+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

manaal4

May 11, 2019
I got a notification in my online account that a letter was mailed to you on March 16th but I haven’t received it as yet.
I received an email saying that sponsorship was approved. In my online account it says that a letter was mailed to you on March 16th but I haven’t received it as yet.

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
Hello everyone,
I applied for my parent's application around May 2019 received this letter today, anyone else in same boat? They completed their medical in Dec 2019 and have been waiting for passport request since then. They recently did their biometrix in Nov 2020.
Letter from CIC:

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.
Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal
government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:

Their application status is following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on March 29, 2021.

Reactions: Netesteph

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am frustrated and nothing else . there is literally no answer what so ever. The processing times are limbo, call centers answers are useless. What to do , seem like there is like literally no movement what so ever what is the hold up how come some files are moving like flash and then there are files sitting at application received status for such a long time 20+ months and no answer how long the back ground checks can take and what are the they looking in there to check ? I asked the agent and if there is any time frame i mean will these files be completed this year at all or not or when can we expect something

senseNsimplicity

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2011
Doc's Request.
27th july 2011
IELTS Request
30-04-2010
Med's Request
Pre-Med
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
Hello,

I have a question regarding PCC for people from India. My father is in Canada on supervisa. I'm expecting to get call for PCC soon. My question is, Do I(sponsor) need a valid PR card to apply for PCC at BLS centre? My PR card has expired and I have applied for renewal.

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello everyone,

My parents sponsorship is in process since 2019 , but my 2020 income is lower than previous years but i still meat the Miniman income reequipment, i am i still eligable as sponsor can some one expliane this note which i got from cic webiste

Temporary public policy concerning applications for permanent residence as a member of the family class whose sponsor must meet a minimum income requirement in 2020
Background
A person who wishes to become a permanent resident as a member of the family class must submit an application to the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship (the Department) and must meet all criteria established in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the Act) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations). In the case of parents and grandparents and certain other members of the family class, whose sponsor resides outside Quebec, their sponsor must meet a minimum income requirement specified in the Regulations.
The COVID-19 pandemic, which began in March 2020 in Canada, has caused serious financial challenges for Canadians and permanent residents, even as the re-opening of the economy has begun. Many businesses had to cease operations temporarily due to emergency orders that restricted people from coming into close contact. Many unemployed individuals were and are eligible for Employment Insurance regular benefits or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, some of which may be paid out under the Employment Insurance Act (EIA).
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the income requirement for tax year 2020 will be more difficult for some sponsors to meet. This could result in otherwise eligible permanent residence applicants having their application refused, including both current and future applicants in the family class whose sponsor must meet a minimum income requirement.
Public Policy Considerations
Given the challenges faced by current and future sponsors, and the impact this will have on applicants during this time, this public policy will ensure that applicants whose sponsors would have otherwise been approved are not unfairly impacted by these unprecedented events. The public policy will exempt certain permanent residence applicants from the requirement that their sponsor must meet all of the requirements of the Regulations for the 2020 taxation year. As a result, foreign nationals applying for permanent residence as parents and grandparents, members of the family class, will be exempted from the requirement to have a sponsor who meets the requirement to have the minimum necessary income plus 30%, as long as the sponsor meets the minimum necessary income defined in section 2 of the Regulations, as well as all the applicable requirements including those pertaining to the other relevant taxation years.
In addition, sponsors of all family class applicants whose sponsor must meet income requirements will be able to count regular Employment Insurance benefits in their income calculations rather than just special Employment Insurance benefits for 2020.
As such, I hereby establish that, pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Act, there are public policy considerations that justify the granting of an exemption, from the below specified requirements of the provisions of the Act and the Regulations, to foreign nationals who meet the conditions listed below.
Conditions (Eligibility Criteria)
1) Parents and Grandparents:
Based on the public policy considerations, delegated officers may grant an exemption from the requirements of the Act and the Regulations specified below, where a foreign national:
  1. Has applied for a permanent resident visa as a sponsored parent or grandparent, member of the family class, pursuant to paragraphs 117(1)(c) or 117(1)(d) of the Regulations and whose permanent resident visa application has been accepted for processing;
  2. Has a sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable), who filed a sponsorship application in respect of the foreign national and where the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) complies with all the requirements applicable to the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) as described in section 133 of the Regulations except for the requirements specified below with respect to the 2020 taxation year:
    1. the requirement to have a total income at least equal to the minimum necessary income but only as it relates to the aspect of the calculation of such income for the 2020 taxation year and specifically pertaining to the exclusion, under subparagraph 134(1.1)(b)(iv) of the Regulations, of income received under the EIA from said calculation. For further clarity, sponsors who with the inclusion of income received under the EIA would meet the applicable minimum necessary income threshold for 2020 comply with this condition. They will still need to meet the regulatory requirement from the minimum necessary income perspective for any other taxation years required by the Regulations.
    2. the requirement to have a total income at least equal to the minimum necessary income plus 30% for the 2020 taxation year. For further clarity, foreign nationals with sponsors who with or without the inclusion of income received under the EIA would meet the applicable minimum necessary income threshold for 2020 but who do not meet the requirement to have an additional 30% of income would comply with this condition. They will still need to meet the regulatory requirement to meet the minimum necessary income plus 30% for any other taxation years required by the Regulations.
2) Other Family Class Applicants whose Sponsor Must Meet an Income Requirement:
Based on the public policy considerations, delegated officers may grant an exemption from the requirements of the Act and the Regulations specified below where a foreign national:
  1. Has applied for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class pursuant to paragraphs 117(1)(a), (b), (f), or (h) of the Regulations and whose application has been accepted for processing;
  2. Has a sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable), who filed a sponsorship application in respect of the foreign national and where the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) complies with all the requirements applicable to the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) as described in section 133 of the Regulations except in what concerns the minimum necessary income requirements but only as it relates to the aspect of the calculation of such income for the 2020 taxation year or any month(s) in the 2020 calendar year, and specifically pertaining to the exclusion, under subparagraph 134(1)(c)(iv) of the Regulations, of income received under the EIA from said calculation. For further clarity, sponsors who with the inclusion of income received under the EIA would meet the applicable minimum necessary income threshold comply with this condition.
Requirements of the Regulations and Act for which an Exemption may be Granted to the Eligible Foreign National:
1) Parents and Grandparents:
The requirements in subsection 11(2) of the Act and in paragraph 120(b) of the Regulations to have a sponsor who meets the requirements in sub-paragraph 133(1)(j)(i) (B) and 134(1.1)(b)(iv) of the Regulations in regards to the sponsor’s income calculation for the 2020 taxation year. For greater clarity, the foreign national must have a sponsor who meets all other requirements of the Act and the Regulations other than those for which the exemption is granted under this public policy.
2) Other Family Class Applicants whose Sponsor Must Meet an Income Requirement:
The requirements in subsection 11(2) of the Act and in paragraph 120(b) of the Regulations to have a sponsor who meets the requirements in sub-paragraph 133(1)(j)(i) (A) and 134(1)(c)(iv) of the Regulations in regards to the sponsor’s income calculation for the 2020 taxation year. For greater clarity, the foreign national must have a sponsor who meets all other requirements of the Act and the Regulations other than those for which the exemption is granted under this public policy.
Start and End dates
This public policy comes into effect upon my signature and applies to new and pending applications, the latter where no final decision on the application was rendered, for permanent residence. This public policy ends when processing of all applications for permanent residence that may be affected by this public policy has been finalized. However, the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship has the authority to revoke this public policy.
The Honourable Marco Mendicino
Minister of Immigration and Citizenship
Dated at Ottawa, 10-02-2020

