+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've received a second medical request in mid-April. However, my parents are in another city and not interested in taking another medical exam due to lots of reasons. I was wondering how to cancel the application? If I cancel the application, will their future visa application be affected? Thanks!
You will need to contact IRCC and ask to withdraw their application. They will need to show that they have strong ties to their home country and no longer plan on moving to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He was not aware what he singled out. He always comments like political member. Specially he has very good "legally" assumptions. For him I just want to say if you are not sure or something you have NEVER experienced or happened. Pls do not comment like it actually happening. Or at least add a sentence " I guess/ assume". A few members from previous posts have same thoughts with me.
Attached proof. It is good for people to understand the history of the application and the challenges of the program. If someone is so focused on sponsoring a parent or grandparent they may not appreciate the challenges of the program, how the majority of people with status in Canada prioritize the program and the additional drain on the healthcare system. Many people are also not aware of the serious financial implications on sponsoring someone. I have attached a paper about the huge financial liability that comes with sponsoring parents or grandparents if they end up in longterm care. These numbers are from approximately 10 years ago so the costs for a space in longterm care will have increased. As the paper points out many fail to consider the potential cost of sponsoring a parent or grandparent. With current LICO rates people will not be able to afford the costs they are responsible for unless they or their parents have a large amount of savings that has been saved for care/expenses as they age. I think the Canadian government does a disservice to those applying to sponsor parent by not explaining their financial responsibilities and keeping LICO at such a low level. If the government doesn't inform people I can highlight areas of potential concern.

http://www.acelaw.ca/appimages/file/Sponsored Immigrants.pdf

Reactions: Leonora7

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi
I hear what you are saying re covid related delays, sure. The world is experiencing covid related delays. It is frustrating and annoying for everyone.

But, for what my opinion is worth, I think it is inaccurate to say that sponsoring parents and grandparents 'usually has no benefit to Canada'. These sponsored parents and grandparents offer practical and emotional support, family stability, and can be a backbone to their families - the very families that are working in Canada, paying taxes in Canada, contributing to the economy in Canada, and getting Canada towards recovery in a pandemic world.

To leave these Canadian workers without their families at a time when they need them the most in order to perform and contribute to the economy as best they can, is short sighted and narrow focused, in my opinion.

Anyways, not interested getting in to some heavy back and forth here as I don't have time, but these are just my thoughts to challenge this idea that parents / grandparents contribute nothing to Canada.
Please start another thread if you want to discuss more on this @canuck78 @steaky @K0c4nbi3t
I request everyone to post only tracker related contents in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: MArshi and vic20

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Seems like they've finally decided to process June 2019 stuck files, hoping this doesn't stop abruptly, like it did.

Anyways, @robertp @YULIA-2016 or if anyone else is updating the spreadsheet, here is some info

Line#693 : Status update "In Process" ( on 3rd May 2021)
Line#808 : Status update "Decision made" , got requested for biometrics (4th May 2021)

Good luck everyone and stay safe
Tracker updated. Do you know In Process date for line #808? You may find that in ecas.

floating_on

Apr 26, 2021
Received second medical exam request on April 18th. However, my parents were in another city to deal with some important stuff, and they won’t be able to do the medical exam before 18th this month. What would be considered a valid reason to postpone the medical exam? Thanks!

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi everyone,
Yesterday was the 2 year mark of my sponsorship application to my parents.
The fact that I live in QC seems to be an extra slowing factor on top of the pandemic (very few QC files have been concluded so far).
Since Dec 2019 just radio-silence.

I don't have anything special to share but to wish everyone good luck and patience.
It's a sad state of affair even if we can indeed consider ourselves the lucky ones (which are already in process, whatever it's suppose to means) but it's upsetting to realize that even after 2 years of processing with very few to none information, you don't seem to be worthy of any extra information or clarification
Anyway, I want to thank everyone that somehow contribute to this community with special thanks for the admins for keeping the google sheet updated (funny how a bunch of random people on an online forum can create such a powerful informational tool)

I feel that my journey is not even close to the end, so looks like we are going to be here for the long haul ;)

Anyway, thanks everyone and enjoy the summer, maybe after the holidays we will see some extra movement? (one can only hope)

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
how much time it took from submitting passport to DM, COPR update in mycici etc.
The passport was returned back without stamping and COPR. got a call for virtual landing and esterday received the COPR in the email

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Tracker updated. Do you know In Process date for line #808? You may find that in ecas.
The In Process date for #808 is 21st October 2020

Reactions: laxsun