+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Any New Delhi LVO folks who got biometrics done recently(last 1-2 months) Did anyone received a medical & Police Certificate request? My parent did biometrics on Nov 25, 2020, and haven't heard anything back from LVO.

Nuevo

Dec 12, 2020
Hi All,

This morning I received an update on myCIC, CPC is asking for new medicals for applicant and dependant. The medicals were passed and submitted in Oct 2019.

The letter says the medicals are expiring in Feb 21 and we are suppose to send before that time.

Can I challenge or ask for a waiver as its not my fault that CIC has not been working on files since the start of 2020?
Did you get a request to do medical again or extension till Feb 21?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Did you get a request to do medical again or extension till Feb 21?
I passed my medicals on Oct 1st, 2019 and since then CIC has not updated anything on the file and today I got below message.

Medical: Your medicals are due to expire on 2021/02/28. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for an extension. Please complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. Instructions for your new medicals have been sent to you separately. This must be
received at this office by: 2021/03/18

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my medicals on Oct 1st, 2019 and since then CIC has not updated anything on the file and today I got below message.

Medical: Your medicals are due to expire on 2021/02/28. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for an extension. Please complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. Instructions for your new medicals have been sent to you separately. This must be
oh no, that's too bad, cannot believe that they took that long. I guess the only option is to retake. What a waste of money!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

This morning I received an update on myCIC, CPC is asking for new medicals for applicant and dependant. The medicals were passed and submitted in Oct 2019.

The letter says the medicals are expiring in Feb 21 and we are suppose to send before that time.

Can I challenge or ask for a waiver as its not my fault that CIC has not been working on files since the start of 2020?
I would question if it's worth it to fight given the cost. You could win the case but what if they didn't get back to you right away and your deadline has passed, this potentially could lead to several delay and issue. I know it is a hassle to do it again but you only sponsor your parents once, no more!

Nuevo

Dec 12, 2020

Isn't this weird? If you passed the medicals on October 01, 2019- the date of medical expiry on October 2020. They are saying its going to expire in Feb 21 which is already an extension of 5 months and is still approx. 3 months away.

Reactions: serious_cheese

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isn't this weird? If you passed the medicals on October 01, 2019- the date of medical expiry on October 2020. They are saying its going to expire in Feb 21 which is already an extension of 5 months and is still approx. 3 months away.
I would still redo it right away though, never know what will happen.

mike86

Dec 17, 2020
I need advice on getting travel exemption for sponsored parents with dependents. I know that parents are exempt from travel restrictions as they are considered immediate family members of the sponsor. Dependents of parents, however, are considered extended family members of the sponsor (Am I correct?). Does anyone know if dependents are exempt from travel restrictions and are allowed to travel to Canada together with their parents?

There are different ways that dependents could travel to Canada for the purpose of landing:
1. Principal applicant travels to Canada first and becomes a permanent resident. Dependents can travel at a later date as immediate family members of the landed parent. This is not my favorite option as they'll have to travel separately.
2. As dependents are considered extended family members of the sponsor, sponsor can request a travel exemption for them.
3. Traditionally principal applicant and all dependents travel together for the purpose of landing. This is my favorite option but I wonder if it's viable with all travel restrictions.

I welcome any thoughts on this. Thanks!

@sharareh @soroush @ZOYAMAN13

Last edited:

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
Why do you think you will be getting a second medical request?
Thanks for your reply. Our medical got expired in December. That's why I was thinking to get a second medical request

MAK26

Sep 2, 2020
Hello, this is a rather urgent matter i would appreciate to have your advice.

We have received passport request letter for PGP application from VAC ANKARA Turkey, my mother is the principal applicant and my father and brother are dependents. my brother is currently in canada on student visa while my parents are in home country iran and both have valid super visa. according to the letter we received it mentions:

"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

question is if my parents plan to enter canada with a temporary travel visa to send all passports in one file to CPC Ottawa, would this be counted as dual intent and how would the officer approach this at the border?

i would appreciate to hear your thoughts and what suggestions you have.

thanks kindly

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Last edited:

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hello, this is a rather urgent matter i would appreciate to have your advice.

We have received passport request letter for PGP application from VAC ANKARA Turkey, my mother is the principal applicant and my father and brother are dependents. my brother is currently in canada on student visa while my parents are in home country iran and both have valid super visa. according to the letter we received it mentions:

"If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

question is if my parents plan to enter canada with a temporary travel visa to send all passports in one file to CPC Ottawa, would this be counted as dual intent and how would the officer approach this at the border?

i would appreciate to hear your thoughts and what suggestions you have.

thanks kindly

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html
can you please share your timeline if you're not in tracker already?