+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi All, questions for all who have their parents in Canada on visitor/super visa - Are visitors eligible for COVID vaccination? My mother has been residing with me in Canada on visitor visa status for the last nearly 8 years (through visa extensions, short trips to home country), she is above 80. Does she qualify for the first round of vaccination starting soon? Do we require health card for the jabs?
Yes. You can check this link :
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/01/coronavirus-vaccines-will-be-available-to-immigrants-in-canada-0116718.html#gs.uxf40f

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi All, questions for all who have their parents in Canada on visitor/super visa - Are visitors eligible for COVID vaccination? My mother has been residing with me in Canada on visitor visa status for the last nearly 8 years (through visa extensions, short trips to home country), she is above 80. Does she qualify for the first round of vaccination starting soon? Do we require health card for the jabs?
From my doctor's clinic, I have learned that visitors are also eligible for the vaccine. They won't need the health card and the vaccine would be free, according to the clinic.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hello,

To get the GCMS notes, is this the right link? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Also, do I need to fill in the consent for ATIP request? As the sponsor, am I considered to be requesting info on behalf of my parent (principal applicant)?

Thanks so much!
I would prefer following one

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

Yes , you need consent form signed by your parents to apply.

Reactions: prontissimo

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Hi All,

I just got a request from IRCC's Singapore to submit proof of studies of my parents for the time of 50 years ago. We don't have any proof of studies documents available that we can submit due to too old time, all of them were either destroyed or lost somewhere.

Could you please advise how I should respond to IRCC's request and if you happen to have a response sample letter that you can share, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: nguyentu2001

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am happy for those whose parents became PR. Most discussions now centered around now PR cards and process further , is there any one waiting like me for medicals and whose application not turned into in progress . I am feeling concerned and lonely at this stage.
You are not alone! There are many of us, unfortunately. My SP application start process OCTOBER 25TH . Nothing else up to now. Not mention PR and MED EXM

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi guys

For anyone who had a parent on a Super visa or Visitor visa, what was the health coverage you used? I'm in the market for health insurance and just got quoted 3k for my parent, which make me curious if there are any other affordable options out there.

Please PM me the name as I'm not sure if naming it here is allowed. Thanks
Hi, can you please PM me the health coverage you used for parents on visitor visa?

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
unusual situation, parents came and changed the present address to Canadian address but they went back a week ago. Now wants to change the address back to the original one but when tried at the address change option, it does not allow it to change back to a different country but in Canada only. what shall I do? @serious_cheese any suggestions?

MTLasalle

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Need urgent help guys!

I have submitted the passport submission form to VFS. VFS inform us that we have to make a payment via payment link they will send us using an Indian debit card. My parents do not know how to operate a computer and make online payments. My parents do have a SBI classic debit card. My question is: Can I use their SBI Classic Debit card details to make the payments on their behalf from here in Canada? Will the payment go through? or It has to be done from India?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
unusual situation, parents came and changed the present address to Canadian address but they went back a week ago. Now wants to change the address back to the original one but when tried at the address change option, it does not allow it to change back to a different country but in Canada only. what shall I do? @serious_cheese any suggestions?
you can raise the issue through webform.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

How does that work when our parents are outside of Canada but office is CPC M? Did anyone got final approval from this office for visa while parents are outside of Canada? Can you kindly advise?

Thanks,

Last edited: