+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello all,
I have two questions.
I have to update CIC with my parents new passports (renewed). Should I just do it through web form or any other way as well?
And should I just scan the first and last page of passports or all the pages needs to be scanned (even bank ones)?
Thanks
web form is the best way. You only need to scan the first and last page as it is a brand new passport

Reactions: raj_g

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Hi Folks, I have observed that for some, the expiring/expired medical has changed to MEDICAL PASSED ON (NEW DATE), while for others it changed to “MEDICAL NOT REQUIRED”. Anyone here has any idea why is it so? On what basis does IRCC choose one of the two updates?
I believe those whose file is in CPC-M and medical is expired in November 2020and still not residing in Canada on Visitor visa are getting to do Medical again.

This is same situation for my in laws.

Those who is residing in canada and application has received Decision Made back in March and medical has expired are getting automatic extension, as government indicates that applicant are in canada so they have admitted before medical expired so just provide extension and issue COPR immediately.

Reactions: amop and geol

navin1207

Mar 3, 2018
Please update my tracker - navin1207

• Biometric: 02/24/2020
  • Medical done - March/02/2020
  • Second Medical Request for Father’s Sputum test for TB - March/18/2020
  • Second Medical - Sputum Test and X-Ray completed - July/27/2020
  • Additional docs (Full Passport Scan, PCC, CV, IMM 5562e) emailed to CIC Mississauga - Sep/29/2020
  • Email received on Dec/23/2020 from Risk Assessment Unit, High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, stating Temporary resident visa for Canada has been de-activate (my Father’s), because information received from the regional Medical Officer indicates a diagnosis with an abnormal chest x-ray and further medical treatment is required to address the presence of active pulmonary tuberculosis.
  • Emailed - Final Medical Report dated July/23/2020, Provided by Hospital states “No evidence of active infection or tuberculosis”
  • Waiting for the response for both the reactivation of Resident Visa and PR Application

Reactions: serious_cheese

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
I believe those whose file is in CPC-M and medical is expired in November 2020and still not residing in Canada on Visitor visa are getting to do Medical again.

This is same situation for my in laws.

Those who is residing in canada and application has received Decision Made back in March and medical has expired are getting automatic extension, as government indicates that applicant are in canada so they have admitted before medical expired so just provide extension and issue COPR immediately.
My parents got medical extensions by visa officer automatically on Dec 29,2020.
PA DM on Dec 30, in Canada currently but still no CoPR

anyone on the same boat waiting for CoPR in Canada ?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Reactions: migratecanada2012

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hello everone,

My question is not related to PGP. but i can not find answer anywhere. I am applying for passport renewal for my parents( India). should i write my canadian address for their Indian passport application? @laxsun @serious_cheese @YULIA-2016
If you have their proof of address for Canada then you can do it. moreo you can google “ How to renew Indian Passport in Canada “. You will see a blog - www.remitbee blog . Hope it will be helpful

eyerish

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Everyone
I have question regarding my PGP file
I submitted my parents file on June 2019
I hade 2 separate application for my mom dad
My mother’s application : in process
She received her Biometrics last week
My father’s application received same day wit my mother but no process yet
Status still says received in June 2020
Called CIC few times - same answer due to COVID we are working half staff so we haven’t started procedure yet
History : my father is illegal in USA from last 19 years. he had business visa for 6 months and he over stayed , he has valid Indian passport. He pay tax in us and he also have SIN number
He has 0 criminal record. Is it possible for my father to clear PGP without any issue.
his application can be rejected ?
We were honest with CIC , we already submitted letter about his situation along with his file.
thanks

Last edited: