IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I am 21 May 2019 with expired medicals on 9th Feb 2021. LVO, still waiting
LVO takes forever!
Not even sure what happens after prearrival and remedical. Are we waiting for another year?

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
I am happy for those whose parents became PR. Most discussions now centered around now PR cards and process further , is there any one waiting like me for medicals and whose application not turned into in progress . I am feeling concerned and lonely at this stage.

HP_CAN

Feb 17, 2021
Any thoughts why I'm not able to link my Parents Sponsorship application. I applied in 2019 and just redo medical in jan2021. Status shows in process in online tool and was last updated in Jan 2020.

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
I just wanted to share with you my experience for those who are thinking to do the same... My parents landed here feb 17th on their tourist visa. We're hoping that changing their address and being here in Canada physically present will at least help in moving forward with their pr application. Their medicals is due to expire on Mar 6 and we haven't heard back from IRCC.

At the day of their arrival, at the airport, only passengers, security and healthcare workers conducting the swab test are allowed inside the airport. All family, friends or any one picking up passengers has to be outside the airport. We're standing OUTSIDE the sliding doors in freezing weather. Some are literally looking like curbside pickup.

Their plane landed 6:49pm. It took approx 3 hrs to finish all the process inside the airport. They were interviewed constantly as well. After 3 days, we've been receiving calls left and right from the government checking if we're following the quarantine protocols. Just this morning someone knocked on the door and interviewed my dad verifying same info as the one on the phone.

With this new hotel requirement whether or not your parents will be affected, the process in place is already stressful as it is. We just hope that this new restriction will not apply for them as it will be so hard not to see them for the next 3 days from their arrival.

Airport: toronto pearson
Thanks for sharing your experience.

If the applicant (parent) is present in Canada when applied and is currently present in Canada as well would that affect the process?

Also, the file remain in Canada or sent outside of Canada. In my case applicant (parent) is Pakistani and file is in London, UK. I called IRCC last week and according to the agent if the applicant was in Canada now and at the time of application sent then file should be processed in Canada.

Please confirm guys. Thanks

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
My parents medical passed late December of 2019, the medical pass line vanished early December of 2020. The office is CPC-M. Parents are here under extended visitor visor.
Hopefully we both get some good news soon.
Where are your parents from? citizen of?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience.

If the applicant (parent) is present in Canada when applied and is currently present in Canada as well would that affect the process?

Also, the file remain in Canada or sent outside of Canada. In my case applicant (parent) is Pakistani and file is in London, UK. I called IRCC last week and according to the agent if the applicant was in Canada now and at the time of application sent then file should be processed in Canada.

Please confirm guys. Thanks
Not necessary, parents were in Canada at the time of application submission the file sent to home country and vice versa also like parents were in home country and the file was processed in CPC-Mississauga.