+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
God knows what is going on with IRCC, with this pace where PGP-19 are still waiting for initial updates, the PGP-20/21 applicants should put this to their post retirement task list...:confused:

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hi,

PGP 2019 applicant. Parents became PR in Feb 2020.

My question is regarding eligible attendance for citizenship. My parents have spent some time in Canada on a super visa before becoming PR.
Will they get any credit for the time spent in Canada before becoming a PR?

Kindly advise. Appreciate all responses in advance !

Thanks
Yes, they will get 50% credit for the time spent on visitor/super visa (upto a maximum of 1 year) within last 5 years from date of citizenship application, so if they have stayed on super visa for 2 years or more, credit will be limited to 1 year.

You can try out the basic calculation on below link and it will give you the date when they might be eligible for Citizenship

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do

Reactions: ajithj

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi friends,
Parents getting visa and CoPR after March 18,2020 can still come to Canada as new immigrant, right?
Do they need any authorization letter? I don’t think so but looking for confirmation.
Thanks,

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I called IRCC , Mp’s recommendation to speed up things denied.
You was suppose to request MP to expedite the application process explaining your mother status and about your father. You can't ask IRCC for this issue or any kind of recommendation. It's always there internal process which cannot be revealed.

Last edited:

ssharma2

Nov 2, 2015
I have two additional dependents for year 2020 (One common-law partner & new born baby), does anyone know what would be right away to make this change to my application? Is there any new form, I need to fill & upload? FYI - I have raised IRCC webform today, and waiting for reply

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
You was suppose to request MP to expedite the application process explaining your mother status and about your father. You can't ask IRCC for this issue or any kind of recommendation. It's always there internal process which cannot be revealed.
That is what i meant he sent a letter requesting to expediate the process explaining what happened they denied

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hello folks,

Yesterday I received the PPR letter and I was deliriously happy like many of us would be when they hear something back. I immediately sent the required documents to Ottawa with the exception of my parents passport, instead I sent photocopies. The PPR letter says, "If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s)" and "If you do not require a visa to enter Canada: send photocopies". The way how I read this initially was that they don't need a Visa to enter Canada because they are already in Canada on a SuperVisa with a valid travel Visa. But I doubted myself and I read it again, maybe they meant to say if your passports requires a Visa to enter Canada send them and the answer is Yes, they possess the Lebanese Passport which requires a Travel Visa.

Anyways, I called CIC this morning and explained the dilemma, the person on the phone was very helpful. He asked if I need to send the Passports separately to Ottawa and came back with "No they don't have to send the passport, due to COVID the office here will communication to your parents and arrange a schedule at a local office in your area for Virtual Landing"

Anyone here have gone through a virtual landing? Did you receive an email? or a phone call? what was your experience?

Thank you,

Interest to sponsor Submission:
1/28/2019​
Invitations Receive Date:
4/24/2019​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
5/2/2019​
AoR Received (DATE):
7/11/2019​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision Made
Ecas Status for PR Application.Decision Made
Sponsorship In process Date:
8/19/2019​
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
2/18/2020​
PR Application Decision Made Date:
10/28/2020​
Biometric request :
3/2/2020​
MyCIC update:Review of medical result - You passed the medical exam
IME request date :
3/2/2020​
IME Passed date:
5/19/2020​
PCC request:
3/2/2020​
Additional document / travel history request date :
1/8/2020​
PPR Request
2/17/2021​

Reactions: serious_cheese

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
can anyone tell me the whole process of PGP? For example in my case. I applied in June 2019, got approved as sponsor and then started processing on the application. Since then nothing.

I know the application is in London, UK office. The whole process happens in UK? or sent there for security check etc? The PA is from Pakistan.

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello folks,

Yesterday I received the PPR letter and I was deliriously happy like many of us would be when they hear something back. I immediately sent the required documents to Ottawa with the exception of my parents passport, instead I sent photocopies. The PPR letter says, "If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s)" and "If you do not require a visa to enter Canada: send photocopies". The way how I read this initially was that they don't need a Visa to enter Canada because they are already in Canada on a SuperVisa with a valid travel Visa. But I doubted myself and I read it again, maybe they meant to say if your passports requires a Visa to enter Canada send them and the answer is Yes, they possess the Lebanese Passport which requires a Travel Visa.

Anyways, I called CIC this morning and explained the dilemma, the person on the phone was very helpful. He asked if I need to send the Passports separately to Ottawa and came back with "No they don't have to send the passport, due to COVID the office here will communication to your parents and arrange a schedule at a local office in your area for Virtual Landing"

Anyone here have gone through a virtual landing? Did you receive an email? or a phone call? what was your experience?

Thank you,

Interest to sponsor Submission:
1/28/2019​
Invitations Receive Date:
4/24/2019​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
5/2/2019​
AoR Received (DATE):
7/11/2019​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision Made
Ecas Status for PR Application.Decision Made
Sponsorship In process Date:
8/19/2019​
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
2/18/2020​
PR Application Decision Made Date:
10/28/2020​
Biometric request :
3/2/2020​
MyCIC update:Review of medical result - You passed the medical exam
IME request date :
3/2/2020​
IME Passed date:
5/19/2020​
PCC request:
3/2/2020​
Additional document / travel history request date :
1/8/2020​
PPR Request
2/17/2021​
from others on this thread, it is a call that they usually received to complete the virtual landing. Asks basic questions to confirm your parents are actually in Canada.

Reactions: JuneApplicantCEC

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
can anyone tell me the whole process of PGP? For example in my case. I applied in June 2019, got approved as sponsor and then started processing on the application. Since then nothing.

I know the application is in London, UK office. The whole process happens in UK? or sent there for security check etc? The PA is from Pakistan.
The whole process will happen out of the UK office

Reactions: Uzzi

geol

Dec 18, 2014

Most of the June applications are not seeing any movement but shortly it will be visible as most probably IRCC is clearing the backlog of May month applications. But sure IRCC will finalize 2019 PGP eligible applications in 2021 as they have a big target for the year.

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Most of the June applications are not seeing any movement but shortly it will be visible as most probably IRCC is clearing the backlog of May month applications. But sure IRCC will finalize 2019 PGP eligible applications in 2021 as they have a big target for the year.
really hope so..