+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Hi all In IMM5768 Question 14 for the employment history section do we include parents in the family size? Or just my immediate family?

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
IME for PNP and family class sponsorship( PGP) are different procedure where it's required upfront and PGP it's instructions from IRCC. Even for supervisa IME is upfront only. You can't change the process of IRCC. It's your wish if you want medical to be done and if doctor do it to make some money but the reports can't go to the file in process under PGP.
For express entry u do medical along with your submission. For PNP yes you wait for IRCC to send you medical request but nowadays with covid many are doing upfront medical (I myself did upfront medical for PNP long time back).

I will confirm with the clinic here in ottawa for PGP.

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Had sponsored wife and daughter in feb 2020, visa is under process. Can one still apply for sponsoring parents?
Like applying for super visa or Parents Sponsorship visa....
Doubt, does if someone applies super visa, can't they apply for parents sponsorship...

Thanks for your time.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Had sponsored wife and daughter in feb 2020, visa is under process. Can one still apply for sponsoring parents?
Like applying for super visa or Parents Sponsorship visa....
Doubt, does if someone applies super visa, can't they apply for parents sponsorship...

Thanks for your time.
Short answer Yes, if you meet the minimum income requirement.
1-year Income for SuperVIsa
3 years Income for Parents sponsorship.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
For express entry u do medical along with your submission. For PNP yes you wait for IRCC to send you medical request but nowadays with covid many are doing upfront medical (I myself did upfront medical for PNP long time back).

I will confirm with the clinic here in ottawa for PGP.
If you do medical and accepted or not by IRCC then I request you to please update on this group. It will be of great help for other applicants also.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
If you do medical and accepted or not by IRCC then I request you to please update on this group. It will be of great help for other applicants also.
Well I just called one of the clinic in Ottawa and I asked if they do upfront medical? they said we do upfront medical for everyone, I asked if I don't have Medical request or IME from IRCC then? they said if you have UCI number you are good. He added medical is valid for 12 months and we will give you a proof that we did your medical and once the results are ready the doctor will submit it through eMedical system.

Reactions: geol

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Well I just called one of the clinic in Ottawa and I asked if they do upfront medical? they said we do upfront medical for everyone, I asked if I don't have Medical request or IME from IRCC then? they said if you have UCI number you are good. He added medical is valid for 12 months and we will give you a proof that we did your medical and once the results are ready the doctor will submit it through eMedical system.
Electronic immigration medical examination (eMedical)
Where technologically feasible, Panel Physicians complete the immigration medical examination and enter results into the eMedical system. These results are transferred to GCMS for processing.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
Hello Friends ,

I have unique situation . My Parents have visitor visa on their passport and passport are getting expired in next 7 months. PR case is in process . is possible that if apply for new passport , old visa can be transferred to new one ?

OR

If they come here , is possible they can apply for new passport and subsequently apply for visa extension on new passports from within Canada ?

OR

How difficult to get visitor visa for them on new passports during current time ?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello Friends ,

I have unique situation . My Parents have visitor visa on their passport and passport are getting expired in next 7 months. PR case is in process . is possible that if apply for new passport , old visa can be transferred to new one ?

OR

If they come here , is possible they can apply for new passport and subsequently apply for visa extension on new passports from within Canada ?

OR

How difficult to get visitor visa for them on new passports during current time ?

!. Visitor Visa are not issued beyond the expiry date of passports in Canada. Check the expiry date on the counterfoil. This eliminates your first concern.

2. It is recommended that you need minimum validity of 6 months of passport to travel. AS you have mentioned 7 months they are good to travel to Canada. Once they are here they can stay up to 6 months (on a normal visitor Visa ) and up to 2 years (with Super Visa for parents). Once they are here you can renew their passports and once they are near to expiry of 6 months/2 years you can apply for an extension.

3. They will only get an extension in Canada with a new passport. To get a Visa (counterfoil) they need to apply for that in their country of residence and with the currents situation of Covid-19, there is no specific timeline.

Hope this helps!

ron09

Apr 8, 2018
!. Visitor Visa are not issued beyond the expiry date of passports in Canada. Check the expiry date on the counterfoil. This eliminates your first concern.

2. It is recommended that you need minimum validity of 6 months of passport to travel. AS you have mentioned 7 months they are good to travel to Canada. Once they are here they can stay up to 6 months (on a normal visitor Visa ) and up to 2 years (with Super Visa for parents). Once they are here you can renew their passports and once they are near to expiry of 6 months/2 years you can apply for an extension.

3. They will only get an extension in Canada with a new passport. To get a Visa (counterfoil) they need to apply for that in their country of residence and with the currents situation of Covid-19, there is no specific timeline.

Hope this helps!

Hi, Sorry to bother but we're in the same situation. My parents are here in Canada with Tourist Visa, their passports and visas will expire this year, If we can renew their passports inside Canada, can we extend their stay here? Are they going to issue a new Visa on the new passports while they are here?

Thanks in advance for your help.