+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
for those that received an automatic extension, it showed up on their GCKey account with updated medical pass date. And for repeat medical request, they received a letter, similar to the initial medical request.
My parents received pre arrival letter, but no decision yet, what does it mean? medical section still shows you do not need medical, does it mean there's still possibility of them asking for Medical?
My sister's passport is expiring in a month and she'll be renewing her passport soon, how should Inform cic? After receiving the new passport? Or before?

Thanks

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
My parents received pre arrival letter, but no decision yet, what does it mean? medical section still shows you do not need medical, does it mean there's still possibility of them asking for Medical?
My sister's passport is expiring in a month and she'll be renewing her passport soon, how should Inform cic? After receiving the new passport? Or before?

Thanks
after your sisters pp is renewed, send them a copy of the new passport via webform

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Is the IRCC webform down for everyone? I have been trying to submit a form for the last two weeks but haven't been able to.
I'm trying to upload a document via the Webform page.
I finish filling the webform and go to the next page where it asks if i want to include a document and press yes.
Then it shows "500 - Internal Server Error, There is problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Can somebody please guide what can be done ? Its really stressful !

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Want to share my experience with those who might face a similar issue. My mom received two medical requests. I sent them a case-specific enquiry with details of this issue, but they still haven't replied after two weeks. Called the call centre today, and they cancelled one request, and kept another.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
I took help from MP office they gave the same parrot answer due to covid visa offices are operating at reduced capacity . They did change my mom to be the main applicant only took them 9 months to do so. Now we are in 19 months and still at application received not even sponsor's approval. I wish we can go into Visa offices and ask whyyyyyyyyy you taking this long
I also heard back from my local MP's office. They said "I spoke with the IRCC regarding your case. I understand that you have been waiting 18 months. They assured me that your parents’ case is still processing and moving forward. You can expect to hear back in the 20-24 month time frame, although there may be slight delays in processing due to COVID 19."
Not even a sponsor approval or even in process for sponsor approval...

Reactions: rockwidme

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Update, VO Mississauga. APP received May 22nd 2019, first medical passed on March 25th 2020. 2nd medical passed Jan 25th 2021. Today Feb 4th, ECAS shows Decision made. No PPR email and myCIC same now.
in how many days 2nd medical showed up as passed after your medicals appointment date?

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Update, VO Mississauga. APP received May 22nd 2019, first medical passed on March 25th 2020. 2nd medical passed Jan 25th 2021. Today Feb 4th, ECAS shows Decision made. No PPR email and myCIC same now.
congrats!! are your parents in Canada or are they outside at the moment?