+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi, Sorry to bother but we're in the same situation. My parents are here in Canada with Tourist Visa, their passports and visas will expire this year, If we can renew their passports inside Canada, can we extend their stay here? Are they going to issue a new Visa on the new passports while they are here?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Renewing a passport also depends on the Country of issuing. I also renewed my parent's passport in Canada. For Indian origin applicants, BLS provides that service.

Once they received the new passport, they can apply for a visitor record, this is different from an actual visa. The extension can be up to 6 months/ up to 2 years (for Supervisa).

Applicants can only apply for New Visa on a passport (counterfoil) in their country of residence only, not inside Canada.

Check if they got any stamp on the passport when they arrived, there must be an exit date written on that stamp by an officer. If not with a normal visitor Visa they can stay for 6 months and with Supervise for 2 years and this period can go beyond the expiry of passport and visa pasted on the passport.

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
London VO did actually do something? Congrats.... praying for my parents file now. Medicals expired on 9th Feb 2021
I feel the same way. They have been SO slow. They started off really fast. Praying that they move through quick now. My parents medicals expire on the 26th of Feb.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I saw someone's mother died and he got some help through the MP to expedite his father's application. Someone need similar help, can anyone please identify who is that person?

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
@salmunsu
Congratulations! :)
Finally they broke silence, will see how active they are next week.
I am following London_VO Spousal thread, they got pre-arrivals too, coming weeks will tell what they got for us!

Thank you for replying! Its good to hear that other people are also getting movement. Hopefully they move through quickly now with PPR unless they require more documentation.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I saw someone's mother died and he got some help through the MP to expedite his father's application. Someone need similar help, can anyone please identify who is that person?
I think it was @amanpreet.kaur01
Her father passed away, and now her mother is PA and her file is badly stuck at only “received” status and no progress at all.
I think she took help of MP but i don’t know if that helped or not.

Reactions: bdidol

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

PGP 2019 applicant. Parents became PR in Feb 2020.

My question is regarding eligible attendance for citizenship. My parents have spent some time in Canada on a super visa before becoming PR.
Will they get any credit for the time spent in Canada before becoming a PR?

Kindly advise. Appreciate all responses in advance !

Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hello everyone, June 12 applicant, the last update from CIC was Mar 12 2020 for medicals pass and submitted all documents as requested. I want to bring my parents to visit and not wait longer. I want to ask if anyone with similar timelines can advise if there are any additional documents CIC may ask for which they need to be in their home country? like police verification, medical update etc. if they are already done, sent but almost a year ago now. Has anyone got their medicals or police verification requested again after a year? Much appreciate your insights, wish everyone a fast reunion with respective family members!!

Reactions: nguyentu2001

zhongjw

Mar 10, 2020
Renewing a passport also depends on the Country of issuing. I also renewed my parent's passport in Canada. For Indian origin applicants, BLS provides that service.

Once they received the new passport, they can apply for a visitor record, this is different from an actual visa. The extension can be up to 6 months/ up to 2 years (for Supervisa).

Applicants can only apply for New Visa on a passport (counterfoil) in their country of residence only, not inside Canada.

Check if they got any stamp on the passport when they arrived, there must be an exit date written on that stamp by an officer. If not with a normal visitor Visa they can stay for 6 months and with Supervise for 2 years and this period can go beyond the expiry of passport and visa pasted on the passport.
Question about Renewing a passport :
For stamping with immigration visa, the passport which expiry date is less than one year need renewing? thank you!

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

User Name: millennial

Invitation Date: Apr 25, 2019

Application Received: June 24, 2019

AOR: Dec 03, 2019

In Progress: Oct 29, 2020

Anyone on the same boat as mine? :|

Reactions: nguyentu2001

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15
it seems like they will compare the initial X-Ray and the latest X-Ray.
Still didn't receive any call from them. another end the last X-ray and the latest one are the same Dr. said.

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019

Similar timelines:
Invitation date: April 27th 2019
Application received: June 24,2019
AOR: Dec 3rd,2019
In process for both Sponsor and principle applicant: Nov 6, 2019.
No news since then.

Reactions: serious_cheese

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

almost everyone from June are on that same boat.
it's a very large boat.