+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly, I don't think it is a great idea, this could potentially delay your application further and further. You will still deal with IRCC after you submit your second application, it will be the same story.
I know man, but my application got caught with my marital status change and wired Biometrics request that my parents are here in Canada OR the officer assigned to my files got covid-10 and is no longer alive.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Okay I understand. I was worried that immigration guy put it in medical inadmissibility and get PR rejection. If ortho recommend to do replacement then it is better to do surgery before medical exam? Anyone got medical pass with this scenario?
It depends on many factors. Do you have medical request already? If yes, so you have 30 days to do so, if still awaiting and have chance to do surgery in the middle of pandemic when most of procedures got postponed do replacement. In this case just have short summary from ortho to submit to panel physician. But status post surgery of knee replacement is definitely not the case of being inadmissible due to medical reasons. Physician would be worry more of possible TB. Best of luck!

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
my parents application medical expired today..earlier on the Ircc gckey login, it showed medical passed on 20th jan 2020. today it started showing, no medical required...

any clues if a new medical request is forthcoming or we dodged it???

anyone with similar experience??
yes same experience as yours, some one commented that they may or may not ask for remedicals. (thier wordings 'if required we may request again)

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello,
I am not sure who is experiencing the same as me, but:
We summited Biometrics on Oct 21st and medical a couple of weeks ago and
still saying:
  • Review of medical results
    • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
  • Biometrics
    • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message for details.
Also, on top right corner, you can clearly see Biometrics number and date....
I just don't know if this is normal...
same here with biometrics as with your case. and it was done year back, still in same status
  • Biometrics
    • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message for details.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Does anyone know the difference between requesting information under privacy act vs Access to Information Act for GCMS notes. I understand the privacy act is free and that other one is $5. What information will be missing from privacy act gcms notes?
Access to Information Act means you are about toaccess to someone esle
privacy act you are about to access YOUR personal information

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Good day everyone,

just a question on those who had their siblings included in the application please.

it says 14 business days from the acknowledgement email from ircc.

whats the timeline when you requested the authorization letter for extended family member ( sibling )? just want to know if some took longer than 14 days or if some just took a couple days til they received the letter.

(imm 0006 signed and notarized when requested for the authorization letter.)

thank you!
Applied Dec 7,2020. Got it Jan 19,2021 since submited completed application.

Reactions: tcc11

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi Everyone, my parents received the COPR from the New Delhi visa office and 'NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL' is printed on their COPR. They are planning to travel to Canada ideally by the end of this week. Can anyone suggest whether or not my parents can travel to Canada?

Please advise!
bring proofs show that they are related to you (ur birth certs, canadian passport or pr card,...)
NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL is default, everyone got COPR will have it. you still need visa with copr to travel.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
None whatsoever. I just called and emailed our MP, after reading through some of the other comments here. The processing timeline on CIC's website still says 20-24 months and it's been over 19 months for and we don't even have Sponsor Approval... I'm going to order GCMS notes too. I've done the freedom of information act request twice but there wasn't really anything there of substance other than they have the application... I do realize that our application was sent in very close to the deadline (received 2 days before the deadline) so we are at the back of the line. But we had to wait till my daughter was born in early June 2019 so we could add her as a dependent...
I have my application submitted June 17,2020 . everytime i called they are like the time line is 20-24 months pre covid now it is even more so no specific time, I have nothing other than AOR too it seems like they have forgot about the application. My father passed away Jan 2020 advises IRCC of the change in march 2020 and took them 9 months to make that change. Agent was surprised too that there is no sponsor approval still. I ordered GCMS notes it just shows ready to be assessed- not started. Feel so helpless and frustrated . i am not even sure what to do anymore

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Did you send the webform to New Delhi or Mississauga?
I would suggest you take help of your local MP as i have read your previous posts that they did not even update the PA to your mother.
Or call IRCC and clarify with them the situation.
I can understand how hard it is for you, i wish you luck and hope your file gets processed soon.
I took help from MP office they gave the same parrot answer due to covid visa offices are operating at reduced capacity . They did change my mom to be the main applicant only took them 9 months to do so. Now we are in 19 months and still at application received not even sponsor's approval. I wish we can go into Visa offices and ask whyyyyyyyyy you taking this long

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took help from MP office they gave the same parrot answer due to covid visa offices are operating at reduced capacity . They did change my mom to be the main applicant only took them 9 months to do so. Now we are in 19 months and still at application received not even sponsor's approval. I wish we can go into Visa offices and ask whyyyyyyyyy you taking this long
Sorry for your loss. I don't understand why they are still operating at reduced capacity after 10 months pandemic since March 2020. Most people can work from home right now, however the government employee still can NOT work at full capacity. That does NOT make any sense!!!

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my application submitted June 17,2020 . everytime i called they are like the time line is 20-24 months pre covid now it is even more so no specific time, I have nothing other than AOR too it seems like they have forgot about the application. My father passed away Jan 2020 advises IRCC of the change in march 2020 and took them 9 months to make that change. Agent was surprised too that there is no sponsor approval still. I ordered GCMS notes it just shows ready to be assessed- not started. Feel so helpless and frustrated . i am not even sure what to do anymore
Iam jun 18 application, same here stock in process since Feb 2020. Contacted MP, totally helpless, ordered GCMS notes , nothing at all... .
We are hopeless and frustrated and don't understand why new norm is accepted by every body except CIC and they still use pandemic to cover their delays..

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Iam jun 18 application, same here stock in process since Feb 2020. Contacted MP, totally helpless, ordered GCMS notes , nothing at all... .
We are hopeless and frustrated and don't understand why new norm is accepted by every body except CIC and they still use pandemic to cover their delays..
Sorry to say but my dear you have waited to submit the application till close to end of the submission dates, say third week of June. The applicants from May also waiting to get process and finalizing their applications. In this group earlier lot of June applicants has mention that their applications started moving. Due to Covid 19 and again a lock down in Ontario has put processing a hold and slow down the whole system. 9 months backlog due to covid 19 has extended the proceeding time. So I request you to have patience. Please don't take it otherwise and hope for the best. Call the IRCC and try to find out the status. If a call center executive is good, he will give you the clear status of your application. All the best.
Have you given the consent form to the MP regarding the application status?

Reactions: serious_cheese