+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ba7

Nov 19, 2019
hi guys goodevening,

where to check parent sponsorship PR status for my mom? please can someone help me on this?
we received biometrics, and we did it? do we need to send email or what are the next steps?

share of information would be appreciable please!
Thank you !

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
hi guys goodevening,

where to check parent sponsorship PR status for my mom? please can someone help me on this?
we received biometrics, and we did it? do we need to send email or what are the next steps?

share of information would be appreciable please!
Thank you !

Create an account on GCKEY and link you application. You will be able to see the progress ( each and every detail) of your application there. You can also check on ECAS if you want to see the progress status of Sponsor and PR application.
for example: in-progress/decision made etc.

ECAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

GCKEY:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Note*
Once you link you application on GCKEY, all the information from IRCC will appear there as a message and you will get notification in your email that there is a new message in GCKEY from IRCC

I hope this info will help you with navigating online.

SS.Inder

Jul 24, 2019
Hi guys
Got biometric request for my parents, but I’m not able to book appointment for both of them as VFS is asking for two different application numbers to book two appointment but I got only one application number my father being the primary applicant. Did any one else experienced the same issue. Any suggestions!!
I had same situation. I booked my father's appointment online but could not book my mother's. They only did biometrics for my Father on the appointment day.
I sent them many emials about this issue and they eventually booked an appointment for my mother on a later date.

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

2 questions on medical exam:
1. Do we need to upload the papers given by Physician office as a proof of medical done?
2. Doctor took some past report of my mothers surgery. What happens in such cases?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
My parents file is stuck in London since February2020. Medicals & PCC done. Are your parents are in Pak?
Exact same situation. Parents are Bangladeshi but they applied from Qatar. Now they are in Canada and I have updated their address on file using webform.

Medical passed on Feb 26th and I am assuming about to expire in 2 months. PCC was send but mycic does not say that background check is complete yet.

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Hello everyone,

2 questions on medical exam:
1. Do we need to upload the papers given by Physician office as a proof of medical done?
2. Doctor took some past report of my mothers surgery. What happens in such cases?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Physician send the medical results to IRCC directly and then immigration officer review the results and update the information in GCKEY accordingly. You can check the status in GCKEY if you have linked your file there.

Reactions: dm31810

Showman8888

Mar 20, 2017
My parents are coming to Canada in January on Supervisa. They will be travelling through British Airways, with a 4 hour layover at London Heathrow airport. Is there any rule or restrictions in UK for transiting passengers with Indian passport.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Thanks! I assume your mom wasn't in Canada in February?!
Is there a way to filter the tracker, or do you just organize visa office A-Z?
Yes, she was and is still in Canada. I don’t quite remember how to do it but yeah try it that way !

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My parents are coming to Canada in January on Supervisa. They will be travelling through British Airways, with a 4 hour layover at London Heathrow airport. Is there any rule or restrictions in UK for transiting passengers with Indian passport.
From India as of now there is no other flight except Airindia and Air Canada. And these flights are under airbubble between India and Canada, nonstop flights between New Delhi - Toronto / Vancouver. Other Airlines book the tickets and last moment they cancel. On enquiry airlines say subject to government approval.

Last edited:

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi Guys,
Is there anyone in the group who sent passport to CPC Ottawa and then received back passport without COPR AND STILL waiting for COPR???
Whoever is sending passports to CPC-Ottawa, return without COPR. And virtual landing will be processed some time early or may be within couple of weeks.

Ba7

Nov 19, 2019
Create an account on GCKEY and link you application. You will be able to see the progress ( each and every detail) of your application there. You can also check on ECAS if you want to see the progress status of Sponsor and PR application.
for example: in-progress/decision made etc.

ECAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

GCKEY:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Note*
Once you link you application on GCKEY, all the information from IRCC will appear there as a message and you will get notification in your email that there is a new message in GCKEY from IRCC

I hope this info will help you with navigating online.
Thank you so much for your informative reply.

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
Exact same situation. Parents are Bangladeshi but they applied from Qatar. Now they are in Canada and I have updated their address on file using webform.

Medical passed on Feb 26th and I am assuming about to expire in 2 months. PCC was send but mycic does not say that background check is complete yet.
You are lucky to have them with you in Canada. Bcuz my father’s super visa expired last year and we had pinned all hopes on PR application; they cant join me or travel to Canada....

Reactions: salmunsu