+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
I may not have communicated what I was trying to say well enough, but in no way was I trying to mock anyone. All I meant to say was that the processing of most applications is extremely slow, so if there is any update; it means there is some movement and the application is being processed, and which is a positive sign. I hope @Amath03 did not take it the way you did.
Dont worry, I didnt take it that way. For some users, receiving the pre-arrival services letter is a positive sign and for others, they receive it quite early and isnt an indicator of movement of the file. People are stressed and frustrated and a bit on the edge these days I guess.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I am not stressed, nor frustrated and not on the edge indeed. Actually I never was. I was patient all the way in processing. Because probably the delay in my processing was less concerning than other members. You can see my history I never vent out on the this thread regarding my file delays. Yeah I did get mad at some members when they give stupid replies. Anyhow I do feel for others who are stressed regarding their delays. Good luck everyone. My case is approved. I will be out of this thread. Thanks to everyone for the guidance. Cheers!!!
Many Congratulations to you.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
My parents super visa is expiring this month (March) and I'm going to have to apply for extension since there is no news on their Pr application. Any one did this lately? Please advise on how to get this done. Thank you!

valpis

Jan 28, 2019
Can please somebody share their info or maybe remembers if it was mentioned here earlier (can't seem to find on many last pages) - can my parent land under current circumstances with immigrant visa in passport already?
I saw some people asking about 3 day stay in the hotel, but I am note sure about their situation.

So while parent landing here would be "uniting with family member", there's clear mention of eTA or visitor via AND mention that PR landing is not allowed.
I am really confused - can they land or not? Thanks!

>https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
>"make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or electronic travel authorization [eTA], if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, anyone here has any idea/observation on how long is New Delhi office taking to proceed to the next step after the second medical is done. Has anyone seen a decision made and/or got COPR/passport request after redoing the medicals?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Can please somebody share their info or maybe remembers if it was mentioned here earlier (can't seem to find on many last pages) - can my parent land under current circumstances with immigrant visa in passport already?
I saw some people asking about 3 day stay in the hotel, but I am note sure about their situation.

So while parent landing here would be "uniting with family member", there's clear mention of eTA or visitor via AND mention that PR landing is not allowed.

>https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html
>"make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or electronic travel authorization [eTA], if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada
parents are considered immediate family members and exempted from travel restrictions. means YES, they can travel. Read requirements for boarding the plane ( test, documents, etc.)

Reactions: valpis

geol

Dec 18, 2014

Yes, your parents can travel with immigrant visa under reunion family. They have to carry your residential proof ( pr card copy/ citizenship proof) and relationship proof ( birth certificate) and Covid-19 test negative report within 72 hours of flight. Arrival in Canada once again test will be done at Airport and 3 days stay at hotel booking prior to board the flight as specified by the government of Canada. In case of negative test rest of quarantine period ( 11 days)as you mentioned in ArriveCan app or if positive results then continue at hotel only.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
It means PA eligibility is passed. Next they will be doing background check. Good luck
is it time when PA goes to in progress from application received ? isn't background checks complete makes PA from application received to In progress ?

Logmein

Jan 8, 2019
Hello All, I am planning to get in common-law relationship in spring this year, just want to understand if i need to resend all the forms adding my fiance in the application or just the The add-on request with the LOE and proof of common-law relationship.

Note that if me and my fiancé enter in common-law relation, she will not be co-signer in my PGP application and i am way above the family income requirements even with this addition.

My file is not yet evaluated for sponsorship eligibility, and no update since AOR

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
The online status changed to Decision made for my parents Permanent Residence Application but mycic account still shows in progress.
Same with me also. The Online status shows a decision made on Feb 9 but the account still shows in progress. I tried to call CIC and get to automated status reply, even that is telling the BGV is in progress