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
I received an email saying that sponsorship was approved. In my online account it says that a letter was mailed to you on March 16th but I haven’t received it as yet.
Your timeline please. What was your earlier office before file was transferred to London VO?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi All,

Got this message yesterday from CIC. Did everyone got it or just few of us? Looks like they'll further delay the processing. Pls advice what you guys think.

Thanks!!

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application.

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Family Class – Parents and Grandparents clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.
Yes, it is pretty much everyone whose applications are still unclear for the status. There are many applicants who are trying to talk to their ministers individually to expedite but haven't got much far.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Just want to update.
My parents got the letter from IRCC that they have been approved and are permanat residents of Canada. I received this letter through email. No I am applying for PR card.

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hello,

It's related to OHIP: One of the requirement for Ohip is proof of residency. Which document can be easy and quick to produce for this? perhaps apply for Photo Id or apply for bank account and wait for bank statement?

How it works If parents needs to visit Dr meanwhile?

Thanks in advance.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hello,

It's related to OHIP: One of the requirement for Ohip is proof of residency. Which document can be easy and quick to produce for this? perhaps apply for Photo Id or apply for bank account and wait for bank statement?

How it works If parents needs to visit Dr meanwhile?

Thanks in advance.
Fastest is driving license, immediately the moment you pass the written test. Second is photo card which takes approximately 2 weeks. Third is bank statement ( mail statement) which takes 4-5 weeks.
In the meantime if you have to visit doctor it is chargeable as OHIP coverage only start the day you apply for OHIP card.

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Immigration Canada provides processing timelines during COVIDA new IRCC update provides a window into the processing status of applications for several immigration programs.

Permanent residence
IRCC says it is working at full capacity to process permanent residency applications. However, COVID-19 caused a backlog in applications, so you may experience some delays.

At the time of writing, IRCC said it was finalizing most of the Canadian Experience Class applications they received between May 24 and May 30, 2020, meaning decision-makers are working on applications that they received about 10 months ago.

Citizenship
DocumentApplicantsIRCC Status
Grant of CitizenshipReceived AOR LetterFinalizing most applications received between March 31 and April 6, 2019.
Grant of CitizenshipWaiting to receive AORSending letters for applications received the week of January 21, 2021.
Proof of CitizenshipCheck Client Application Status Tool. Processing time is 5 months.
Family
ProgramApplication typeIRCC Status
Spousal, common-law, dependent child sponsorshipInlandFinalizing most applications received between Sept. 29 and Oct. 5, 2019.
Spousal, common-law, dependent child sponsorshipOutlandFinalizing most applications received between May 26 and June 1, 2019.
Parents and GrandparentsCheck online account.
Adoptive child or other relativeCheck online account.
Temporary workers
Work Permit TypeOnline or PaperEligible for Global Skills StrategyIRCC Status
Work Permit Outside CanadaOnlineYesFinalizing most applications received between September 20 and 26, 2020.
Work Permit Outside CanadaOnlineNoCheck online account.
Work Permit Outside CanadaPaperCan't give accurate processing time.
Work permit inside Canada (initial, extensions and changes)OnlineFinalizing most applications received between December 13 and 19, 2020.
Work permit inside Canada (initial, extensions and changes)PaperFinalizing most applications received between December 13 and 19, 2020.
For asylum claimantsOnlineFinalizing most applications received between December 6 and 12, 2020.
For asylum claimantsPaperFinalizing most applications received between December 6 and 12, 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: Leonora7 and raj_g