Jan 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I received the good news today!
Application received: May 22, 2019
Biometric: October 2019
Medical: February 2020
DM: April 19, 2021

All the best for the other applicants.
I also have one question. If the parents are outside of Canada are they allowed to land after receiving their immigrant visa? I have heard any immigrant who has received the visa after March 2020 can not enter due to Covid. Appreciate your answers to my question.

Reactions: kwgcda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys, I need a bit of advice, please.

I am preparing documents for Quebec and not sure what to do about "last income tax year"
I didn't submit my taxes for 2020 yet (I know, I know, I should have done that a long time ago).
Will it look weird for them if I send RL1, Tax Return, etc. for 2019?
My situation for 2020 didn't change much, just a little bit higher income.
Would you wait another month to get the Notice of Assessment for 2020 and send that?

Thanks.
They will really want NOA2020 at this point if they are asking for your most recent NOA.

swapan1189

Aug 5, 2014
Amritsar
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
16-04-2015 (second line)
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 and 3rd line updated on 02/06/2015
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents file in 2019. As of now, the ecas status says below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
There has been no update in the past almost 2 years? Most of the posts that I see here are at far more advanced stage.
Is the timeline of my parents file normal?

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
You please refer line 612 in the spreadsheet

Application submitted on 11 June 2019 (We were in Canada at the time of submission of application, returned to India in August 2019 till today)
App ack in oct 2019
After that.. PCC, clarifications on my job with details (Pre-retirement), family background clarification, relationship certification, medical, RCMP clearance (finger print etc), Biometrics, Re-medical, extra test after re-medical related to heart of my wife..

Every thing went on smoothly, may be because we were submitting our replies to the point and immediately.

Finally decision made and PPR letter both on same day i.e. 11 March 2021..
Hello dear,
Congratulations!! Did they ask for RCMP clearance or you do it yourself?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents file in 2019. As of now, the ecas status says below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
There has been no update in the past almost 2 years? Most of the posts that I see here are at far more advanced stage.
Is the timeline of my parents file normal?
Do not worry, there are many having similar progress including me. Yes, this is normal.

Have you received Sponsorship approval? Have you ordered GCMS notes?

b_ava

Jan 24, 2019
Hi Everyone, We've got the approval (COPR) today!

@robertp, @YULIA-2016, kindly update the tracker #551.

Application received on June 5, 2019.
Medical extended - Dec 19, 2020 to Apr 12, 2021.
Background check completed on Apr 13, 2021
Final Decision - Apr 20, 2021
LVO - CPC-M

Thank you all!
Congrats! Do you know what is the meaning of this in the letter: "Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date."? Medical examinations has already expired. Does it mean the date that is shown in mycic? Thanks.

rn.canada

Apr 21, 2021
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my parents to come to Canada and really appreciate your opinions about my case.

Back to 40 years ago, my father changed his year of birth on his birth certificate from 1960 to 1950. And 1950 becomes his official year of birth on all other documents till today. The reason for this change is because he tried to avoid the military service back then.

On the sponsorship application, he provided 1950 as the year of birth which is matched with other documents (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate). On his schedule A, however, we still declared my father graduated from high school in 1978 - which is the actual year he finished high school but that would make him graduate from high school at the age of 28 because his year of birth on paper is 1950.

Now that IRCC is requesting updated schedule A from the age of 18 of my father and his proof of study. Can anyone give me your opinion what is the best response to IRCC in this situation. Note that we no longer have any proof of my father's study.

Should I write a letter to explain to IRCC that my father changed his year of birth back then. I'm leaning toward this approach but I'm still afraid it may open a can of worm and make IRCC question more about my father's application.

You opinion is appreciated!

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:
• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 20, 2019.
• The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible has been finalized on March 12, 2020.
• The eligibility requirements assessment has not been initiated.
• The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
• The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
• The security verifications have not been initiated.
• Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

@robertp @laxsun
@YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese

Hi Robert, This is a revert I got from NDVO. Can you suggest with your experience how much time it may take to get all this steps done...

Mar 25, 2020
SUPER VISA question

Can I apply Super visa for just my mother. Father present but not applying for them. Mother's a housemaker/ housewive. No income.