their application to Ottawa. I put their home country address as their residential address as I was thinking residential address needs to be the place that they leave permanently. (Still not sure which address I should put)
We put the copy of their passport and the stamp of arrival was there but I am not sure if they check this or not.
That time as I didn't know how to inform as we even didn't have AOR and even I didn't know that when they are here we should change their address.
Now my question is should I inform that they were here while we applied or it dosen't matter at this stage.

Our file are in process for both side since Feb2020 and My parents are here since March 2020 and we informed their address changes as well. Their current address is canadian address rightnow as they are here.

My question is about 2019 when we applied ?
Would send in a webform indicating that they are currently visiting Canada and will remain in Canada until at least XXX. Would include their Canadian address and Canadian contact number.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For people whose cases are processed by CPC-M, how long does your ME get approved after the hospital uploaded the results? I saw many people say exactly two weeks?
There is actually a backlog when in comes to review of medicals so it may be longer than 2 weeks. If there are any irregularities in testing or any concerns where more information or further testing is needed, wait times will be even longer. Not sure if doctors used for medical reviews are being involved in covid.

Reactions: serious_cheese

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
I received an email letter saying our application is complete and we are permanent resident now. in that letter they asked us to send photo and printed letter to IRCC office for PR card..The next day I received another email from IRCC confirmation portal to send them required information to create portal account. I replied them the same day..it is almost a week now they didn't reply yet.
my questions
1. how long it will take to get 2nd email from IRCC portal with our sign in information after first email?
2. do we have to send them photo with printed document in mail or send them photo in PR portal? can we send photo in both ways?
Please advise

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Folks,

I have received the PCC request and my mother in Karachi Pakistan, I am arranging it from Pakistan.

As request that PCC need to submit each location as My Mother visited in 2015 in Canada and stayed for around 9 months, Do I have submit PCC from Canada as well? How I get it if needed.
She is currently in Pakistan.
appreciate your quick response.
no pcc for canada required.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi; I have a question please. Should we send the original copy of PCC or just the scan copy of it?
Hi
You should submit a scanned copy of PCC online not the hardcopy.
Where is your visa office and timeline?
Have you recently received PCC request from Ankara?!

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Agreed :)

I have another question ...my parents are in US right now with my brother and we were thinking of extending the stay because of COVID situation in India, but that will make their stay more than 6 months. Will they need to get PCC from US also in that case ?

Regards
Arjun
I would only provide PCC for countries your parents have stayed in for 6 months + since the age of 18 (minus Canada) at the time you received the PCC request. So, since hypothetically your parents may stay more than 6 months in the US but it's not confirmed yet, I would not provide PCC at this time. However, IRCC may ask for updated PCCs in the future, in which case you may have to provide a PCC for US.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess I am on the same boat with everyone, My parents application passed the 24 months period. (LVO is processing my parents application) anyone had luck to talk to the VO. I've sent emails asking them about the progress and always get generic replies !!! Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: misterbmw

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
I guess I am on the same boat with everyone, My parents application passed the 24 months period. (LVO is processing my parents application) anyone had luck to talk to the VO. I've sent emails asking them about the progress and always get generic replies !!! Thanks
Same here, general reply to all of my inquiries. Do you have dependents on your file?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, general reply to all of my inquiries. Do you have dependents on your file?
My parents only. Lately my dad got cancer stage 2 and I hope this will not effect their decision when they ask for medical test.