+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
This really sucks. The processing delay is ridiculous. They are putting a financial, mobility burden on people requesting medicals again. In some countries, it's so expensive. Most importantly families are missing each other, there's a loss in time. Parents are getting old day by day and it won't come back.

To your answer, I think they won't ask for PCC. Once you redo the medicals they will request Passport.
Here in this case, if I am not wrong, IRCC had issued the COPR and immigrant visa but the parents have not travelled which got expired and this linked to medical expiry. Now if the client wants to get COPR / Visa to be issued again then medical is required.

fortgirl

Jun 22, 2019
Hi guys, is the biometrics requirement still cancelled for those who have given their biometrics in the last 10years?

We got a request for biometrics in august or so but was then told we didn’t need to since my parents have had visitor visas in the last couple years but not heard a word from Cic since then.

May 1st 2019 applicant

YYCIAMHERE

Apr 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @jayeshaminnew @robertp Send parents passport in Feb 2021 for Visa Stamp as per the request and received it back without Stamp stating a letter that Visa Office will call and confirm the PR Status...Any thoughts what’s next and when will they call ?. Is this something to worry ? Thank you for the Support. Parents in Canada right now

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @jayeshaminnew @robertp Send parents passport in Feb 2021 for Visa Stamp as per the request and received it back without Stamp stating a letter that Visa Office will call and confirm the PR Status...Any thoughts what’s next and when will they call ?. Is this something to worry ? Thank you for the Support. Parents in Canada right now
they are doing virtual landing now. nothing to worry about.

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
is there any deference if log in through your bank account into CIC to access your file or i should create an actual cic account ?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys, is the biometrics requirement still cancelled for those who have given their biometrics in the last 10years?

We got a request for biometrics in august or so but was then told we didn’t need to since my parents have had visitor visas in the last couple years but not heard a word from Cic since then.

May 1st 2019 applicant
You should check biometric status in gckey account. It shows not required or passed then biometric already done for visitor visa is accepted.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Any new updates anyone receive for June 17 or close by applicants? Mine is still stuck at application received not even eligibility for sponsor started.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
It was a very Looooong wait, finally received PPR. My Timeline :
Application received 9th May 2019
Medical done Jan 2020
Prearrival Received before Biometric Request - March 2020
Biometric Requested after 3 days of PA and completed in March 2020
IRCC or VFS lost Biometric Record and didn't send any redo request.
Ordered GCMS notes and found comments - Biometric request redo required and then Covid happened
Travelled outside country to do Biometric in November 2020 with same old Bio Request Letter
All Passed and file waiting for final review since December 2020
January 2021 - Medical Expired and got extended
PPR in March 2021
Primary VO : New Delhi
PA in Canada when file submitted

@robertp @serious_cheese

Reactions: serious_cheese