+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Candi0707

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
No, I did not take any specific action. As everyone, I was also waiting patiently for IRCC to respond.
Has anyone heard anything from Ankara VO?
I'm May 9 applicant and passed medical on Feb. 1st 2021 and nothing since then.
My application is May 9 2019 as well but still stuck in CPC-M. Security check and eligibility check are not initiated yet. Is CPC-M cleaning up the backlog ?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
My application is May 9 2019 as well but still stuck in CPC-M. Security check and eligibility check are not initiated yet. Is CPC-M cleaning up the backlog ?
Oh really I though I'm alone! Mine was transferred to Ankara in October 2020. I have no idea, I thought CPC-M is much faster!

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
For all CPC-M (Case Processing Center - Mississauga) applicants. Check the other thread as well.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cpc-mississauga-updates.702460/page-68#post-9349606

Right now there is a huge mess-up going on with this Case Processing Center specifically for both Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship and Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

Kindly share the last updates that you have received from CPC-M. Have you guys ordered GCMS notes or tried to reach out to your MP?

ppruaburra

Apr 18, 2021
Hi Everyone, can there be a problem if parents come to Canada for PR landing on a return ticket, though return date is after 11 months or should purchase one way ticket?
Entering Canada on one way or return is not an issue. Exiting and coming back without a valid PR card is. So, you should have enough buffer between the entry and return so that your parents can get the printed PR card, that'd help them enter Canada the next time.

Candi0707

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
For all CPC-M (Case Processing Center - Mississauga) applicants. Check the other thread as well.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cpc-mississauga-updates.702460/page-68#post-9349606

Right now there is a huge mess-up going on with this Case Processing Center specifically for both Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship and Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

Kindly share the last updates that you have received from CPC-M. Have you guys ordered GCMS notes or tried to reach out to your MP?
Yes, I contacted our MP in March but it doesn't make any change. I have no idea when Mississauga center can REMOTELY do their job.

hopefulkid02

Apr 20, 2021
Hi All,

I received an email for Virtual Landing on March 10th - requesting current residential address and phone number for my parents as they are currently residing in Canada due to COVID and in the body of the email it provides the expiry date of visa was March 31, 2021. Unfortunately, I didnt see this email corr until today (April 20th).

The visa office also contacted me via email requesting the same information on April 6th of which I replied providing them with this info then also submit the information through webform.

After I saw the virtual landing email today, I replied to the email corr and provide them with the information.

Did I miss the window of getting my parents virtual landing because I failed to reply to the virtual landing email before the visa expiry date? Will this mean that my parents will not get their PR?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Note:
LVO: Singapore

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi @robertp Got an update in CIC account. The medical had expired on Mar 16,2021. IRCC have extended the Medical.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - April 19, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

No other update. I haven't received the Biometrics yet.

GCMS Notes says: " Biometrics fee received. however PA appears to be currently residing in Canada as of this date. APR officer to review if biometrics fees are needed or if refund is to be issued. Application locked in on 2019/06/21. Case held at CPC-M for APR processing "

Any suggestions. what to expect next? DM2? Biometrics? Passport request? Virtual Landing?
@robertp @serious_cheese , In the tracker its written that "Medical extended TO April 19,2021". It is supposed to be Medical extended ON April 19,2021.

Reactions: serious_cheese

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
What is the best way to reach the office processing an application? My mother-in-law had done a medical but now she received a letter stating she requires a medical and only has a month to get this done. She'd like to call in and ask if her original was received and if this is another one required or what is going on but time is short. She is based in the US and the New York office is handling her application I do believe. Is calling the number the best option for her? (the one we have is 1-844-880-6519 )
Contact with webform to the New-York office .

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
What is the best way to reach the office processing an application? My mother-in-law had done a medical but now she received a letter stating she requires a medical and only has a month to get this done. She'd like to call in and ask if her original was received and if this is another one required or what is going on but time is short. She is based in the US and the New York office is handling her application I do believe. Is calling the number the best option for her? (the one we have is 1-844-880-6519 )
can you share your .information in the spread sheet..