+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kreg

Nov 9, 2020
Hi
Has anybody raised a webform in last 2 - 3 weeks?
Have you got any response on that?
I had raised request via webform on 25th Nov and got reply on 15th Dec. My parents are in India and PR file is in Mississauga, ON. Their medicals were passed in Feb 2020 but no communication after that. Hence, I raised webform question on whether we have missed any letter/email. They confirmed that there hasn't been any further updates after Feb 2020 and that the file is process and slow due to COVID.

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
You are lucky to have them with you in Canada. Bcuz my father’s super visa expired last year and we had pinned all hopes on PR application; they cant join me or travel to Canada....
Hopefully, they get to processing all applications soon. Praying for your application to get processed soon.

Reactions: MArshi

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Another question and need some thoughts. My In-laws received medical request the other day and both are in Canada via Supervisa. When my FiL applied for super visa in 2019, his medical request required additional testing as apparently they saw a scar on his lungs but eventually after a few tests he was granted super visa.

Will this be an issue with the medical request for his PR application? I'm hoping they have some kind of a history on their file.

Any thoughts?

mike86

Dec 17, 2020
Hello @serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Please include my application info in the spreadsheet:

Invitation date: April 24, 2019
App received in Ottawa: May 28, 2019
Sponsored people: Mom + 1 dep
Country of citizenship: Iran
AOR: Sep. 16, 2019
VO: Ankara
Biometrics request: Nov. 18, 2019
Medical request: Jan. 10, 2020
Additional doc request: Jan. 10, 2020
police certificate request: Jan. 10, 2020
Pre-arrival letter: Nov. 7, 2020
Medical passed: Dec. 3, 2020
Decision made for PA: Dec. 7, 2020

Thank you

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Another question and need some thoughts. My In-laws received medical request the other day and both are in Canada via Supervisa. When my FiL applied for super visa in 2019, his medical request required additional testing as apparently they saw a scar on his lungs but eventually after a few tests he was granted super visa.

Will this be an issue with the medical request for his PR application? I'm hoping they have some kind of a history on their file.

Any thoughts?
No it should not be an issue. He may need to go through all the extra tests again.
But when he goes for the medical now, If you have any reports from the previous medical, take those with you and it might be helpful in avoiding extra tests.
My mom had extra tests (sputum culture) in 2018 for her super visa medical then she came to Canada and did medical surveillance (which was another sputum test and x ray), I asked the Canadian doctor to give me those reports, and now in 2020 my mom did PR medical ( that too here in Canada), i took those reports from 2018 and my mom passed the medical after 1 month of doing it without any new sputum tests.
So if you have any reports it might help and if you don’t even then don’t worry, they will do extra tests and your FIL’s medical should be fine :)
Good Luck

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
No it should not be an issue. He may need to go through all the extra tests again.
But when he goes for the medical now, If you have any reports from the previous medical, take those with you and it might be helpful in avoiding extra tests.
My mom had extra tests (sputum culture) in 2018 for her super visa medical then she came to Canada and did medical surveillance (which was another sputum test and x ray), I asked the Canadian doctor to give me those reports, and now in 2020 my mom did PR medical ( that too here in Canada), i took those reports from 2018 and my mom passed the medical after 1 month of doing it without any new sputum tests.
So if you have any reports it might help and if you don’t even then don’t worry, they will do extra tests and your FIL’s medical should be fine :)
Good Luck
Ok good to know thank you! I might have to contact the clinic that did his xray and sputum here in Canada as he was in the same exact situation when he arrived.

Reactions: calgary17

neet13

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I need advise on travelling to Canada for my parents. They got their copr back in October however i was wondering if my mom can travel earlier then my dad as my dad has some property work going on. He wont be able to trav before march or april. And was wondering if my mom can travel in January. Mom was dependent with so not sure how this works.
Please advise.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello @serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

Please include my application info in the spreadsheet:

Invitation date: April 24, 2019
App received in Ottawa: May 28, 2019
Sponsored people: Mom + 1 dep
Country of citizenship: Iran
AOR: Sep. 16, 2019
VO: Ankara
Biometrics request: Nov. 18, 2019
Medical request: Jan. 10, 2020
Additional doc request: Jan. 10, 2020
police certificate request: Jan. 10, 2020
Pre-arrival letter: Nov. 7, 2020
Medical passed: Dec. 3, 2020
Decision made for PA: Dec. 7, 2020

Thank you
I have added you. do you know your in process and decision made date for SA?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello
I need advise on travelling to Canada for my parents. They got their copr back in October however i was wondering if my mom can travel earlier then my dad as my dad has some property work going on. He wont be able to trav before march or april. And was wondering if my mom can travel in January. Mom was dependent with so not sure how this works.
Please advise.
I believe principal applicant has to land before or at the same time as dependent. So your dad can travel without mom but not the other way around.

Reactions: laxsun and geol