Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
@serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Please update my status in the sheet.. it says "Decision made" but currently our application is "application received". we got request for biometrics on Feb 2020 and since then no update from CIC..

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Please update my status in the sheet.. it says "Decision made" but currently our application is "application received". we got request for biometrics on Feb 2020 and since then no update from CIC..
So your sponsorship application is "Decision Made" on Feb 22, 2020.
Your parent's permanent resident application must have changed now to "Application Received".
You must be receiving sponsorship approval (SA) letter with local visa office. If you don't receive SA letter within few weeks, better to call CIC.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
So your sponsorship application is "Decision Made" on Feb 22, 2020.
Your parent's permanent resident application must have changed now to "Application Received".
You must be receiving sponsorship approval (SA) letter with local visa office. If you don't receive SA letter within few weeks, better to call CIC.
thank you for reply. No "Decision Made". Status on CIC status check says "In Process"

status says "In process" and message "We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019."

On Feb 21st 2020 we got email from CPC Mississauga asking for finger prints scanned and photograph taken (biometric collection). My mother completed from home country. I called CIC number in September 2020 and they confirm they received it and no action required until I receive any other email.

Do you see anything missing from my side?

Reactions: laxsun

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
I need advice on getting travel exemption for sponsored parents with dependents. I know that parents are exempt from travel restrictions as they are considered immediate family members of the sponsor. Dependents of parents, however, are considered extended family members of the sponsor (Am I correct?). Does anyone know if dependents are exempt from travel restrictions and are allowed to travel to Canada together with their parents?

There are different ways that dependents could travel to Canada for the purpose of landing:
1. Principal applicant travels to Canada first and becomes a permanent resident. Dependents can travel at a later date as immediate family members of the landed parent. This is not my favorite option as they'll have to travel separately.
2. As dependents are considered extended family members of the sponsor, sponsor can request a travel exemption for them.
3. Traditionally principal applicant and all dependents travel together for the purpose of landing. This is my favorite option but I wonder if it's viable with all travel restrictions.

I welcome any thoughts on this. Thanks!

@sharareh @soroush @ZOYAMAN13
Hi Mike,

I don’t see any issue in landing the dependent with the principal applicant. They all can land together at the same time. If it’s the case that dependant cannot enter to Canada because she/he is not immediate family, they add a note in PPR letter or visa.

Reactions: mike86

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
thank you for reply. No "Decision Made". Status on CIC status check says "In Process"

status says "In process" and message "We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019."

On Feb 21st 2020 we got email from CPC Mississauga asking for finger prints scanned and photograph taken (biometric collection). My mother completed from home country. I called CIC number in September 2020 and they confirm they received it and no action required until I receive any other email.

Do you see anything missing from my side?
For others, "Decision Made" happens normally after few days of biometric collection letter. Nothing seems to be missing from your side but it is taking longer to have SA approval in your case. Have you linked your mom's application to MyCIC?

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Is there anyone with file in DM2 status, having crossed medical pass eligibility date and who has still not received any updates?

I am in this situation with parents in Canada but looks like nobody is even looking at the file. I have already raised webforms, called Ircc but nothing is helping.The webforms never reached them so they changed the address over the call. As the days are passing by, its becoming really stressful.

I have seen files which are not DM2 being progressed but why the nothing for the ones which are already DM2 ?

Can anyone suggest what additional steps should i take as i want make most out of my parents' trip.

Smash25

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,
I need an advance, my mother Bio-metric request came in Oct’2020. She tried to book her bio-metric appointment at VFS New Delhi but from past few months VFS Centre was closed due to COVID. Recently VFS office opened in last week of November to entertaining biometric appointments and now my mother got earliest appointment on 6th Jan’2021. As per the Biometric request letter received in oct 2020, it is mentioned if biometric details not shared before 29th Dec’2020, your PR application may be refused. Now, please suggest what shall I do as I requested VFS NEW Delhi to give my mother early biometric appointment before 29th dec but they refused and told that they don’t have any early slot available and earliest date is 6th Jan’2021. So i am worried this case my mother application will be rejected as all these delay resulted due to VFS office not opened for long period to take biometric appointments. Kindly suggest what shall I do next. Thanks!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi,
I need an advance, my mother Bio-metric request came in Oct’2020. She tried to book her bio-metric appointment at VFS New Delhi but from past few months VFS Centre was closed due to COVID. Recently VFS office opened in last week of November to entertaining biometric appointments and now my mother got earliest appointment on 6th Jan’2021. As per the Biometric request letter received in oct 2020, it is mentioned if biometric details not shared before 29th Dec’2020, your PR application may be refused. Now, please suggest what shall I do as I requested VFS NEW Delhi to give my mother early biometric appointment before 29th dec but they refused and told that they don’t have any early slot available and earliest date is 6th Jan’2021. So i am worried this case my mother application will be rejected as all these delay resulted due to VFS office not opened for long period to take biometric appointments. Kindly suggest what shall I do next. Thanks!
They will not reject any application due to delay as the IRCC already mentioned. Secondly they also said it's automatically 90 days for submission any document due to Covid-19. But on a safer side you raise the issue through web form and inform the Visa office explaining the situation.

Canadian1316ir

Dec 3, 2019
@iGalaxy @Canadian1316ir @MartinXenix @leilay
Did anyone get PA DM or PPR? Looks like Ankara is sending PPRs for applicants who did medical in Jan 2020.

@Roya-FSW and I are the only two applicants stuck in SA DM stage it seems.
Yes! My parents just received their PPRs.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese Please update my info: DM for PA on Dec. 17th. PPR received on Dec. 17th.

Thank you everyone for your kind help. This group is awesome. I hope everyone get their PPRs soon.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
For others, "Decision Made" happens normally after few days of biometric collection letter. Nothing seems to be missing from your side but it is taking longer to have SA approval in your case. Have you linked your mom's application to MyCIC?
I am not able to link to MyCIC but can check online status..

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

My parent’s PGP 2019 is still at AOR stage.

my parents visited us in on visitor visa and couldn’t travel back to India due to covid and we applied for their extension.
Last week we got request for medical and did it on Dec 14 in BC.
My fathers medical status is updated as ‘Pass’ on Dec 17.
While my mother had a surgery last year and taking some medications as suggested by surgeon, we shared the reports with IRCC panel physician and he has taken a copy of reports, which he said will be submitted to IRCC.
Is this the reason that my mothers medical status is still pending?
Can we submit more information to IRCC to strengthen our case as my mom is healthy and surgery also happened almost 1.5 years back.

please share your inputs/suggestions.
thanks!

Reactions: serious_cheese

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

My parent’s PGP 2019 is still at AOR stage.

my parents visited us in on visitor visa and couldn’t travel back to India due to covid and we applied for their extension.
Last week we got request for medical and did it on Dec 14 in BC.
My fathers medical status is updated as ‘Pass’ on Dec 17.
While my mother had a surgery last year and taking some medications as suggested by surgeon, we shared the reports with IRCC panel physician and he has taken a copy of reports, which he said will be submitted to IRCC.
Is this the reason that my mothers medical status is still pending?
Can we submit more information to IRCC to strengthen our case as my mom is healthy and surgery also happened almost 1.5 years back.

please share your inputs/suggestions.
thanks!
You don't need to worry about it much. I think your mom's medical pass will also happen soon. In my opinion, you don't need to send anything to IRCC about your mom's health except to the panel of physician.

Reactions: dm31810